• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
YG really needs to step down. He has been one of the most problematic figures in the industry for awhile now, and when that Burning Sun scandal broke I figured he had to know something about it. Now YGE stocks are nosediving because of him.

Retire, scumbag!

Oct 25, 2017
I mean for YGE as a whole, they had a chance to disassociate themselves from him earlier, which would potentially limit their exposure to the blowback from recent developments. Instead they gave him a vote of confidence so now they are complicit in at least being supportive of him.

My 'ideal' outcome in this (of course the real ideal would have been YG and Seungri not being shitty people) is that the artists in YG who aren't involved in this can be distanced from the man himself as quickly as possible, but the board failed at their first chance to do that.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on media blackout for CLC.

I can understand concerns that fans too often blame agencies for everything they are unhappy about. Still we have an extensive history of companies being genuinely terrible in a range of ways. It's funny, sometimes people complain about agencies like DSP, forgetting that you have truly awful companies like Pledis, CCM/MBK, TS and others.

Then you have YG, the person. Leaving aside all the questionable things he has said and done over the years, let's always remember he is this close to being a child predator, having taken an interest in his current wife while she was still a minor. YG intentionally let her K-Pop group fail at the same time he was grooming her. And no, not "grooming" in a marriage sense.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
In sad, but more positive news:

goohara.png

Fortunately for her, her manager has reportedly been keeping a close watch on her as he revealed the actress was battling depression. When the actress did not answer her phone, her manager rushed over to her house and discovered her lying unconscious inside a smoke-filled room. She was rushed to the hospital just in time, and has recently regained consciousness.

She stated:

"I apologize to everyone for causing them to be worried. I will do my best to be healthy from now on."

Goo Hara has also talked about why she attempted to take her own life.

The actress stated:

"So many things were happening in my life, all at the same time. I am truly sorry. I will show a brighter and healthier side of myself."

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
How on Earth is someone hiring a prostitute even qualify as a scandal in Korea? Having lived there a year, I have never seen a country so oversaturated with open access to prostitution before. Clearly it is common, is everyone just pretending to be shocked or what?

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeri looks so cute and sounds good!

How on Earth is someone hiring a prostitute even qualify as a scandal in Korea? Having lived there a year, I have never seen a country so oversaturated with open access to prostitution before. Clearly it is common, is everyone just pretending to be shocked or what?
It's still considered illegal.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see TaeTiSeo together again.

I totally see where you're coming from but I suppose in this case, the difference is the scale and the frequency of the prostitution mediation, the motive behind it, the status of those involved and the fact that all this is just one small part of the colossal shitshow that is Burning Sun.

If it had just been one person hiring one prostitute, I doubt anyone would have batted an eyelid.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I totally see where you're coming from but I suppose in this case, the difference is the scale and the frequency of the prostitution mediation, the motive behind it, the status of those involved and the fact that all this is just one small part of the colossal shitshow that is Burning Sun.

If it had just been one person hiring one prostitute, I doubt anyone would have batted an eyelid.
To add to this, it's not just prostitution, there are also minors involved.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
To add to this, it's not just prostitution, there are also minors involved.

Snuff? Okay, can they send him to jail too? Fuck kicking him out of the company. I'm glad he's being exposed for this. Fucker basically groomed his wife and tanked her career, so none of this shocks me. And he's always treated women like shit. Like he'd call 2NE1 ugly.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

Really liking this group so far, they have the right amount of edginess, and they have good music to back it up.

The integration of the 1thek logo, tho... So ridiculous.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I always forget that Giant Pink is under SM, this is such a weird combination. The song is nice but nothing special either.

CLC's song is good, but not as good as I expected it to be. Still, I'll enjoy replaying it for sure.

Also, Hitchhiker being Hitchhiker as usual, and I love it:

Oct 27, 2017
CLC with another great song. Loved it on first listen

Not as good as No.

Giant Pink (whoever that is) and Yeri song is really good. Might have to check out GP more?

Last edited:

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it reminds me of Hate which isn't a bad thing for me. I feel Hate is 4minute's second best title track.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy, Hate and Watcha Doin Today are my three favorite 4minute songs. Honorable mention goes to Hot Issue and Volume Up.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
No 'What's Your Name'? For shame.
That has to be their worst single by a mile.

I always loved their earlier stuff, like Mirror Mirror, I my me mine, HUH. Their Brave Bros era was definitely not my thing (although is it poppin' is cute) and from their loud era I would go with Crazy rather than Hate, that I always found to gimmicky.

Oct 25, 2017
That has to be their worst single by a mile.

I always loved their earlier stuff, like Mirror Mirror, I my me mine, HUH. Their Brave Bros era was definitely not my thing (although is it poppin' is cute) and from their loud era I would go with Crazy rather than Hate, that I always found to gimmicky.

Funnily enough, I posted without listening to the song in a while but I remembered really liking it when I first heard it, which wasn't that long ago. But the I re-listened to it and, yeah, my memory of it was better than the reality. There's still stuff I like in it, but the stuff that annoyed me, like all the vocal effects really stood out more.

So scratch my previous post.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
greenbird Yeeun's hair is CLC's mascot. By itself, her hair dances harder than some other groups' members.

CLC - ME(美) | Performance video (5K) | MOVE REC

WayV 威神V '无翼而飞 (Take Off)' Dance Practice

GIANT PINK - Tuesday is better than Monday (Feat. YERI of Red Velvet) I NEARBY LIVE

Early 4Minute is great, while the Volume Up album had gems like the title song, 'Dream Racer' and 'I'm OK.'

How do you listen to 4Minute and not realise how crucial Gayoon and Jiyoon were to the group?

Simply K-Pop - 4minute(포미닛) _ I'm OK

Status
Not open for further replies.