• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Delphine, I showed my friend your excitement over Jopping because she can't stop singing "We're jumping, it's popping, we're jopping."

So you are not alone.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Hey Delphine, I showed my friend your excitement over Jopping because she can't stop singing "We're jumping, it's popping, we're jopping."

So you are not alone.

VxUctnQ.gif

This is awesome, glad to see people GET ME, even if it's not on ERA, sobs.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
where to start with kpop? 🤔
If people tell you to start with BTS & BLACKPINK DON'T LISTEN to them. Not saying don't listen to BTS & BLACKPINK but you have start from here.

All of BoA Music from Korean to Japanese

All of SNSD aka Girl Generation's Music

All of BigBang Music

All of 2NE1 Music

After all these then everything else about Kpop will speak for itself or rather you will research about other groups after. If you want even more I can bring you back to the oldschool of Kpop which started it all ^_^

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm coming around on the superM stuff despite my initial thoughts I won't lie. I have Jopping stuck in my head. Grabbed some tickets to one of their shows I've always wanted to experience a Kpop show so I'm pretty excited I'm sure it'll be great.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't think there are a lot of women around here.

Or you can say that "sis" and "girl" are gender-neutral terms, I know I can sometimes use them as such regardless of who I am answering to.
oh i was just using it in a gender-neutral way, like "guys". but still, some people get offended by that, so just being careful :)

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
SuperM's debut is... Interesting.

Don't know if it will ending up paying off for them, but I'll enjoy the live performances in the meantime.

I absolutely loooove this. The production is so clean and they have nice vocals.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I absolutely loooove this. The production is so clean and they have nice vocals.

Always happy to see Hyerim thrive, the song is very nice indeed, and the MV doesn't look too shabby even though it's clear the budget for it was tiny. Limesoda seems to have a peculiar member history as well, a duo at first, then 4 members then now 3 but feels like this MV is hinting at maybe a different 4th member joining in the future? It's a bit weird, but I don't mind, I'm mostly here for Hyerim anyway.

That was very cute and soothing, thanks for sharing!

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The SuperM stream was weird. The performances were amazing, but showing behind the scenes footage and doing lots of talking made me uninterested at times.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Lee Hae In Comes Forward With Experience On "Idol School" And Terminating Contract With Agency

This makes for pretty eye-opening reading. I didn't watch Idol School at the time and I certainly had no idea the trainees were basically imprisoned at Yangpyeong English Town for months. I figured they were just on location for a few days here and there as with the Produce series.

I love the group that came out of that show but this all seems so fucking weird/illegal.

She was / is that good.

I can believe it.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Here's what happened at that SuperM stream, in order:
  • Jopping plays over the speakers while people wait for SuperM to come out
  • SuperM comes out and performs I Can't Stand the Rain
  • A Jopping MV behind-the-scenes video is shown
  • SuperM comes back out and performs Super Car
  • The Jopping MV (which most people there had probably already seen) is shown
  • SuperM comes back out and performs Jopping
  • The show ends.
I still enjoyed the live performances but the structure was baffling. Why would you show the ENTIRE music video right before the live performance? Nobody wants to hear the same song twice in a row, and it was already played from start to finish at the very beginning of the show before anyone even came out on stage.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what happened at that SuperM stream, in order:
  • Jopping plays over the speakers while people wait for SuperM to come out
  • SuperM comes out and performs I Can't Stand the Rain
  • A Jopping MV behind-the-scenes video is shown
  • SuperM comes back out and performs Super Car
  • The Jopping MV (which most people there had probably already seen) is shown
  • SuperM comes back out and performs Jopping
  • The show ends.
I still enjoyed the live performances but the structure was baffling. Why would you show the ENTIRE music video right before the live performance? Nobody wants to hear the same song twice in a row, and it was already played from start to finish at the very beginning of the show before anyone even came out on stage.
The "showing the MV before they perform" the show is a standard for kpop showcases when they release a new song. The pacing is off, but they were doing outfit changes and the whole thing. I don't think it's that different from other showcases, just that in this case we could see all the dead time thanks to the livestream.

But it could be worse:

Somi Criticized For Holding Debut Showcase Without Any Performance Because It "Wasn't Ready"

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone here is using an iPhone XR or iPhone 11 (non Pro), I made a bunch of SuperM wallpapers that perfectly match the screen's resolution with no loss in quality from the original concept photos.

taeyong-3.png

Here's a link to the gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/ydo8uz9e/

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Dal Shabet had a fanmeeting/concert thing.

Always heartwarming to see these groups sticking together.
Yup.
As much as I love seeing this (especially since Jiyul and Kaeun left Dal Shabet nearly 4 years ago)...

Brown Eyed Girls even opened an official Instagram, at long last!

....I can't tell you how good it feels to see BEG again. JeA has been doing her online variety show, with GaIn and Miryo popping up here and there, but it's been a minute since I've seen Narsha.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprises Browned Eyes Girls haven't disbanded yet. Feels like they've been in the scene since forever.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprises Browned Eyes Girls haven't disbanded yet. Feels like they've been in the scene since forever.
They seem to have an ownerships of the group that other groups would dream of. They are kind of at a point like Shinhwa, were they probably can manage every aspect of the group and can ed up doing exactly what they want.

They did, it's just that they've now reunited.
They actually never disbanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.