• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Queendom was nice and sweet. Not much happened. Jopping is err... A bad version of EXO with one vocal and rapping. Good dancing though.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't disagree but it's not great either in my opinions lol. Yet again Side B tracks are better: SuperM - 2 Fast and No Manners are pretty good
The Super Junior song isn't bad, certainly better than Jopping. That's Kind of how I feel about the SuperM album itself is kind of meh for the level of talent they have in that group. Nothing really sticks with me in a way that I have to listen to that song again on the album and overall kind of forgettable.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SUJU's new song is nice.

Jopping though...nothing really stands out, and that's disappointing considering the talent they have. The MV is great however.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers of K-Pop, ehh? That song is trash as expected. Too many stars, company tried to go too hard, and fumbled.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
The Super Junior song isn't bad, certainly better than Jopping. That's Kind of how I feel about the SuperM album itself is kind of meh for the level of talent they have in that group. Nothing really sticks with me in a way that I have to listen to that song again on the album and overall kind of forgettable.
That's why I stated I don't disagree and also just my opinion of not being good lol. For me I thought SuperM is that next big boy group for SM with that lineup but man, So far it's no difference from when they we're in their original group in terms of concept. Nothing really feel fresh or new smh

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
2Fast and Super Car are great. 2Fast should've been the title track.
Either one of those songs would have been a better choice, imo 2Fast would have been my choice.

That's why I stated I don't disagree and also just my opinion of not being good lol. For me I thought SuperM is that next big boy group for SM with that lineup but man, So far it's no difference from when they we're in their original group in terms of concept. Nothing really feel fresh or new smh
Sorry now that I read what I wrote I worded it weird I was actually agreeing with you regarding those two statements lol. You're right though there isn't much new and imo it's just a weird album and for the talent in the group it really should be a stronger album.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Jopping is great, stay tasteless. Mark Lee stays as the king.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Super M just premiered Jopping

Not sure how I feel about it yet I'm gonna need a few more listens

I was deadass ready to hate it because of y'all's reaction to it in the thread but... I quite love it? It's messy, but the good kind of messy. But damn, the beat is so fucking hot during the verses, how anyone could hate on that is beyond me. I already replayed it so many times, wew!

Better release today than Jopping.

This is rather safe and boring, I don't even feel like replaying it. It's good still, but won't be part of my fave SuJu comebacks for sure.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Super M just premiered Jopping

Not sure how I feel about it yet I'm gonna need a few more listens

This song is weird because specifically in a live setting I think this song would be hype and amazing which is kinda what SM was framing with the MV. The choreo looks intense, the song has parts that the audience can clearly chant and sing along with and all the members have there key moments to shine so fans get there bias moments.

However take away all the smoke and mirrors and your left with a song that is just... ok. There are some parts I do like but as a whole the song doesn't really leave that much of an impression and doesn't seem that replay worthy.

So the big question I'm left with is who exactly is this marketed for? From what I was seeing this was suppose to be the SM supergroup to break out in the US and bring an allegiance of new fans akin to the BTS push. Yet I don't see how any part of this song is US mainstream worthy and none of the other songs of the EP really fit that role either. Its honestly kinda sad because at the end of the day I feel most of us will see just this group as just a quick cash grab fanservice group that mostly just caters to the existing fanbases especially since there live tour starts next month.

In the end though maybe I will be wrong. It'll be interesting how the perception of them shows when they do more public stuff like the Ellen appearance and how the concert sales do.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Really fun episode of Queendom. It was nice to see the performance group a little more after last week seemed to be 90% of the vocal units. I'd thought they would have given them more time, but it said they'd only had three hours together since they split off into groups.

One thing that I keep noticing is Soyeon and how... I don't know, reserved she is? Any time the groups are together and goofing around, she's either in the back kinda keeping to herself. It could just be editing, but even on the youtube stuff I've seen of (G)I-DLE's she's kind of apart from the rest of the group. Not even necessarily in a bad way and it might only be because of editing or me projecting. It's just such a stark contrast to the rest of the personalities on the show.

2 gifts from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from an anonymous user!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
(not really) A message from poll organizer:
There has been a mixup in the recent poll results. K-pop era's #1 LOOΠΔ girl is actually HeeJin!. We are celebrating her victory with a little giveaway, open to users with US PSN or US eshop account.
Triva time: did you know that streaming ViViD increases your chance of winning? Oh my God, YES!

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (US) PlayStation 4 (US): $10 US PSN - Won by MakotoYuki MakotoYuki (8 entries)
  • Nintendo Switch (US) Nintendo Switch (US): $10 US eshop - Won by vanty vanty (4 entries)

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ekJbWow.gif

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know how anyone could like jopping with a Chorus that is THAT DUMPSTER FIRE GARABAGE bad

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
YOU KNOW HOW WE GET DOWN! JOPPING!
HOW WE GET DOWN! JOPPING!
HOW WE GET DOWN!

n4auqzj.gif

EDIT: also, in unrelated news, Sejeong finally opened an Instagram, which makes it 9 I.O.I girls out of 11 that have opened an IG account. DoDaeng are the only ones missing there! (and Jieqiong also a bit if you acknowledge the fact it's mostly her company running hers, but that still counts).

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
A song with Mark Lee can't be bad. It's a fact.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Not everybody has to like LOONA though. I know, bold opinion right there, but hey.

If you like your girls more badass, I've got the things for you, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.