• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I loved everything about it except the chorus, but I'm sure I'll end up liking it after a few more listens. The beat is so good.

Chae fans should be happy. She could get 8th place this year.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Fancy was meh. Don't think the concept fit the song and lyrics. This song from their new album is an absolute banger though!

Oct 27, 2017
Fancy was pretty underwhelming. This MV might be one of the weakest in their repertoire as well, even though there was a bigger gap between singles than we are used to.

Hey at least the outfits are nice

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Signal fucking sucked. What an unnecessarily low bar to set. It's their best since Likey obviously. I really like the song, but still a little disappointed. From the teasers it sounded like it could dethrone one of Like a Fool, Like Ooh Ahh and Likey, but it's not quite that good. The pre-chorus with Sana and Tzuyu really does a lot to drag the song down.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Encourage everyone to listen to the b-sides.

Think this is the only time where I enjoyed more then 3 songs of a Twice album lol

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the new Twice song. The pre-chorus is a bit weird but everything else is great. I'm glad that main beat they presented in the teaser was present through the song and not a bait and switch.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The album is actually pretty good. I normally think their albums suck, but they did a fine job with this one.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
FANCY is already up to nearly 25m views. While i'm happy for them, it makes me wonder if Youtube is going to start to crack down on the view boosting that's so prevalent with Kpop videos.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not really KPop, but just had a run-in with Korean call centre customer service and it's a WORLD of difference (not good or bad). Anyways, carry on.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Twice 'Signal' has been one of their better songs since the day it released.
It was their first single to not only breakup the standard Twice song structure they had been using at the time, but also re-ordered which members sang when (a lot of group s get formulaic with vocal transitions).

'Fancy' has some strong points and I like it for the most part, though it would have been nice to see them explore a bit more. It's a good sign of the group moving away from their normal mold. Fans complained about 'Signal' just like fans complained about Gfriend 'Fingertip.' Hopefully this is better received so Twice's development won't be so stifled in the future.

993E164C5CB9C7530F

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Think their agency worked hard to quiet down everyone, was a huge news in Japan at the time though, but now nothing.
Their agency released an apology for the issue, but the situation kinda fell apart when it was revealed that the scandal was brought up some japanese right wing extremist trying to levy support to screw Korea over their WW2 war crimes. Thw qccompanying death threats qnd attempted attacks on their fan meetings basically evaporated any support

So it never got the pushback cause most of East and South East Asia was like "fuck y'all" to japan given the political climate at the time.
Thanks. Never helps when you have people like Abe Shinzo and other public figures outright denying the atrocities that took place.

Still seems a lot of BTS/Jimin fans did their best to ignore this, but yeah

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
This new girl group called Ho1iday took me by surprise.

Very solid song and stage. 2 of the girls are ex-myB members, 1 of them is an ex-Mixx member. Their debut song is produced by Cosmic Girl, ex-Rania member.

No MV yet, but hopefully is in the works of they gain some traction to get one of for their next release.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
There's this skincare YouTuber that starts his videos with LOONA ODD EYE CIRCLE's Girl Front intro... Everytime, I just close his videos and watch Girl Front because it reminds me of how great that one is.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's this skincare YouTuber that starts his videos with LOONA ODD EYE CIRCLE's Girl Front intro... Everytime, I just close his videos and watch Girl Front because it reminds me of how great that one is.
Girl Front is apex pop. Just immaculate bubblegum. Rather unbalanced how OEC cicle got the cream of the crop even in terms of solos too.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
This K-Pop global group project seems to be lacking in representation. We'll see how this experiment works out.

UHSN [Teaser] 10개국에서 온 10명의 소녀들, 5월 유학소녀가 찾아옵니다! 190516 EP.0

VERIVERY - 딱 잘라서 말해 (From Now) MV

I really like this. I think this is their most well-rounded comeback yet, song, choreo, visuals all fit perfectly the group.
Yeah it's good all around. I've gotten over the initial letdown of the chorus being overly safe and sounding too much like their other songs.

Even for people who don't like 'Fancy' they have to be real about the quality and consistency of the choreo, and Twice's group-wide execution of it.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking Dahyun's hair in the dance practice. Their new song is alright, it kind of gets better with more listens. Good visual on the m/v

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
They need to just end the group already cause they're never coming back.

Anyway, I'm feeling nostalgic today:

Still one of my all time favorites and no group has even come close to perfectly replicating their sound/look. But I wish more would try.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Talking of dead(?) groups, Pristin's Xiyeon and Eunwoo opened up Instagram accounts in the last day or so. Kyla started one a couple of weeks ago.

It's nice to see some activity from them but overall I feel like this doesn't bode well.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for good idols getting wrapped up with bad companies. Imagine thinking your life is about to change, to finally reach your goal, only to be benched a year in and left to rot in a 7 year contract.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
IIRC, Pristin has some of the strongest across the board singing talent for a mainstream group since WJSN. Better than Izone, for one.

Pristin V promotions were great and I'm glad Kyla seems to still be healthy, but Pledis gonna Pledis...

The Barberettes - DDU-DU DDU-DU (BLACKPINK)

스바스바 SBSB - IDOL (방탄소년단 BTS) [SBSB = Sweet Sorrow X The Barberettes]

[TWICE - FANCY] Comeback Stage | M COUNTDOWN 190425 EP.616

[MPD직캠 4K] 트와이스 직캠 'FANCY' (TWICE FanCam) | @MCOUNTDOWN_2019.4.25

Status
Not open for further replies.