• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
They should've performed Forever Young instead of Doo Doo.

Doo Doo is too K-Pop and doesn't really feel like top 40 radio material IMO whereas Forever Young is.

Also somebody please tell YG to feed Rose a burger or two while they're here... girl is starting to look like Skeletor and that ain't a good thing.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I mean DDDD already hit 55 on Billboard so it's understandable why they went with it but I do wish they went with a song with more dynamic choreo.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Forever Young is an offbrand Krewella track.

That sound is very much not top 40. At least not current top 40

Maybe 4-5 years back

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
To y'all saying Really Bad Boy isn't a bop, I totally get where the sentiment stems from. The thing is, the song is just so insanely fun. It's not about quality or impressive vocals, it's just fun. The quasi-whistle notes, Yeri actually slaying the choreography, Irene's screams, the OMG line... everything adds up at the end and makes it an absolutely memorable song.

When it clicks, it just does.

And congratulations to CLC. I'm a huge fan of No and the parent mini album. I'm happy for them.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To y'all saying Really Bad Boy isn't a bop, I totally get where the sentiment stems from. The thing is, the song is just so insanely fun. It's not about quality or impressive vocals, it's just fun. The quasi-whistle notes, Yeri actually slaying the choreography, Irene's screams, the OMG line... everything adds up at the end and makes it an absolutely memorable song.

When it clicks, it just does.

And congratulations to CLC. I'm a huge fan of No and the parent mini album. I'm happy for them.
6YlFKxx.gif

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OMG for real? I am so happy!
Special video for The Show too?

We finally got to see their tears of happiness!

Don't know if Itzy members can't sing or if those are just two bad songs. They got YT views or their side at least, look good, dance as well. Hope they can mature as Twice did.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think its their voices.

With Dalla Dalla, there's an argument for the beat and song structure holding them back.

Want It though?

That beat/melody is default generic. Like anybody could make that listenable. Their voices ruin that song, straight up.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We buried Itzy already tho. Let them resurrect with their next release. /we are joking, wish there would be something nice to say too. Parts of the song are growing on me slowly.

(Is the no !?*§ service to upload gifs without those massive borders or quality downgrade?)

Gugudan manganed that concept fine with Not That Type because they are all great vocalists, CLC has been doing it great since Hobgoblin, but Itzy failed to deliver so far.

Itzy gonna do well regardless. Too big to fail.
Of course they are, just look at TWICE and they can coast on all the JYP hype for a while without doing anything worthwhile. Got7 is great, Day6, Suzy and Yubin as well.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm conflicted. I try to ignore new groups from the big three because I feel like a basic bitch for liking them automatically like everyone else just because they're from a big company. It took me awhile to come around to Twice and I still don't really fuck with Black Pink. But I like Itzy for some reason.

But yeah, I'm so happy for CLC. I'll always cheer for the underdogs!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm conflicted. I try to ignore new groups from the big three because I feel like a basic bitch for liking them automatically like everyone else just because they're from a big company. It took me awhile to come around to Twice and I still don't really fuck with Black Pink. But I like Itzy for some reason.

But yeah, I'm so happy for CLC. I'll always cheer for the underdogs!

Nothing wrong with liking the Big 3 (I love RV and BP). Twice is catchy. Itzy might be good next time. I tend to enjoy the infusion of English lyrics in the chorus a lot and the Big 3 just happen to do that more often than the smaller groups.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with liking the Big 3 (I love RV and BP). Twice is catchy. Itzy might be good next time. I tend to enjoy the infusion of English lyrics in the chorus a lot and the Big 3 just happen to do that more often than the smaller groups.
I worded that poorly.

Nothing is wrong with liking groups from the Big Three. I meant, a lot of these groups get instant "Stans", win awards out the gate, and get a crazy amount of views, etc. And sometimes it feels undeserved. Like it's not happening because they have a great song, or because they're super talented, but because everyone just jumps on everything coming from the Big Three. So I tend to wait until they prove themselves to me (with good songs) before I jump on the bandwagon.

There's no right way to do it. It's just something I started to do after being on OneHallyu and listening to all the dumb company stans prop up new groups from big companies while calling other ones "nugus" and acting like the big three just had more talented idols. You could take some "mid-tier" idols and debut them in a JYP, YG, or SM group and they'd automatically blow up lol.

I think it takes a lot of luck to debut with the big three. Like when I look at their idols I don't think they're better/harder working than ones from no name companies.

Idk. I'm not speaking against them or anything. Just thinking out loud.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yea I get what you mean. I browsed onehallyu before, along with allkpop, and I couldn't deal with all the stanning and company loyalty shit going around. Red Velvet took a few tries for me to warm up to. Everything clicked for me after they released Ice Cream Cake/Automatic.

The big three get a lot more exposure too. I'm finally watching BP House and it's great to see another side of them off-stage. Gives them a little more humanity instead of being this untouchable idol figure, and through that, I enjoy their performances/music more.

I also watch RV on Idol Room/Weekly Idol when I get a chance because I love their dynamic.

I'm getting into smaller groups more now too because of this thread. I look forward to Loona, G(I)DLE, CLC, IZONE, etc.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
So none of the Itzy members were born before the year 2000 and the youngest one was born in 2003.

I feel so old 😭

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also somebody please tell YG to feed Rose a burger or two while they're here... girl is starting to look like Skeletor and that ain't a good thing.
Looked like she nearly stumbled at one point during the choreo, I really want to see them gain weight. Lisa got to wear baggy because she got no but to speak off. :p Just watched gugudans Wonderland debut stage and everybody looked so healthy back then, now it looks like everybody lost like 10kg.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Looked like she nearly stumbled at one point during the choreo, I really want to see them gain weight. Lisa got to wear baggy because she got no but to speak off. :p Just watched gugudans Wonderland debut stage and everybody looked so healthy back then, now it looks like everybody lost like 10kg.
Same. I hate to bring up weight because I don't want to seem like I'm skinny shaming, but some of these idols don't look healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.