• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Boy group stans must be sweating with all these idols getting kicked to the curb.

I feel awful for the uninvolved group members and those who were mistreated.
Or they can be like me and join Girl Group only stan, I think people should go on a boy group kpop hiatus for now.

Some video footage came up of Lee jonghyun sexually harrassing Yoona and Hyejeong.
I watched that long time ago thinking Yoona looked so uncomfortable and hugging Wendy. Poor Yoona T_T

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
OK back to posting some of my Korea pickups. I got myself this:

ZliJkmml.jpg

no idea what it is... saw it in Myeong Dong underground and just bought it on a whim coz I actually do love this song.

it's a very nicely packaged single, also includes The Shadow, and a DVD with MV and making of both, along with some letters as the package imitates a letter.

0leXgPNl.jpg

I think it's a Japanese single though? One of the letters is in Japanese, the record label on the package reads Avex Trax, and it comes with a freakin DVD which only Japan does and still does!

like I pre-ordered the version of EXID's japanese album that comes with a DVD. Japan needs to embrace youtube, maybe then their music would be more popular in the west >_<

speaking of Only One, some trivia for ya. I watched this video a ton coz I live the choreo and studied it a lot.

there's only one asian-asian dancer in the video (the rest of the dancers look foreign, including the asians), the blonde one with glasses.

I think he's the actual choreographer? he's a former member of the best SM boy band that never was... Black Beat!

I had high hopes for this group, but their one album was not so great, then they disappeared forever.

SM was in a strange place after all their all stars began to leave (HOT, SES, Shinhwa). They really putout a lot of random groups and artists, and I think they finally hit their mark again with DBSK, Super Junior, and CSJH The Gracelol, I always wanted to name a dog Battletoad, but mine doesnt look like a Battletoad. Also, Battletoads have recently crept back into the gaming consciousness over the past few years so it wouldnt be as funny anymore :(

I'm actually leaning towards naming him YeolGi (9) after the Loona song lol. At least including a random number in the name would make it sound as ridiculous as I would hope :p

Yeah, that is one of the versions of the japanese single. It looks quite good.

The Only One choreo was done by US based coreographer Nappytabs, that also did the I Got a Boy choreo and choreographed that NA dancing movie were BoA was the protagonist.

And yeah, japan with their short versions...

Sometimes the full version finds its way to youtube legally months after it has been released, we'll see.

To tie all this post together and add a throwback, that song was produced by one of the guys from m-flo

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Whats the list of Kpop stars involved in the scandal? only ones that i know of are Seungri and
Jung Joon-young
The full list

In the group chat:

Seungri (formerly of BIGBANG)
Jung Joon Young
Choi Jonghoon (formerly of FTISLAND)
Yoo In Suk, also known as Mr. Yoo, former CEO of Yuri Holdings
Mr. Kim, former club MD
A relative of a girl group member (referred to as Mr. A)
An unnamed former employee at YG Entertainment (referred to as Mr. B)
A friend of Jung Joon Young's, who appeared with him on a travel program (referred to as Mr. C)

Mr. A was formerly identified as Kwon Yuri's brother but has since been removed

Not in the group chat but has been a part of the situation

Lee Jonghyun(CNBlue)
Yong Junghyun(Formerly of Highlight/Beast)

Lee Jonghyun supposedly has his own separate group chat which involves other idols. Notably a member of a FAMOUS boy group.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Mamamoo have rebounded smartly from what seemed like a slump and an impression that they were lesser versions of their earlier self. Both Hwasa's current hit and the new group single latch on to international sounds that have hit big in Korea (remember 'Havana's wild success in Korea) in a way that Mamamoo can do, as vocal / sassy pop-based idols, and other idol groups couldn't . It's a good fit for them and allows them their own space in the k-pop scene.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Guess that explains why over at RYM there's a dedicated fanbase trying to inflate the album's rating. Don't mind they did that, as someone not really following the scene it's the reason I even heard about its existence, and now I'm really enjoying it. For what it's worth I gladly talk about the album, it's definitely one of the most enjoyable pop releases I've heard in a while (not just Korean).

shotopunx

Nov 21, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I have always been a distant fan of K-Pop, but have just become obssessed with the Loona/Odd Eye Circle record. Is vanilla Loona stuff similar? Any other groups that people would people would reccomend in a similar style? Sorry, total noob here.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I have always been a distant fan of K-Pop, but have just become obssessed with the Loona/Odd Eye Circle record. Is vanilla Loona stuff similar? Any other groups that people would people would reccomend in a similar style? Sorry, total noob here.
The group stuff is kinda similar. If you like that you should like something like "Favorite". Just fire up the albums and listen to them.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
For now just stay away from stanning any boy groups unless they are 1st generation idols, But I would totally recommend Momoland because people say they are comparable.

Lee Jonghyun supposedly has his own separate group chat which involves other idols. Notably a member of a FAMOUS boy group.
Oh God, You have got to be kidding me smh

Last edited:

Neol

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe some of the later stuff of f(x)? Would also say Red Velvet overlaps to some degree and is overall a safe choice.

If interested in some solo stuff then Sunmi and Yubin aren't too off the mark either.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Misogynist commentary and numerous accumulated infractions
EXID.

What a slay.

Why are they so much more talented and beautiful than all the other sex dolls who look and sound like they fell off the back of a truck in transit to Incheon and were repurposed to make fat men money?

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON HYOYEON

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Just heard monogram's "Space Travel" for the first time and can't believe I missed it last year. Damn good.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
This autoplayed after Park Bom's new song. Never heard of it before but I've listened to it a few times now. Weirdly catchy. Only has 150k views.

DALsooobin - Katchup

Edit: Ohh, just Googled it. She's from Dalshabet, probably should've guessed. Both from the name and from people sleeping on the track.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like we haven't heard it, you're just late to the party. She's a great singer, but it's not a good production as her previous titles.
Lol, my bad, didn't see it posted (the sleeping comment was referring to the viewcount, heh). It might not be as good as her previous titles but I dunno, one of my favourite songs in the last few weeks.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
The song is so indistinguishable Subin, but yeah, seems like the reduced budget hurt a bit its potential.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that is one of the versions of the japanese single. It looks quite good.

The Only One choreo was done by US based coreographer Nappytabs, that also did the I Got a Boy choreo and choreographed that NA dancing movie were BoA was the protagonist.

And yeah, japan with their short versions...

Sometimes the full version finds its way to youtube legally months after it has been released, we'll see.

To tie all this post together and add a throwback, that song was produced by one of the guys from m-flo

oh yeah! Make Your Move! I love that movie lol, it's so cheesy but so adorable!!! FWIW, I also absolutely love the Step Up series :p

yeah those Nappytabs are quite popular, didnt know they did the choreo so I just assumed, but dude from Black Beat (JaeWon) has been working with SM for a while I think? I thought he was a staff choreographer... maybe just a dance trainer or something... I think even BoA is on payroll for being a vocal trainer??

and speaking of jpop, I actually have this thing where I completely ignore korean artists in Japan, so even though I listen to BoA I have no idea what her Japanese output is like outside of a few songs like Listen to My Heart. I don't think I've ever heard a single japanese BTS song lol.
Exid better come to the US
oh gosh yes, and do a real show, not some stupid 3 song KCON performance.

We need someting like this where the entire crowd is singing along to one of their non-single songs:

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah! Make Your Move! I love that movie lol, it's so cheesy but so adorable!!! FWIW, I also absolutely love the Step Up series :p

yeah those Nappytabs are quite popular, didnt know they did the choreo so I just assumed, but dude from Black Beat (JaeWon) has been working with SM for a while I think? I thought he was a staff choreographer... maybe just a dance trainer or something... I think even BoA is on payroll for being a vocal trainer??

and speaking of jpop, I actually have this thing where I completely ignore korean artists in Japan, so even though I listen to BoA I have no idea what her Japanese output is like outside of a few songs like Listen to My Heart. I don't think I've ever heard a single japanese BTS song lol.
I love Make Your Move (and yeah, I also love the Step Up Movies, lol)
And you are missing out on godtier jpop releases by korean artists.

(That full album is great)

(Their full japanese album is excellent)

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
reposting N.E.X.T (Shin Hae Chul)oldies:
two very beautiful songs =)

When Our Lives Are Almost Over

The Dream of a freshwater eel

Oct 27, 2017
This has been a year of songs slowly growing on me when I go back to revisit them weeks later. Currently listening to Chungha - Gotta Go and Gfriend - Sunrise on repeat

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Taeyeon is coming back with a single album on the 24th

Blackpink is coming back with an EP at the end of march

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

They haven't even recorded the MV yet. YG is rushing them too much to cover up his shit.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
I went to the Tiffany concert last nite anyways lol. went against my better judgement and just decided to leave my new puppy home alone... dude was by himself for a solid 5+ hours, barricaded in my hallway with some food and a lot of toys :p

poor guy.

anywayz, I ended up leaving early due to the stress of that, and what I did get to see I was glad for and definitely felt it made my attendance worth it.

however I did miss the special guest at the end!!!

but seriously, if you just search "Tiffany Troubadour" on youtube, someone seriously uploaded the entire show lol!!!

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
I went to the Tiffany concert last nite anyways lol. went against my better judgement and just decided to leave my new puppy home alone... dude was by himself for a solid 5+ hours, barricaded in my hallway with some food and a lot of toys :p

poor guy.

anywayz, I ended up leaving early due to the stress of that, and what I did get to see I was glad for and definitely felt it made my attendance worth it.

however I did miss the special guest at the end!!!

but seriously, if you just search "Tiffany Troubadour" on youtube, someone seriously uploaded the entire show lol!!!

This was amazing, What dogs loves are bone treats and big ones. If you ever leave them him/her alone then get him/her a giant bone treat next time and he/she wouldn't notice your gone ^_^

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all should already know by now. I've said it time and time again--bops are all I care about since I'm a basic bitch. So this pleases me. The visuals, that bridge, everything really. There are a few rough parts, but this is still one of the better songs to come out this year (so far).

I mean, I wasn't expecting them to be this extra:

That's some 5th comeback type stuff, after a group has released a series of flops lol. So I think it's cool that they just started off with something so sensual out of the gate.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Also, y'all ready to sleep on DIA again?

This had to be a fun conversation between MBK and ST:

ST: What kind of song do you want?
MBK: T-ara on crack.
ST: Say no more. I got you.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all should already know by now. I've said it time and time again--bops are all I care about since I'm a basic bitch. So this pleases me. The visuals, that bridge, everything really. There are a few rough parts, but this is still one of the better songs to come out this year (so far).

I mean, I wasn't expecting them to be this extra:

That's some 5th comeback type stuff, after a group has released a series of flops lol. So I think it's cool that they just started off with something so sensual out of the gate.

I'm very impressed, sign me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.