• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
DZEs4Y7.jpg

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet's poll will close next Sunday 18th, one day before their comeback. I wonder if the teasers will shake the rankings a bit and make people have 2nd thoughts about their ballots.

Poll link

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oddly enough, I like what I'm hearing from this Umpah teaser.

Also, this particular choreo move in ICY is my fave, and I'm always replaying Yuna dancing to it whenever I see it, so enjoy this compilation!

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Such a great song that will go ignored again because Weki Meki is cursed. Looks like they're tossing up their outfits from "Picky Picky". I wish more groups would do transitions between videos. Kinda like what Twice did with TT and Knock Knock.

Also, Red Velvet has earned a free pass from me. That song will be great, even if it sounds shitty at first. Honestly, it already sounds better than Zim,

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Zimzalabim grew on me and I definitely like it now, but I'd still rather something a tiny bit more conventional from them rn

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The album will contain a total of six tracks including the title track "Umpah Umpah," which is an uptempo dance track with a disco house rhythm. Through the lyrics that were inspired by the act of swimming, Red Velvet will playfully teach those who have fallen for their charms how to breathe and enjoy their time.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

My follow thread wasn't alerting me of all the latest posts again. MV is out!

This is everything I wanted this MV to be, and more. So fresh, so fun, so lovely and playful. I think this is hands down my fave song from them. Picky Picky was nice, but this feels more polished and stronger overall!

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Tiki Take is strong contender for song of the Summer. At least until Umpah Umpah releases

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Weki Meki is a great group. For me it's the best "summer" song and video, but not my favorite song to come out this summer. I still have to give that to Rocket Punch.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I've turned around on ICY after watching a channel analyze it. I didn't realize how much was going on in the song, like there are some piano notes that you can easily miss. I have a better appreciation for it. That said, the rest of that mini-album is not my taste.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Weki Meki song is pretty good. Probably my favorite they've done.

For my fellow Texans, they'll be performing here on October.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
BTS Announces Official Period Of Rest For Members

On the one hand, it's nice that a K-pop group is officially getting some time off for once. On the other hand, it's kinda tragic that
  1. this is their first extended break since 2013
  2. a press release is required to announce they're having a break
  3. their time off will only be brief anyway
Still, I guess it's progress.

Noooo. I just started listening to Kpop again this year. Hope they have a nice break.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Okay Queendom, you have my attention.

Unique stages is a good way to do that.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that will get them ROTY (for me) as long as the song is good. Music videos are important. BBC is a great song, but the MV makes it so much better. It's basically just performances, but the set design, costumes, and cinematography are all strong. And it looks like they've dialed thing up to 11, noticed that the dial was broken, then tossed it across the room.

I appreciate a cohesive vision.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I went back to Boogie Up recently and it's really grown on me. That and fromis_9's FUN! are my summer songs so far.

Everglow teaser sounds promising.

Weki Meki "Metronome" is underrated. Nothing revolutionary, but go play it. You'll like it.

Made my top 100 last year, first stand out song I heard from Weki Meki. This new track is pretty good too.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen anyone post this. Jinu's solo featuring Mino.

It's such a bop for me I'm like listening to it all day lol. So good.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Weki Meki's Metronome is a god-tier b-side track, the kind that makes you wonder "why isn't it a title track?".

Everglow's Adios teaser MV looks absolutely amazing, such a huge step up from the kinda cheap mess BBC looked like. Hopefully the step-up will also happen musically, but not much can be heard in that teaser so I can't hype much about it.

Boogie Up has grown on me and is a solid track tbh. I think so far, I'd say Tiki Taka, Bungee & Boogie Up are my Summer tracks.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
BBC didn't look cheap. It might not have cost as much as some videos, but everything about it seemed intentional. There's some great imagery in that MV.

It's kinda like some LOONA videos. They probably don't cost much, but their very artistic at times.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
BBC didn't look cheap. It might not have cost as much as some videos, but everything about it seemed intentional. There's some great imagery in that MV.

It's kinda like some LOONA videos. They probably don't cost much, but their very artistic at times.

I think the styling is what truly killed it for me. They looked like they tried to emulate RV's style, but without the talent of RV's stylist (when they are on a good day, I mean). And cheap clothes/fabrics. The directing was overall alright though, indeed. But yeah, that styling was rough.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, the BlackPink Kill This Love vibes cannot be ignored, except it doesn't sound as good as KTL so far. We'll see how it goes at release. The rest of the mini sounds nice enough.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hush sounds guaranteed good. The 3rd track has some nice elements, I want to see how it comes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.