• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Caught up on Queendom.

Don't think Mamamoo should have won, but I knew it was going to happen. Up to this point the contest was kind of balanced, with the self-evaluation round, the special guests voting and the audience vote. Once it was opened up to the general public voting, it just became a popularity contest. Especially given the fact that voting started before anyone had even performed that night. I get that it's the format of these kinds of shows, but it was kinda bullshit.

Full disclosure, (G)I-DLE was the only group I was really familiar with going in. I knew Mamamoo by reputation only and Park Bom from her 2NE1 days. (G)I-DLE was consistently the best on this show. Their only low point was the 2ne1 cover, which was totally inoffensive and wasn't even the worst performance that round. Mamamoo felt like they just coasted the whole time, which is why they were almost constantly 2nd place.

Overal, I really enjoyed Queendom and I'm sad that it's over. Oh My Girl really won me over and Lovelyz is on my radar now. Bom was really kinda screwed by being by herself in this format. AoA is also on my radar now. (G)I-DLE fucking crushed it.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
It's clearly not the official Hinapia Youtube account, so... yeah, that's not it. Just a fanmade crappy MV.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on Queendom.

Don't think Mamamoo should have won, but I knew it was going to happen. Up to this point the contest was kind of balanced, with the self-evaluation round, the special guests voting and the audience vote. Once it was opened up to the general public voting, it just became a popularity contest. Especially given the fact that voting started before anyone had even performed that night. I get that it's the format of these kinds of shows, but it was kinda bullshit.

Full disclosure, (G)I-DLE was the only group I was really familiar with going in. I knew Mamamoo by reputation only and Park Bom from her 2NE1 days. (G)I-DLE was consistently the best on this show. Their only low point was the 2ne1 cover, which was totally inoffensive and wasn't even the worst performance that round. Mamamoo felt like they just coasted the whole time, which is why they were almost constantly 2nd place.

Overal, I really enjoyed Queendom and I'm sad that it's over. Oh My Girl really won me over and Lovelyz is on my radar now. Bom was really kinda screwed by being by herself in this format. AoA is also on my radar now. (G)I-DLE fucking crushed it.
Didn't bother watching cause the outcome was decided from jump. Totally rigged.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Queendom was totally worth it for the performances and interactions. Nobody should care about who won.

Kind of like end of the year award shows.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

This song tries to go too hard. Which is happening way too much lately. Everglow fell into the same trap with their comeback. The reason songs like "Get It" by Pristin V and "Bon Bon Chocolate" were great was because they showed some restraint.

This goes balls deep out the gate and just makes a mess in the first 20 seconds. Pardon the somewhat explicit example lol 😂

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
This song tries to go too hard. Which is happening way too much lately. Everglow fell into the same trap with their comeback. The reason songs like "Get It" by Pristin V and "Bon Bon Chocolate" were great was because they showed some restraint.

This goes balls deep out the gate and just makes a mess in the first 20 seconds. Pardon the somewhat explicit example lol 😂

XY4Mn.gif

The only thing that goes to hard is their use of lip fillers.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Drip's MV looked a bit lower budget than I expected it to be, but still pretty decent. Also I can't help but get the feeling they're talking about escaping from Pledis in it. Overall, it's still pretty decent and nice. Not the best debut this year, but I like it enough still. Minkyeung is shining so much in Hinapia, much more than she ever did in Pristin.

Lion was absolutely amazing. The song itself is great, I'm gonna replay it a lot, and the MV was so stunning and beautiful! The outfits kept on delivering, and it was fun to see Shuhua wear the same dress that Somi wore at KCRUSH 2019, which, arguably, is a hell of a stunning dress. Also Shuhua having proper verses to sing, wow, we stan.

oc0PUjq.gif

(don't judge me, I take whatever interaction I can get, ok?).

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Midpoint update of the Twice poll, with 35 votes in

= 531
= 493
= 419
↑ 414
↑ 407
↓2 384
= 315
= 283
= 254

Vote here

Last edited:

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
All I know is:

- Fuck Pledis

- Yebin, Minkyung and Eunwoo are finally in an active group again - no comment on any... exterior changes made

- Queendom was great in educating the uninitiated on how beautiful G-Idle Minnie's voice is, and the fact that Oh My Girl have been top tier since 'Cupid' ('Closer' and 'One Step, Two Steps' only served to further reinforce that)

BEG/Brown Eyed Girls -- [4K] 신곡 최초공개! [@STAGE] with 브라운아이드걸스|브아걸|클렌징크림, 다가와서, LOVE, sign, abracadabra, Sixth sense,원더우먼|딩고뮤직

A.C.E (에이스) - 삐딱선 (SAVAGE) M/V

Jessi (제시) - 'Drip Feat. 박재범 (Jay Park)' MV

[MV] MONSTA X(몬스타엑스) _ Follow

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Good stuff.

They were robbed.
That was hot. When's the tour happening?
Kpop sure does music videos like no other genre nowadays. This was great.
(G)I-DLE is starting to become my Top GG of this generation; Kinda sad CLC isn't getting much love like they are from their company Cube. Anyways I would like to know when they having a Tour too, Hope they tour to Toronto one day

Now that we have almost all the 1st Generation reunite, We can begin our 2nd Generation reunion (2nd KPOP Golden ERA). With TOP&G-Dragon already out and soon Taeyang&Daesung out of the Military KPOP can hopefully be better again. BEG is the 1st to comeback after 4 years, Then Queen Hyuna like 1half day soon, and IU in 2-3 weeks; I think CL is coming back soon too I believe. If i'm missing any let me know ^_^

(don't judge me, I take whatever interaction I can get, ok?).

I still think this song should of been her title track instead of Birthday

Last edited:

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
There is absolutely NO reason for this to be a bop

I need them to perform this on their tour tbh

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
BVNDIT's Dumb is a bit disappointing to me, pretty safe, but still good, I'll still play it. Dramatic remains undefeated though.

Hyuna's Flower Shower is THE fresh fun experimental sound I needed today, I just fucking love it! And the MV is stunning as well!

Also, here's why the Drip MV got reuploaded:

Apparently Minkyeung's bread scenes were too much for some reason.

Last edited:

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love HyunA's new song. Nice fresh sound - very different from her previous stuff. The drop is kind of sick too.

Status
Not open for further replies.