• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Watched some clips of the Coachella performance and the girls looked like they were doing great. Speaking of solo performances, I watched a fancam of Jisoo doing a cover of Clarity and she killed it. I hope when they get to her solo they give her something that will let her belt and show off her voice.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
So, at BPs concert dates, will they only play an hour or so? They pretty much played all their songs in the hour at Coachella and that was with a couple of rest breaks cause that desert heat and all....

The reviews I've read were all positive so hopefully they will do more US dates in the future.. I only discovered K-Pop a few years ago and BP was the first group I've seen go from "thats a cool new group" to superstardom, so this type of reaction is awesome...

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
So, at BPs concert dates, will they only play an hour or so? They pretty much played all their songs in the hour at Coachella and that was with a couple of rest breaks cause that desert heat and all....

The reviews I've read were all positive so hopefully they will do more US dates in the future.. I only discovered K-Pop a few years ago and BP was the first group I've seen go from "thats a cool new group" to superstardom, so this type of reaction is awesome...
In their concerts they do covers and have solo stages too. Before this album the encore performances were repeated songs too, but I'm hoping they don't do these anymore since they have new songs now.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In their concerts they do covers and have solo stages too. Before this album the encore performances were repeated songs too, but I'm hoping they don't do these anymore since they have new songs now.
Even then, they are seriously lacking in repertoire. The ballad moment in Coachella last night was pretty painfully out of place too.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if their regular shows have about the same number of songs (plus maybe a solo cover or two), but even more band/video/talking breaks—for rest and outfit changes. That final stretch last night looked grueling! I'm guessing they were on a tight schedule.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It's #2 on the global Viral top 50. Kind of out of nowhere? Or did something happened?

I have no idea whatsoever, haven't heard anyone mentioning it in Brazil other than a friend sharing the charts on Instagram claiming that it was weird to see k-pop hitting #1 in Brazil. I wonder if it's Yuehua buying listeners like someone mentioned them buying views on YouTube.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Me too, and 4minute, which is way I don't really mess with Hyuna anymore cause when all that went down she barely acknowledged it on instagram like the other members did, and they all unfollowed her at the same time, which couldn't have been a coordinated effort on their part, so I think she blocked all of them. There was a Onehallyu thread that explained it all. It's clear that they felt betrayed by her in the beginning.
Feeling betrayed != Being betrayed

It's business, idols get thrown under the bus more often than not. Don't get blinded by the most successful ones.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling betrayed != Being betrayed

It's business, idols get thrown under the bus more often than not. Don't get blinded by the most successful ones.
That's why I said "felt". And yeah it's business, but most fans don't care about that cause a lot of these groups pretend to be best friends so it sucks when stuff like that happens. At least there are groups like Rainbow who are actually pretty "ride or die".

I read an interview years ago where Hyuna said she preferred being in a group over being solo. Which felt like a lie afterwards because--why not fight to keep them together? It's now clear that sticking with CUBE was the wrong choice cause they kicked her out for some dumb shit after everything she did for them.

But it is all business, I get that. The fans will still feel some kind of way, though lol.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's gonna be interesting to see how different Fancy truly is to their previous releases. And personally I already feel like the change to a more mature vibe already started with Dance The Night Away and Yes Or Yes, those songs and everything around it definitely weren't as cute as the releases before that in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be interesting to see how different Fancy truly is to their previous releases. And personally I already feel like the change to a more mature vibe already started with Dance The Night Away and Yes Or Yes, those songs and everything around it definitely weren't as cute as the releases before that in my opinion.

Eh? DTNA and YoY were reversions back to cute stuff after the babysteps they took away from it with Signal and Likey.

Edit: to clarify, continuations of Heartshaker's post Signal/Likey reversion.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
More Taengoo!

Gave BTS' new album a few more listens, and I really dig Home and Dionysus. The latter goes hard and should be very fun live.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on my K-pop since late last year.

- Love the new BTS song
- CLC got their first win!
- 'Senorita' is fire.
- Why does Momoland only have 7 members now?
- What happened to Pristin?

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
not a pickup from Korea, but I got these over the weekend from local kpop shop (Kpop Republic)

56764772_2281960192043650_9202827526935766234_n.jpg

gotta love that store pickup option!

Heize is real dope! I think I'd like to try to pick up all her albums.

BNlKvXNm.jpg

Never Mind!!!

I already paid $100 for a copy of Max and Match,

trying to get copies of Sunmi's Full Moon or Gashina single, EXID's Hippity Hop, anything from Ha:tfelt...

when did so many physical kpop records get so out of print, rare, and expensive?!?!

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for Twice, that teaser sounds great.

Monogram so dreamy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

Somin is stunning in this. DSP should go a step furter and give us solo versions.

But how many of these are "real views"? Aren't there like tens of thousands of "fans" who use browser scripts/bots and repeat the video for 24hours straight, for days/weeks? There are even threads of kpop boards on how to use the bots/scripts most efficiently. Not sure if this is the right way to go...
Yeah, MV views are becoming less and less relevant with the way people abuse the systems. Seems like a fandom dick measurment contest.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Eh? DTNA and YoY were reversions back to cute stuff after the babysteps they took away from it with Signal and Likey.

Edit: to clarify, continuations of Heartshaker's post Signal/Likey reversion.
Hard disagree.

But how many of these are "real views"? Aren't there like tens of thousands of "fans" who use browser scripts/bots and repeat the video for 24hours straight, for days/weeks? There are even threads of kpop boards on how to use the bots/scripts most efficiently. Not sure if this is the right way to go...
YouTube is supposed to filter those out, they even removed like a massive 10mil from BTS' recent M/V, that shit was trending worldwide.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Take thea views from the 5th day and divide it through 1/20-1/50 and you get the right amount.

SushiMassage

Banned
Apr 5, 2019
Yeah, MV views are becoming less and less relevant with the way people abuse the systems. Seems like a fandom dick measurment contest.

I agree, I also find it a bit cringy that all those fans feel proud of their achievements later on "most viewed song in 24hours", when so much of it is fake and artificial. While I love Kpop myself, some things of everything around it, like this is a bit creepy, its like a cult.

SushiMassage

Banned
Apr 5, 2019
I finally finished the new BTS album....

While the title song is a 7/10, all other songs are FILLER.

Are people really letting them get away with this after that long break?

source.gif

Last edited:

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Hwasa's Twit was being played at my local H&M today. Not the kpop artist I thought would be the first one I heard played in Sweden. But I love Hwasa so all good with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.