• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Both Apink and WJSN's songs are alright. I think they both will release some better ones later this year.

And hot damn, Blackpink are coming to Amsterdam.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
CONGRATULATION CHUNGHA, 1ST SOLO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4e201f1f23684c649a64e9405db2503b.jpeg

Talent wins

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I just got into CLC and am glad they have a comeback this month. Watching Sorn's Vlog it is sad how they almost seemed like they were abandoned by Cube.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do a ChiCity show for BP, but tickets will be a blood bath(Regardless) depending on the stadium. If they go anything smaller than United Center, it's fucked.

On the positive side, GD's tour to the US included Chicago and was United Center. Honestly, I think they are big enough to do multiple shows as well in each city like BTS

Hopefully they don't use small venues for BP because otherwise it'll be a warzone.

I do think it will be Arena. As stated, GD's tour was Arena and supposedly did pretty well. And they are a top line act for Coachella

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Favorite seem like they finally will get a solid track, start to finish, and a very solid set of b-sides

Excited for Loona, but having to wait 10 days between teasers and possibly a month for a new release it's too much.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Loona took actual years to debut.

For anyone who forgot how much money BlockBerry Creative's parent company has, they flew Go Won to Iceland just to find one of Haseul's feathers.

Should find some singing lessons during her trip.

9955BD415BAF800C0D

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
And hot damn, Blackpink are coming to Amsterdam.

London's been confirmed too, I think? Not sure if Live Nation is jumping the gun though.

Shit is getting real you guys.

is this a death stranding trailer kookie explain pls

For anyone who forgot how much money BlockBerry Creative's parent company has, they flew Go Won to Iceland just to find one of Haseul's feathers.

9955BD415BAF800C0D

Brutal.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have been subscribed to that channel for so long and everytime they uploan anything I think: "this would be up davidwangchoi's alley"
lol, i'm still waiting for a certain classic Roo Ra performance to finally be uploaded.

Shit is getting real you guys.
Ooooo

9955BD415BAF800C0D
OOOOOOooo
Some of theories ppl have posted on Twitter are getting too good.

I wonder if the next teaser will be Haseul focused?
waiting for jongkookie
is this a death stranding trailer kookie explain pls

Brutal.
ah No No Eul posted the same and beat me to it =)

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What did they think inviting so many openly timid singers? Jiyoung was so much more open with Jiyoons presence during Weekly Idol, Bona did say she never even heal SeolAs hand during their last appearance as WJSN...

Speaking of them, their outfits this time are soooo good. And Luda got to sing for like 15 seconds. <3

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Everyday Girl's Day ;-;

Can't say I didn't see this coming since they were MIA for so long. They all seem to be happy doing there own thing though so all the best to them.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. I mean, the writing's been on the wall, but still. Something and Expectation were the singles that first got me into kpop.

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody pinged me for the LOONA stuff, so davidwhangchoi this is all your fault. :P

As always is the case with LOONA, speculation runs rampant. In fact, I advise y'all to take the Twitter theories with a grain of salt coz these Orbits are thinking too fucking hard. Before the XIIX teaser some were speculating it's some crazy number that leads to random shit that doesn't really matter when anyone with a brain and an IQ over 50 can easily assume those are dates... and true enough, those numbers do mean dates.

So anyway, where are we at right now?

Tbh like Go Won, we're in the middle of fucking nowhere with no idea what the hell is going on lmao.

Or rather, Go Won knows everything and this is the result.

Let's start with the X1X teaser... that teaser says a lot but also obscures a lot... and I mean literally. For example, Choerry and Jinsoul don't seem to have their odd eyes while Kim Lip still has it. Why? We'll get to that later lol. Another thing that wasn't obvious is how it seems like somebody cuts their hair and if you listen closely you can hear a pair of scissors or something similar that indicates this type of action. Finally, the rampant use of butterfly imagery all over the video. As some of you might know, Go Won's animal is a butterfly in the LOONAverse... but why a butterfly? Well, time to sit down coz we're gonna go deep for a bit.

Do y'all know of the butterfly effect? To put that in a very simple and probably wrong example, let's say I eat fries for a meal instead of sticking through my routine of eating a salad... the day I ate those fries will lead me to being an unhealthy slob. The proper explanation for butterfly effect is this: "(with reference to chaos theory) the phenomenon whereby a minute localized change in a complex system can have large effects elsewhere. " But if I'm understanding it correctly, my fries example still works.

So how does the butterfly effect relate to Go Won(a butterfly in the LOONAverse)? A lot of the speculation says that she has the ability to change the LOONAverse... but we don't know exactly how and why she wants to change it... and I think this will be explained during these round of promotions... whenever the hell that happens. But one thing is for sure, this change that happens reverses the LOONAverse to the point that JinSoul and Choerry never get their odd eyes, Chuu remains dead in a ditch(remember how Haseul wakes her up at the end of Heart Attack?), Yves probably never leaves Eden, and Olivia doesn't get to kill Vivi.

My personal theory(and this was supported by the latest XIIX teaser) is that somebody in the LOONAverse isn't who they say they are. And that person is none other than LOONA's leader, Haseul. If you watch her MV, she kills a lot of her clones/self with a slingshot and diamonds... and here's the best part, the airplane that Go Won finds in the XIIX teaser is literally the same one in Let Me In(Haseul's MV), and that feather? Well, Haseul's animal is a white bird... hmmmmmmmm.

A lot of the speculation also speculates that Haseul cut her hair. And there's a couple of things that support that... one is that cutting sound I mentioned earlier in X1X, and the other reason is how Haseul hasn't been seen since their Christmas greetings. Hell, Heejin and Hyunjin graduated from high school a few days ago and Haseul was nowhere to be seen. Haseul is practically the mom of the group and loves 2Jin like they're her kids... Now pray tell, why the hell would Blockberry hide Haseul in their basement for no one to see? They already gave her less lines in Hi High! Now they're trapping her in their dungeon? So yes, I do think Haseul cut her hair... but wait, there's more!

During LOONA Studio a lot of people thought that Kim Lip cut her hair coz in a couple of shots you can definitely see the stylist fucking up and didn't hide her extensions correctly. But Kim Lip showed up to 2Jin's graduation(along with Jinsoul and Vivi) and her hair looked fine, and again Haseul was missing here... as well as Yeojin(probably stuck in school), Chuu(probably trying to trademark the Chuu heart at the trademark office), Go Won and Olivia were supposedly seen at Incheon international airport a few days ago so they obviously missed it, and finally Yves wasn't there too. Yves not being there probably means she's stuck in the same dungeon as Haseul coz the X1X teaser shows Yves before the sound of the scissors play, so it's assumed she also cut her hair and can't reveal it.

Speaking of Haseul and a dungeon... more evidence that Haseul is evil can be seen in Love Cherry Motion(Choerry's MV) and Hi High. I've been speculating for a while now that both Choerry and Yeojin are Haseul's prisoners. With Hi High, you don't actually see Yeojin and Haseul meet up with the other members... instead they seem like they're trapped in this grassy field. And with Choerry, you can see her going to a house with Haseul and Yeojin and the only way she got out is by Jinsoul placing the cherry on the cake(Odd Eye Circle "Reveal" video), which transports Choerry to the Odd Eye Circle side of the mobius(yes, I haven't forgotten about this but at this point the mobius seems a bit irrelevant due to how the story is being rewound... I think it's still a thing in the LOONAverse, but if the butterfly effect does change a lot of things then people are going to be on different sides of the mobius, which probably means different subunits too).

Before I go too far, I would like to state that I seriously believe they're rewinding the story because they didn't come up with this lore shenanigans before Kim Lip's debut, so this is their way of trying to retcon the story and give the 1/3 girls a place in the LOONAverse(if you remember in one of my previous posts I state that 1/3 are just your average normal human beings while OEC and yyxy are special).

Anyway, going to the XIIX teaser... it honestly was pretty straightforward while being both light and heavy on the lore. Light in that they didn't really beat around the bush and try to throw curveballs, but heavy in that Go Won somehow ends up in Iceland and finds Haseul's feather. How would this even happen? Tbh, I still don't know either. yyxy doesn't really have the ability to jump to different universes(except for Yves I think) but even then, why would Go Won be alone here? Assuming the One teaser/MV still holds a ton of merit, you can also surmise that Yves, Chuu, and Olivia are there with Go Won(coz the One video says yyxy are 4 egos/personas but one person or something to that effect). That dead Go Won is eerie as fuck tho... but I don't think it's meant to be taken literally, I think it's just symbolically representing that Go Won is leaving her cocoon.

Now as for that feather? As I said I still don't know why she found it, but I do think it's a hint from BBC as to what's coming. There's obviously 2 more teasers coming and early discussion in the discord said that the next 2 teasers will reveal some hidden secret from the past(like the running girl in Girl Front) but I don't think it's necessarily a subunit thing.

Remember how I mentioned that Haseul, Kim Lip, and Yves seem to have gotten haircuts? You see where I'm getting at here? I think the next two teasers are going to be about Kim Lip and Yves. Go Won is probably going to end up in the same location that Eclipse takes place and she'll either find a pair of Chuck Taylors, a backpack or the chair that Lip sits on. I personally think it's the chair coz Go Won was crowned a queen and that chair made Lip look very queen-like. As for Yves, continuing the queen theme... what do royalty always do? They always look down to their people, and in Yves' MV, you only see Yves in high places looking down towards the camera.

Anyway, TL;DR: the LOONA XX era is probably going to rewind the LOONAverse and introduce new subunits, the Loona leaders are actually evil(Haseul, Kim Lip, and Yves) and Go Won is here to save the day by using the butterfly effect.

Also if you read all that and nothing made sense, don't worry... as I said, nothing makes any sense right now. It's all speculation and random fan theories... but this is one of the fun parts of following LOONA. These theories, the lore... it only really adds up to the enjoyment you can get from following the group. So as the kids say, Stan Loona.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Fun tidbit, there's a lunar eclipse in real life on the 21st. It'd be fun and make sense if Go Won's next teaser visit was to the set of Kim Lips - Eclipse. The scene of the next girl that allegedly got a haircut.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody pinged me for the LOONA stuff, so davidwhangchoi this is all your fault. :P

As always is the case with LOONA, speculation runs rampant. In fact, I advise y'all to take the Twitter theories with a grain of salt coz these Orbits are thinking too fucking hard. Before the XIIX teaser some were speculating it's some crazy number that leads to random shit that doesn't really matter when anyone with a brain and an IQ over 50 can easily assume those are dates... and true enough, those numbers do mean dates.

Tbh like Go Won, we're in the middle of fucking nowhere with no idea what the hell is going on lmao.

Let's start with the X1X teaser... that teaser says a lot but also obscures a lot... and I mean literally. For example, Choerry and Jinsoul don't seem to have their odd eyes while Kim Lip still has it. Why? We'll get to that later lol. Another thing that wasn't obvious is how it seems like somebody cuts their hair and if you listen closely you can hear a pair of scissors or something similar that indicates this type of action. Finally, the rampant use of butterfly imagery all over the video. As some of you might know, Go Won's animal is a butterfly in the LOONAverse... but why a butterfly? Well, time to sit down coz we're gonna go deep for a bit.

Do y'all know of the butterfly effect? To put that in a very simple and probably wrong example, let's say I eat fries for a meal instead of sticking through my routine of eating a salad... the day I ate those fries will lead me to being an unhealthy slob. The proper explanation for butterfly effect is this: "(with reference to chaos theory) the phenomenon whereby a minute localized change in a complex system can have large effects elsewhere. " But if I'm understanding it correctly, my fries example still works.

So how does the butterfly effect relate to Go Won(a butterfly in the LOONAverse)? A lot of the speculation says that she has the ability to change the LOONAverse... but we don't know exactly how and why she wants to change it... and I think this will be explained during these round of promotions... whenever the hell that happens. But one thing is for sure, this change that happens reverses the LOONAverse to the point that JinSoul and Choerry never get their odd eyes, Chuu remains dead in a ditch(remember how Haseul wakes her up at the end of Heart Attack?), Yves probably never leaves Eden, and Olivia doesn't get to kill Vivi.

My personal theory(and this was supported by the latest XIIX teaser) is that somebody in the LOONAverse isn't who they say they are. And that person is none other than LOONA's leader, Haseul. If you watch her MV, she kills a lot of her clones/self with a slingshot and diamonds... and here's the best part, the airplane that Go Won finds in the XIIX teaser is literally the same one in Let Me In(Haseul's MV), and that feather? Well, Haseul's animal is a white bird... hmmmmmmmm.

A lot of the speculation also speculates that Haseul cut her hair. And there's a couple of things that support that... one is that cutting sound I mentioned earlier in X1X, and the other reason is how Haseul hasn't been seen since their Christmas greetings. Hell, Heejin and Hyunjin graduated from high school a few days ago and Haseul was nowhere to be seen. Haseul is practically the mom of the group and loves 2Jin like they're her kids... Now pray tell, why the hell would Blockberry hide Haseul in their basement for no one to see? They already gave her less lines in Hi High! Now they're trapping her in their dungeon? So yes, I do think Haseul cut her hair... but wait, there's more!

During LOONA Studio a lot of people thought that Kim Lip cut her hair coz in a couple of shots you can definitely see the stylist fucking up and didn't hide her extensions correctly. But Kim Lip showed up to 2Jin's graduation(along with Jinsoul and Vivi) and her hair looked fine, and again Haseul was missing here... as well as Yeojin(probably stuck in school), Chuu(probably trying to trademark the Chuu heart at the trademark office), Go Won and Olivia were supposedly seen at Incheon international airport a few days ago so they obviously missed it, and finally Yves wasn't there too. Yves not being there probably means she's stuck in the same dungeon as Haseul coz the X1X teaser shows Yves before the sound of the scissors play, so it's assumed she also cut her hair and can't reveal it.

Speaking of Haseul and a dungeon... more evidence that Haseul is evil can be seen in Love Cherry Motion(Choerry's MV) and Hi High. I've been speculating for a while now that both Choerry and Yeojin are Haseul's prisoners. With Hi High, you don't actually see Yeojin and Haseul meet up with the other members... instead they seem like they're trapped in this grassy field. And with Choerry, you can see her going to a house with Haseul and Yeojin and the only way she got out is by Jinsoul placing the cherry on the cake(Odd Eye Circle "Reveal" video), which transports Choerry to the Odd Eye Circle side of the mobius(yes, I haven't forgotten about this but at this point the mobius seems a bit irrelevant due to how the story is being rewound... I think it's still a thing in the LOONAverse, but if the butterfly effect does change a lot of things then people are going to be on different sides of the mobius, which probably means different subunits too).

Before I go too far, I would like to state that I seriously believe they're rewinding the story because they didn't come up with this lore shenanigans before Kim Lip's debut, so this is their way of trying to retcon the story and give the 1/3 girls a place in the LOONAverse(if you remember in one of my previous posts I state that 1/3 are just your average normal human beings while OEC and yyxy are special).

Anyway, going to the XIIX teaser... it honestly was pretty straightforward while being both light and heavy on the lore. Light in that they didn't really beat around the bush and try to throw curveballs, but heavy in that Go Won somehow ends up in Iceland and finds Haseul's feather. How would this even happen? Tbh, I still don't know either. yyxy doesn't really have the ability to jump to different universes(except for Yves I think) but even then, why would Go Won be alone here? Assuming the One teaser/MV still holds a ton of merit, you can also surmise that Yves, Chuu, and Olivia are there with Go Won(coz the One video says yyxy are 4 egos/personas but one person or something to that effect). That dead Go Won is eerie as fuck tho... but I don't think it's meant to be taken literally, I think it's just symbolically representing that Go Won is leaving her cocoon.

Now as for that feather? As I said I still don't know why she found it, but I do think it's a hint from BBC as to what's coming. There's obviously 2 more teasers coming and early discussion in the discord said that the next 2 teasers will reveal some hidden secret from the past(like the running girl in Girl Front) but I don't think it's necessarily a subunit thing.

Remember how I mentioned that Haseul, Kim Lip, and Yves seem to have gotten haircuts? You see where I'm getting at here? I think the next two teasers are going to be about Kim Lip and Yves. Go Won is probably going to end up in the same location that Eclipse takes place and she'll either find a pair of Chuck Taylors, a backpack or the chair that Lip sits on. I personally think it's the chair coz Go Won was crowned a queen and that chair made Lip look very queen-like. As for Yves, continuing the queen theme... what do royalty always do? They always look down to their people, and in Yves' MV, you only see Yves in high places looking down towards the camera.

Anyway, TL;DR: the LOONA XX era is probably going to rewind the LOONAverse and introduce new subunits, the Loona leaders are actually evil(Haseul, Kim Lip, and Yves) and Go Won is here to save the day by using the butterfly effect.

Also if you read all that and nothing made sense, don't worry... as I said, nothing makes any sense right now. It's all speculation and random fan theories... but this is one of the fun parts of following LOONA. These theories, the lore... it only really adds up to the enjoyment you can get from following the group. So as the kids say, Stan Loona.

But hey, that's just a theory. A LOONA THEORY! THANKS FOR READING!

In all seriousness, I've been talking loona theory stuffs with some orbits on twitter. It's damn fun talking about it. Now I can see why you're enjoying it the past year. It's addicting as hell!

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
End of an era with Girl's Day disbanding. Probably my favorite group. 😭 Sad they couldn't find time to get a final song out, but they probably couldn't work it out with their busy schedules.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

JMkI6eu.gif

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Tinashe "Me So Bad" Mirror Dance by Nature (네이처)

Man... Nothing Lasts Forever is such a classic.*

Rather than feeling sad that Girl's Day is coming to an end, I feel like I want to congratulate the members for fighting against the odds and ultimately coming out on top. Looking back at their career trajectory, it's kind of amazing to think that they were stuck in nugu hell for so long, then Jihae left and the group's popularity soared on the back of a really strong run of title tracks.

Good job GsD!

It's great that they're still close too.

*After all these years, I'm still curious to know why Sojin was replaced by a backup dancer for some shots in that MV. Presumably she injured herself on set or something, who knows...

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
If a group like G-Idle is being succesful, we can actually discard the name being any influence to the success of a group. CLC had a weak debut and an all over the place concept hopping. Some of them are pretty and hot but their personalities don't pop out at first glance.

It's sad that they are flopping, but I'm not surprised.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
If a group like G-Idle is being succesful, we can actually discard the name being any influence to the success of a group. CLC had a weak debut and an all over the place concept hopping. Some of them are pretty and hot but their personalities don't pop out at first glance.

But g idle's name is pretty iconic. It is a pun to g idol (can be a reference grand idol, girl idol, greatest idol, you name it). The alphabet G is also pretty iconic itself because some singers use that alphabet like G-Sleazy. While clc.... i cannot relate with that name... like what is clc? What does it stand? Why are there too many consonants instead of combination of vocals and consonants (like AoA, or BoA, or Zia)?

It is still of course a theory, but if i were still in college i think i would have already done this research. What i am to say is i wonder if names (or maybe brand) can actually affect people's subconsciousn in a way that we do not realize

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
But g idle's name is pretty iconic. It is a pun to g idol (can be a reference grand idol, girl idol, greatest idol, you name it). The alphabet G is also pretty iconic itself because some singers use that alphabet like G-Sleazy. While clc.... i cannot relate with that name... like what is clc? What does it stand? Why are there too many consonants instead of combination of vocals and consonants (like AoA, or BoA, or Zia)?

It is still of course a theory, but if i were still in college i think i would have already done this research. What i am to say is i wonder if names (or maybe brand) can actually affect people's subconsciousn in a way that we do not realize
(G)-Idle is a dumb overcomplicated name with the parenthesis, the G is silent in the korean spelling (or is it in the english one?) And they even skip that sometimes. It's the first time I see anyone saying they like that name.

It would have been fine just as Idle, IMO, but kpop names gotta kpop names.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
She keeps winning:

Maybe she'll stick with this sound now. I don't follow numbers, but this seems like her most successful promotion cycle. Just because she's winning now.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
While clc.... i cannot relate with that name... like what is clc? What does it stand? Why are there too many consonants instead of combination of vocals and consonants (like AoA, or BoA, or Zia)?
It stands for Crystal Clear, like their voices, makes sense and I don't see the problem tbh.

Bo-ah is her name and AoA make to make too many sexy concepts to be angels. Haha I know what people mean talking about CLC, but boa could be the snake, aoa is a variation of lol? We even had ioi coming from P101... Hey it's no WekiMeki at least.
(G)-Idle is a dumb overcomplicated name with the parenthesis, the G is silent in the korean spelling (or is it in the english one?) And they even skip that sometimes. It's the first time I see anyone saying they like that name.

It would have been fine just as Idle, IMO, but kpop names gotta kpop names.
Yeah it always sounds like, they just make bracket symbol with their fingers and say idol.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
She is killing it in the digital charts, she has been locked at #2 on the daily melon charts since release.
That's good to hear. It's a great song/video. Probably one of the best solo releases in awhile. I'm glad it came out this year and not at the end of 2018. It would've messed my rankings up 😂

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, their most popular concept is too similar to (G)Idle now so any other song like Hobgoblin should and likely will go to them instead. I still am rooting for them and donated to that Cafe thing but I recognize it all is futile at this point. Hope to be proven wrong though...

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Sunrise sound like another hard crazy ass choreography, Can't wait for the Queen of Synchronization to prove once again why they are the best dance girl group ^_^

Last edited:

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, their most popular concept is too similar to (G)Idle now so any other song like Hobgoblin should and likely will go to them instead. I still am rooting for them and donated to that Cafe thing but I recognize it all is futile at this point. Hope to be proven wrong though...
If they can I think they should just combine CLC&(G)Idle together. Anyways in my opinion I don't think CLC and (G)Idle are similar thou they maybe 4minutes successor but one is half and the other is the other half of 4minutes concept.

CLC

(G)Idle

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Just recently discovered this song (I'm familiar with Eyedi from Vlive, I just never listened to her stuff). Came out like a month ago and has less than 100k views, but it's great:

Status
Not open for further replies.