• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User Banned: (permanent) Racism and history defending bigotry
What a disaster the BoA MV, full of "multiculturalism" without reason, idk why the marketing think this kind of MV is good for the song, boring as hell looking this videos when all is force in that way.

We have the oportunity to see BoA dancing or maybe telling a "little story" but we get this template of "trending mv style", what a waste, i dont have any problem of MVs with people of differents countrys but with some background, this past 2-3 years a lot of artist are using that template and losing part of the charisma of the clasic MVs.

Look for example, in this same page we have Sappy of Red Velvet, with some similaritys in the "studio"...but the difference is huge, RV doing a great job showing the members all the song with that style....while we see BoA in middle of a group telling us nothing about the MV.

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The fuck are you on about?

Multiculturalism is not in any way a trend of MVs in Kpop.

ofc is not a trend in kpop, is a trend in the MV industry and a lot of MV in the kpop industry take that template.

Look for example Loona with Butterfly, why they need to show 20 different people around the world?

Look for example Mamamoo in go go bebe, why that party full of people around the world?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You gave two MVs.

That's not even remotely approaching a trend.

Especially in this year of all things.

I doubt you can name 5 mvs that do this 'multiculturalism' thing oyu're exposing from this year alone.

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You gave two MVs.

That's not even remotely approaching a trend.

Especially in this year of all things.

I doubt you can name 5 mvs that do this 'multiculturalism' thing oyu're exposing from this year alone.

Maybe you understand me wrong, im not saying all the kpop industry do this, im talking about some artist taking this "templates" of MVs, the trend is the template of the MV full of people of different countrys, no the trend in people using this template.

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Who cares? Like seriously, what's it fucking matter, who is in the background?

The problem is... the style, you can notice when a MV go with this kind of people behind no? if you can notice that "change" of style could be a problem for some people who dont want mixing things without reasons, i cant understand why they need to look for foreigners to dance behind in the MV, what kind of call/message they want to deliver? more globlalization?

You maybe think nobody cares this kind of things...but in fact this details breaking the scene are important in the industry, for good or bad.

In my opinion, for example in the Loona MV i rather would like more view of the singers than the others, in the Winner song "everyday" dont bother me so much because maybe the beach ambient look in general more outside of that korean vibe, but is a reality that this kind of changes have this trending behind of looking for a worldwide image, for me the kpop dont need that.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
JMkI6eu.gif

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
What a disaster the BoA MV, full of "multiculturalism" without reason, idk why the marketing think this kind of MV is good for the song, boring as hell looking this videos when all is force in that way.

We have the oportunity to see BoA dancing or maybe telling a "little story" but we get this template of "trending mv style", what a waste, i dont have any problem of MVs with people of differents countrys but with some background, this past 2-3 years a lot of artist are using that template and losing part of the charisma of the clasic MVs.

Look for example, in this same page we have Sappy of Red Velvet, with some similaritys in the "studio"...but the difference is huge, RV doing a great job showing the members all the song with that style....while we see BoA in middle of a group telling us nothing about the MV.
I... don't really get your point. Is showing a diverse set of cultures and people a bad thing now?

BoA is an international artist and as such, her MVs has a very international appeal. And she has been doing these kind of videos for a while already, and has nothing to do with the story or featuring dancing or not

Woman features a diverse set of races and ages, which seems quite fitting for a song about woman empowerment.
Jazzclub features a party scene in the US and also displays a wide arrange of races (as it should), and it has a storyline.
In Only One, her backup dancers also have different races and features some of the best choreographies kpop has ever delivered.

Feedback is a chill throwback song, with a chill throwback MV that fits it like a glove. The choreo is also very laidback and hardly the focus of the MV. Would you enjoy the MV more if she was hanging out with korean people in some CGI clouds?

Edit:

Also, you brought up 2 times Butterfly, and I recommend you to read this fragment from their video description:

Shot in Iceland, Paris, and Hong Kong, the teasers of [X X] started on first of January to unravel the stories behind the universe of LOOΠΔ. Under the slogan of 'For All LOOΠΔs Around the World,' it spread worldwide, to all LOOΠΔs of the world. LOOΠΔ causes a Butterfly effect through music for the listeners to gain courage, find oneself, and raise one's voice. Anyone under influence, is another LOOΠΔ. LOOΠΔ's visual director DIGIPEDI toured around 5 countries from 5 continents for LOOΠΔ's Butterfly effects to capture the freedom and courage of girl worldwide in the music video of 'Butterfly.'

Them being in the music videos and being diverse IS part of the message they want to send.

Last edited:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
. And she has been doing these kind of videos for a while already, and has nothing to do with the story or featuring dancing or not

You are in the wrong place here if "multiculturalism" is a problem for you. Watch performance videos if you need koreans only, and saying that especially for Loona who try to be open to all people! There are a millions other ways for you to ogle female bodies you perv.

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I... don't really get your point. Is showing a diverse set of cultures and people a bad thing now?

BoA is an international artist and as such, her MVs has a very international appeal. And she has been doing these kind of videos for a while already, and has nothing to do with the story or featuring dancing or not

Woman features a diverse set of races and ages, which seems quite fitting for a song about woman empowerment.
Jazzclub features a party scene in the US and also displays a wide arrange of races (as it should), and it has a storyline.
In Only One, her backup dancers also have different races and features some of the best choreographies kpop has ever delivered.

Feedback is a chill throwback song, with a chill throwback MV that fits it like a glove. The choreo is also very laidback and hardly the focus of the MV. Would you enjoy the MV more if she was hanging out with korean people?

I dont see a problem on show a diverse set of cultures...but for me the MV is forced in that message.

The Woman example is fine in the sense of deliver the "power of woman", thats the key of the MV, look how she have 4 korean males all the time with her in the important dance moves of the MV.
Jazzclub is like the Winner "everyday", they dont look for korean vibe with that, they use the American image and ofc that need people around the world, i dont see anything forced there.
In Only One, they are using a set of europe city(maybe) and thats is enought reason for me to understand why they use people of different cultures. (im with you in the best choreo, awesome job of BoA)

For me, the MV could be better without people laughing behind like retards, but i think korean people in general could help to maintain that korean vibe better than the "global" cast, we should agree that the message of the MV is weak in general, look the Nucksal rapping part...they show the member of the cast who look more like korean because if they dont do it that way and show for example a lot of the black guys...look wierd.

Is important understand every MV, not only the thing of "people around the world", look for example BoA in One Shot, Two Shot, they are using a Korean/Asian style with the guy and the train scene...you can expect asian dancers...thats what you get.

Look other artist like Hyolyn for example, she goes full "america" in some of the MVs...ofc the dancers are foreigners.

Look Jay Park when he goes in mode "korean lover", even in MV recorded in US, if they decided to use that korean vibe they use a lot of details to help that, while he goes full "american rapper" you can see how change the cast and the style of the girls he show in the MV for example.

Remember, i dont have problem with that, i want coherence and some reason behind, in the BoA MV i dont see anything to justify that "variety" of the cast.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Imagine the discourse of "forced" multiculturalism is an annoying trend in Kpop being the hill you wanna die on. I sure as hell can't relate.

Last edited:

brandonbrb

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Imagine the discourse of "forced" multiculturalism is an annoying trend in Kpop is the hill you wanna die on. I sure as hell can't relate.

The discourse isnt the forced multiculturalism, is the coherence and the style in the MV, dont take the conversation to that political side because nobody talk here about that.

I would like more the korean vibe in the MVs than the global style of MV that we can see in other country music, thats the real complain, because with the massification of the kpop we are losing some of that korean vibe with the companys trying to reach outside with that changes, in my opinion i dont like it, i want my clasic korean vibe of MV.

Not for all songs ofc, there are colabos or more open message song wich need that open-world cast.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
For me, the MV could be better without people laughing behind like retards, but i think korean people in general could help to maintain that korean vibe better than the "global" cast, we should agree that the message of the MV is weak in general, look the Nucksal rapping part...they show the member of the cast who look more like korean because if they dont do it that way and show for example a lot of the black guys...look wierd.
Calling the non-korean in the background retards will surely help make your point across.

Anyway, so you are telling me that in a MV where everyone is flying in some clouds, in a diverse set of impossible and artificial settings or just in front of computer graphics... having non-koreans is pulling you out of the traditionally korean MV experience™ ?

I could get your point if they were in some traditional korean house or wearing hanboks or whatever, but just saying that foreigners don't fit in that MV is straight up racist.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I gotta be honest, I think that Feedback MV is lame af but that has nothing to do with the diversity of the cast. Everything about it, from the sets to the CG looks incredibly cheap, and while I realise the director appears to be going for that kind of artificial vibe on purpose, I don't think they make it work at all. BoA deserves much better IMO.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I gotta be honest, I think that Feedback MV is lame af but that has nothing to do with the diversity of the cast. Everything about it, from the sets to the CG looks incredibly cheap, and while I realise the director appears to be going for that kind of artificial vibe on purpose, I don't think they make it work at all. BoA deserves much better IMO.

Nah, I feel the same way, the MV itself is... not it. I don't even know what was going through the stylist's head when they decided such unflattering ugly top was a right fit for BoA in the first place. That plus the post-processing felt lacking. There's basically a ton of things to criticize this MV for, but background actors not looking "Asian enough"? Nope.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow what a time to check in on the thread. My notifications weren't working again.

WJSN song is alright, same with Fromis, but neither jumped out much to me.

halvvapoori

Oct 25, 2017
Amsterdam
^I agree they were okay but nothing more than that... Hyolyn Summer Queen please save us 🙏🏼

Also this page gave me the perfect excuse to plug LOONA's Butterfly 🦋

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes you just wanna lose your posting privileges.

Dunno, this was funny.

Will Boa 'Only One' ever not be god level?

9949B33B5CF6588D1E

Verbatim.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Also this page gave me the perfect excuse to plug LOONA's Butterfly 🦋

The song is one of their best, and that MV is top tier. It was so damn refreshing, a lovely ode to women around the world. I know how important it was, to some Muslim friends, to see themselves in a Kpop MV, and it actually being positive representation? Not often you see hijabi women in mass media where they look just... normal? And are represented as normal and not as a tokenized oppressed minority like it often is the case in the West? This is the part of the MV that always brings a smile to my face, because I know how much joy it brought to so many women who need and deserve to have such representation.

don't believe this was posted yet except for the pic

Ok but I don't hate it? I actually quite love it. It's messy but it works.
I can see CL signing to 88rising, it definitely would be right up her alley. I like this music company a lot, they made me discover Yaeji that I enjoyed a lot during 2018. I know it doesn't really fit the Kpop/Kmusic scene since she's a Korean-American releasing electronic music in America, but in case people don't know about her here, and wanna discover her and her weird lovely music:

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
This is a fantastic collaboration.

Like, if you're going to collab with a Western artist, I need this level of integration. Let me feel that you got them together for longer than a 10 minute shoot.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
"Composed by Teddy"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Dunno why this shock at Teddy being the composer, like, duh? What did you expect, Black Eyed Pilseung?
It's Teddy's own company, own label, of course he was gonna have a hand in this, they said so from the beginning.

Personally am excited for this, Bekuh Boom is also there, and Somi herself is part of the composing team, I'm intrigued. Teddy can be a hit or miss with me, but if he serves anything close to Gashina/Heroine/Whistle, then I'll be more than good.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for Somi's debut. Hopefully everything goes well. Can't believe people are actually surprised about Teddy making the song though.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Butterfly is still my no.1 song and MV this year so far. Nothing tops it for me at the moment.

I just found out CHEEZE recently released a new album and MV. Will always listen to her songs to chill.

BTW, we doing our mid-year round up of favourite songs list this month? or next month?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

I start to doubt orbits are behind this, tbh. Not even stan twitter is this petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.