• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
This group is really growing on me

They have a very classic feel and the music is good too

Is this the weakest Kpop-year in recent time? 9 out of 10 songs are generic and boring.
Youa re kind of a broken record. You already made a similar comment, explicitly told you how many cool songs have been released this year, you completely ignored it and now you double down.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I pray RV's comeback isn't another half-assed attempt to recapture the magic of Red Flavor. That WJSN preview sounds promising though.

I haven't watched korean shows in a while, but this one is so wholesome and adorable

latest

It's called the Gashinas, and it features 5 grannies that are learning how to write hangul wiht the help of idols. The cast is amazing at features some of my fave members from each group; G-Idle's Yuqi, Loona's Yves, WJSN Soobin and Weki Meki Yoojung (and a male idol actor). They stay in the villages the old ladies live and the interactions are so cute and heartwarming, the grannies are very quirky too. So far it's a 3 episode pilot series, but I hope it gets picked up to make it longer.

First 2 eps have been subbed

2nd ep

I really enjoyed that first episode. As you said, wholesome and adorable. It's even giving me some slight Invincible Youth vibes.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching a lot of live performances these days that could direct me to some good performances of SSFWL?

BoA deserves material much better than what she's been getting for the past few years from SM.
Aside from the aforementioned One Shot, Two shot, it hasn't even been 2 years since Camo. Wtf you talking about?

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Woman is one of BoA's strongest and most coherent albums, but the title track didn't do the album any favors. It's one of the weakest songs from the album.

I missed Red Velvet so much. I'll enjoy their next release even if it ends up being a mess.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
PRISTIN is dead, long live PRISTIN!

Also is proof enough that the girls actually got along together, since most of them are gonna redebut together. so that can't be the reason why they disbanded.
Happy Nayoung will get to debut again. For the 3rd time. Hey, guess 3rd time's the charm! I'm also sad because this means no Pinky anymore in the group (since she's still under Pledis) and she'll forever be stuck in China from now on and probably forever as a CF/pictorial model. What a waste of an amazing performer/idol, ugh.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Holy fuck, I'm floored by how so very good Urikiri is, wow. God-tier b-side there, this slaps hard, could have been title track material easily!

Overall very solid comeback from WJSN girlies, Boogie Up is super fun, sounds a bit like Twice met SISTAR. Felt a bit weird to see all their white as hell skins clashing so hard under the sun though. SISTAR's tanned skin always looked amazing during Summer comebacks, it's a shame Korea is so colorist to begin with, almost all of WJSN look like ghosts in the MV, it's a bit uncanny. The MV is still hella pretty though, and lovely. Overall I really like this comeback!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Also shameless plug, but Sunmi is the Lesbian Queen we need and deserve.

I want a feedback~~~ wan a feedback~~~ frommm youuu~~~uuu~~~~~

Since it doesn't show for me, and maybe other people:
(EDIT: okay for some reason my Privacy Badger Mozilla extension blocked Spotify entirely, oops)

Don't know why they thought releasing the album before the actual MV was a good idea, but there.
Pretty solid and fun song, even though I still love One Shot Two Shots more.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Boogie Up needed a better chorus. The verses are good and I love the bridge.

Fromis_9 song is really fun and I love the frentic energy it has.

BoA's song is great,but yeah,SM needs to hurry with the MV.

Edit: And here it is

Last edited:

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017

Also is proof enough that the girls actually got along together, since most of them are gonna redebut together. so that can't be the reason why they disbanded.
Happy Nayoung will get to debut again. For the 3rd time. Hey, guess 3rd time's the charm! I'm also sad because this means no Pinky anymore in the group (since she's still under Pledis) and she'll forever be stuck in China from now on and probably forever as a CF/pictorial model. What a waste of an amazing performer/idol, ugh.

It's a fucking Christmas miracle! Stone-Buddha will lead us to the promised land. Excited to see what the lineup will be. Definitely a noticeable step down vocally without Seungyeon and Yehana, but Eunwoo and Minky can hold the fort. Lost their visual too, but just more time for Minky to shine! Personally I'm hoping that Nayoung, Minkyung, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena and Xiyeon are all part of this. Kyla is welcome too, but I feel like 3 rappers are a lot for a 7 member group. I can also do without some of the drama that surrounded her (though she was the victim and 100% blameless). I've always been the most mellow on her addition since the beginning of Pledis Girlz. Nayoung, Minkyung, Eunwoo and Rena are key to me though.

READING FAIL EDIT: I just realised that they'll be joined by members of this new company. Interesting.

Holy fuck, I'm floored by how so very good Urikiri is, wow. God-tier b-side there, this slaps hard, could have been title track material easily!

Boogie is serviceable. This one though. It might be their best song. If we get any better songs than this one this summer, it'll be a good summer. Maybe RV will bestow upon us the 2nd coming of Red Flavorsus?

Last edited:

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Boa's new song is ok. Vocals are good and so is Nucksal's verse but the song feels overall too safe for me.

Really solid comeback from WJSN. Agree with you all that it has a hints of twice in it which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Kinda like how groovy the chorus is without it being too crazy unlike…

Fromis_9 chorus which kinda gives me anxiety lmao. That being said I do like the song alot and I think on successive listens it'll grow on me more. Another solid release to add to there other solid singles 👍

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Fromis_9's fun is a ride to be sure lol. I liked it despite it being too frantic at times.

Not a fan of the WJSN one though, at least on the first listens

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing reports that the story about Pristin might not be true after all. Fucking typical. There's no such thing as a miracle after all.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

That's what I was hoping for. No way several talented girls that trained for years and then performed for years would just leave the industry, no way a company wouldn't see the potential and secure those contracts. I'm really looking forward to Pristin 2.0.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I like WJSN's Boogie Up quite a bit. It's good to hear the group taking a break from their signature sound. It's also nice to hear a K-pop summer single that manages to avoid sounding hopelessly generic.

Fromis_9's track has its moments but I feel like that hook in the chorus isn't strong enough to be repeated quite as much as it is. The MV lives up to the song's name though.

I really hope this news of Pristin rising phoenix-like from the ashes is true. It's the very least they deserve.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
WJSN's mini album slaps!! Haven't liked them this much since their debut! What a nice surprise! Kinda feel like some Starship exec finally said "fuck it" and unleashed Sistar's ghost from the vault! Haven't heard summer k-pop tunes like this in awhile. Someone even dusted off the saxophone 😀

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

SUNMI NO! Still LGBT queen tho, I ain't mad.

Ugh, this hurts. I guess it was false indeed.

WJSN's mini album slaps!! Haven't liked them this much since their debut! What a nice surprise! Kinda feel like some Starship exec finally said "fuck it" and unleashed Sistar's ghost from the vault! Haven't heard summer k-pop tunes like this I awhile. Someone even dusted off the saxophone 😀

Honestly the current Kpop landscape lacks a SISTAR so damn much it hurts everytime Summer approaches. I'm happy with their album for the same reasons as you do!

Isn't about time we get at least a teaser from Somi?

No, because THEBLACKLABEL hates us all, apparently.
The only teaser we be getting are just CF pics being released by the brands she's working with. We're eating crumbs.
Funny how TBL went all out when it was time to promote Anda, but they're not even doing half of it for Somi, sigh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.