• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Don't want anyone seeing this new page to miss out on any of these two goodies from the latter half of the last page.

밴디트 (BVNDIT) - Dumb MV

Yo this is great. Might be as good as Drip. What an amazing year this has been for gg debuts.

MV has been reuploaded, here's the new one:

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Can't lie, while Bada seems nice enough I would've like to see Siyeon/Xiyeon or Seungyeon as part of Hinapia (given that Nayoung and Pinky/Jieqiong/Kyulkung never seemed like feasible options for the group).

With Bada being the youngest and least experienced it's nice to see the Pristin members encouraging her. In terms of dancing and stage presence she doesn't stand out much, so hopefully her singing and/or rapping is actually decent. Either that or she's great at variety.

Hyuna x Studio Choom - [BE ORIGINAL] HyunA(현아) 'FLOWER SHOWER' (4K UHD)

[릴레이댄스] 알렉사(AleXa) - Bomb

曉(DAWN) E01: Beginning

Jessi (제시) - 'Drip Feat. 박재범 (Jay Park)' MV Behind The Scenes

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
My bias from WEE WOO, but I heard she got knee injuries that she'd never recover from and could never really dance again.
Wow, that's awful.
Watching a few of Alexa's 'Bomb' stages I noticed that she does the "drop from the human pile" move with each performance. First thing I thought of was the high probability for leg injuries, especially when it looked like she nearly twisted her ankle during one of the drops.

Same with Loona Gowon during her choreo drop in 'Butterfly.' IIRC, she was actually injured early on during promotions, but not too severely. Hopefully, the choreographer(s) and Loona's handlers taught her the difference between landing on the balls of her feet and landing on her heels.

I'm obviously being selfish since at least Hinapia has 3 of my fav Pristin/Pristin V members.

As for Seungyeon, I'm wondering if she got a good deal since she has composition and songwriting skills. Outside of an incredibly restrictive contract, dunno why else she would willingly stay with a hot garbage agency like Pledis (in terms of female artists at least).

EIPy47uXkAEzldM

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
As for Seungyeon, I'm wondering if she got a good deal since she has composition and songwriting skills. Outside of an incredibly restrictive contract, dunno why else she would willingly stay with a hot garbage agency like Pledis (in terms of female artists at least).

The only girl that makes sense staying with Pledis was Pinky, the other two aren't ever getting a solo career and most likely stayed to write songs for other groups.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I feel like there are people in here who might relate to this nicely-edited tweet, so I'll just share it:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
MMM Multiverse
Universe 2: Political Activist Wheein, Princess Solar, Video Director Moonbyul, Single Mom Hwasa
Universe 3: Painter Wheein, Champion Boxer Solar, Dance Crew Leader Moonbyul, Ghost Hwasa(?)

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
They should disband them and let them go back to their companies. Most be weird being in that group now knowing they didn't really win.

What a joke. I'm glad I never watched any of those shows.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They should disband them and let them go back to their companies. Most be weird being in that group now knowing they didn't really win.

What a joke. I'm glad I never watched any of those shows.
Never gonna happen considering they literally got 200k pre-orders. The postponement is CJ just waiting it out to see what the police report has revealed.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
CL has had a combination problem of being on the YG dungeon schedule and most of her solo releases just not being good.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels frustratingly ironic that the new Mamamoo album's concept is "what if mamamoo is not mamamoo" when they haven't really been themselves for a while now. I still enjoy them, but like, bring back the funky jazz, RBW. I'm begging you.

Does anyone have a rundown or recap on the MNET stuff I can look at? I don't usually keep up with this stuff.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Feels frustratingly ironic that the new Mamamoo album's concept is "what if mamamoo is not mamamoo" when they haven't really been themselves for a while now. I still enjoy them, but like, bring back the funky jazz, RBW. I'm begging you.

Does anyone have a rundown or recap on the MNET stuff I can look at? I don't usually keep up with this stuff.

July 2019
Produce X 101 results came out resulting in the debut of X1
. This prompted some controversy because the votes were clearly tampered with.
main-qimg-4cac06c7636f2cb4626dd0cc606124b9

Numbers were also divisible by a certain factor. This prompted some X1 fans to say that the votes were inflated to make it seem like their debut would be bigger. Mnet's response was that the number of votes was tampered with but the final lineup was accurate. All agencies of the top 20 labels agreed to not change X1's lineup.

August 2019
A class lawsuit was filed as live voting costed 100Won per vote, thus allowing voters to file for fraud. A search warrant was then filed on August 20th through all CJE&M offices and a text voting company. Recordings of voting manipulation for previous seasons were found, thus extending the police's reach to previous seasons of Produce as well as other Mnet survival shows like Show Me The Money, Idol School and Superstar K. MBC investigative show PD Note asked for people to come out with information on August 20th.

X1 then debuted around this time but were blocked from performing at SBS Inkigayo, MBC Music Core and KBS Music Bank.

IZ*ONE had announced their third Japanese single around this time, presumably to avoid voting manipulation controversy as well as the tie in with X1's debut.

September 2019
It was then reported that rigging might have occurred since Episode 2 of Produce X 101.

Mnet's then-current survival show Queendom was under fire due to vote manipulation suspicion (
G-IDLE placing last with Fire
). Starship, Woollim and MBK were then raided by the police on September 30th.

Starship
  • Jang Wonyoung (IZ*ONE)
  • Ahn Yujin (IZ*ONE)
  • Song Hyeongjun (X1)
  • Kang Minhee (X1)
Woollim
  • Kwon Eunbi (IZ*ONE)
  • Kim Chaewon (IZ*ONE)
  • Cha Junho (X1)
MBK
  • Lee Hangyul (X1)
  • Nam Dohyeon (X1)
After these raids, police confirmed that they found evidence of vote manipulation. A lawyer has stated that the real rankings of Produce will be revealed and that police have also confirmed that seizures have occurred at all (but AKS in Japan) labels associated with PRODUCE 48's final debut group IZ*ONE.

October 2019

On October 1, 2019, MBC released a teaser for their investigative show PD Note.

Police then conducted a search and seizure at all X1 and IZ*ONE members' labels. Contestants from Produce X 101 and Idol School then started to come out talking about advantages trainees that were favoured to debut received, such as knowing their Pick Me song beforehand so fully being able to comprehensively recite lyrics before the rest of the trainees. Idol School trainees further revealed bad conditions such as wearing summer clothing during the winter, no food allowed, weren't able to attend school regularly, etc.

Lee Haein, a previous contestant of Produce 101 S1 and Idol School that was signed to Stone was promised to debut in FROMIS_9 (the final Idol School group) but was eliminated and made to do a "goodbye" speech, one in which none of the other eliminated contestants did. Her father revealed this.

Some labels were then revealed trying to pull trainees out of PRODUCE X, which PLAN A Choi Byungchan (Victon) successfully pulled off. Netizens then gathered evidence the same day about rigged rankings as well as grade evaluations on both PRODUCE 48 and PRODUCE X 101.

Lee Haein later on revealed more information such as

Produce 101
  • The changing of missions during Produce 101. (From Best Member pick to Team Battle)
  • Their team having to sing live whereas the other team got to lip-sync.
Idol School
  • Scripted scenes such as dancing to music which was not playing.
  • Idol School contestants weren't allowed to go home and had to stay at the official centre (unlike Produce 101).
  • No human rights during filming. Contestants had to steal film crew's food leftovers to survive.
  • Film crew didn't comply with laws as they were filming underage contestants after hours.
  • Skin problems were raised due to the dorms not having any sunlight access.
  • Contracts were offered during the show's duration.
  • Showrunners then tried to persuade a member to debut even though she didn't want to.
She uploaded an Instagram post the same day which was later removed. Yubseyo translated the post.
EGPO4wUVAAExSdn

EGPO4wWUYAAQoj_

EGPO4wUUwAADCmX

On October 15, MBC broadcasted their vote rigging scandal special on PD Note. Video testimonies from Lee Haein as well as anonymous staff members were broadcast.

The day after, the KCSC revealed that fines of upto 30 million won ($25,918USD) would be imposed.

Police investigation then continued with staff members phones getting confiscated and searched through.

On October 30th, during IZ*ONE's anniversary live, a Korean comeback was announced to be released on November 11th, 2019 showing their Concept Trailer: When IZ your BLOOMing moment?

November 2019
Police then requested a travel ban on PRODUCE PDs as well as Starship Entertainment executives, as well as arrest warrants for some PRODUCE X staff.

Furthermore, the main PD Ahn Joon Young then had his arrest warrant approved on November 5th. Seoul Police then conducted new search and seizures in all labels relating to Produce X.

IZ*ONE then announced a BLOOM*IZ comeback show on Mnet Korea and Mnet Japan as well as digital channels such as Mnet K-Pop's YouTube channel, Stone Music Entertainment's YouTube channel and M2's YouTube channel.

Ahn Joon Young (PD) and Kim Young Bum (Chief PD) were then arrested on November 5th. SBS News then reported that PDs were trying to destroy evidence about vote manipulation. It was then later reported that the PDs received sexual favours from the label's executives and workers (presumably to rig a member into the final lineup).

Ahn Joon Young then revealed that he manipulated results for PRODUCE 48 and PRODUCE X 101, denying that manipulation occurred in PRODUCE 101 S1 and PRODUCE 101 S2.

Mnet then made a response in regards to future survival shows including future PRODUCE seasons, stating that a new observer system will be implemented to improve transparency as well as protect votes. Police then announced to also investigate Mnet staff in their involvement with the voting scandal. Ahn Joon Young was shown to be handcuffed on this day (November 6th).

Mnet then released a statement on their current survival turned reality show To Be World Klass stating that no Messenger Votes will be undertaken. X1 was revealed to not sign an exclusivity contract with CJ yet (as IZ*ONE did last year until six months after their debut), prompting fans concerns of early disbandment.

IZ*ONE then had a complete shitshow.
  • Their media showcase was cancelled.
  • Their BLOOM*IZ comeback show that they filmed on November 7th's broadcast was scheduled to be cancelled, then postponed.
  • JTBC's Idol Room revealed that IZ*ONE's episode would not air.
  • MBC's My Little Television 2 revealed that IZ*ONE's episode would not air.
    • Furthermore, their MC being Ahn Yujin would be edited out following this week's episode.
  • Sponsors were rumoured to cancel IZ*ONE but have released statements stating that they are not terminating sponsor contracts.
  • Netflix's Busted revealed to not change any content relating to their IZ*ONE episode.
BLOOM*IZ was announced to be postponed indefinitely until future notice. All pre-orders were thus cancelled and refunded.

X1 was announced to be still attending the V Live Awards V Heartbeat event on November 16th.

Previous PRODUCE trainees then gave statements on what happened during the show such as Park HeeSeok and Niwa Shiori. Niwa Shiori further confirmed other member's statements on how certain members already knew the choreo and lyrics before it was announced.

Mamamoo (Queendom winner) then announced they would postpone their comeback to future notice.

Edit (8/11/19):
There have been discussions at Mnet on whether IZ*ONE and X1 will attend MAMA.

Edit (9/11/19):
IZ*ONE's movie "Eyes on Me" has been postponed.
The global release of Eyes on Me has been cancelled

Edit (11/11/19):
Felt like this warranted another post so sorry for double posting.

On the 11th, an official from Mnet told News1, "While it is true that IZ*ONE's comeback has been postponed, there have been no discussions regarding their a outlet (cancel dongA) reported that IZ*ONE and X1 were in the process of disbanding. Apparently, each members' agencies were talking about pulling members from the group. However, Mnet said there was no actual discussion regarding disbandment.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
July 2019

Numbers were also divisible by a certain factor. This prompted some X1 fans to say that the votes were inflated to make it seem like their debut would be bigger. Mnet's response was that the number of votes was tampered with but the final lineup was accurate. All agencies of the top 20 labels agreed to not change X1's lineup.

August 2019
A class lawsuit was filed as live voting costed 100Won per vote, thus allowing voters to file for fraud. A search warrant was then filed on August 20th through all CJE&M offices and a text voting company. Recordings of voting manipulation for previous seasons were found, thus extending the police's reach to previous seasons of Produce as well as other Mnet survival shows like Show Me The Money, Idol School and Superstar K. MBC investigative show PD Note asked for people to come out with information on August 20th.

X1 then debuted around this time but were blocked from performing at SBS Inkigayo, MBC Music Core and KBS Music Bank.

IZ*ONE had announced their third Japanese single around this time, presumably to avoid voting manipulation controversy as well as the tie in with X1's debut.

September 2019
It was then reported that rigging might have occurred since Episode 2 of Produce X 101.

Mnet's then-current survival show Queendom was under fire due to vote manipulation suspicion (

Starship
  • Jang Wonyoung (IZ*ONE)
  • Ahn Yujin (IZ*ONE)
  • Song Hyeongjun (X1)
  • Kang Minhee (X1)
Woollim
  • Kwon Eunbi (IZ*ONE)
  • Kim Chaewon (IZ*ONE)
  • Cha Junho (X1)
MBK
  • Lee Hangyul (X1)
  • Nam Dohyeon (X1)
After these raids, police confirmed that they found evidence of vote manipulation. A lawyer has stated that the real rankings of Produce will be revealed and that police have also confirmed that seizures have occurred at all (but AKS in Japan) labels associated with PRODUCE 48's final debut group IZ*ONE.

October 2019

Police then conducted a search and seizure at all X1 and IZ*ONE members' labels. Contestants from Produce X 101 and Idol School then started to come out talking about advantages trainees that were favoured to debut received, such as knowing their Pick Me song beforehand so fully being able to comprehensively recite lyrics before the rest of the trainees. Idol School trainees further revealed bad conditions such as wearing summer clothing during the winter, no food allowed, weren't able to attend school regularly, etc.

Lee Haein, a previous contestant of Produce 101 S1 and Idol School that was signed to Stone was promised to debut in FROMIS_9 (the final Idol School group) but was eliminated and made to do a "goodbye" speech, one in which none of the other eliminated contestants did. Her father revealed this.

Some labels were then revealed trying to pull trainees out of PRODUCE X, which PLAN A Choi Byungchan (Victon) successfully pulled off. Netizens then gathered evidence the same day about rigged rankings as well as grade evaluations on both PRODUCE 48 and PRODUCE X 101.

Produce 101
  • The changing of missions during Produce 101. (From Best Member pick to Team Battle)
Idol School
  • Idol School contestants weren't allowed to go home and had to stay at the official centre (unlike Produce 101).
  • No human rights during filming. Contestants had to steal film crew's food leftovers to survive.
  • Film crew didn't comply with laws as they were filming underage contestants after hours.
  • Showrunners then tried to persuade a member to debut even though she didn't want to.
She uploaded an Instagram post the same day which was later removed. Yubseyo translated the post.
EGPO4wUVAAExSdn

EGPO4wWUYAAQoj_

EGPO4wUUwAADCmX

On October 15, MBC broadcasted their vote rigging scandal special on PD Note. Video testimonies from Lee Haein as well as anonymous staff members were broadcast.

The day after, the KCSC revealed that fines of upto 30 million won ($25,918USD) would be imposed.

Police investigation then continued with staff members phones getting confiscated and searched through.

On October 30th, during IZ*ONE's anniversary live, a Korean comeback was announced to be released on November 11th, 2019 showing their Concept Trailer: When IZ your BLOOMing moment?

November 2019
Police then requested a travel ban on PRODUCE PDs as well as Starship Entertainment executives, as well as arrest warrants for some PRODUCE X staff.

Furthermore, the main PD Ahn Joon Young then had his arrest warrant approved on November 5th. Seoul Police then conducted new search and seizures in all labels relating to Produce X.

IZ*ONE then announced a BLOOM*IZ comeback show on Mnet Korea and Mnet Japan as well as digital channels such as Mnet K-Pop's YouTube channel, Stone Music Entertainment's YouTube channel and M2's YouTube channel.

Ahn Joon Young (PD) and Kim Young Bum (Chief PD) were then arrested on November 5th. SBS News then reported that PDs were trying to destroy evidence about vote manipulation. It was then later reported that the PDs received sexual favours from the label's executives and workers (presumably to rig a member into the final lineup).

Ahn Joon Young then revealed that he manipulated results for PRODUCE 48 and PRODUCE X 101, denying that manipulation occurred in PRODUCE 101 S1 and PRODUCE 101 S2.

Mnet then made a response in regards to future survival shows including future PRODUCE seasons, stating that a new observer system will be implemented to improve transparency as well as protect votes. Police then announced to also investigate Mnet staff in their involvement with the voting scandal. Ahn Joon Young was shown to be handcuffed on this day (November 6th).

Mnet then released a statement on their current survival turned reality show To Be World Klass stating that no Messenger Votes will be undertaken. X1 was revealed to not sign an exclusivity contract with CJ yet (as IZ*ONE did last year until six months after their debut), prompting fans concerns of early disbandment.

• Their BLOOM*IZ comeback show that they filmed on November 7th's broadcast was scheduled to be cancelled, then postponed.
    • Furthermore, their MC being Ahn Yujin would be edited out following this week's episode.
  • Sponsors were rumoured to cancel IZ*ONE but have released statements stating that they are not terminating sponsor contracts.
  • Netflix's Busted revealed to not change any content relating to their IZ*ONE episode.
BLOOM*IZ was announced to be postponed indefinitely until future notice. All pre-orders were thus cancelled and refunded.

X1 was announced to be still attending the V Live Awards V Heartbeat event on November 16th.

Previous PRODUCE trainees then gave statements on what happened during the show such as Park HeeSeok and Niwa Shiori. Niwa Shiori further confirmed other member's statements on how certain members already knew the choreo and lyrics before it was announced.

Mamamoo (Queendom winner) then announced they would postpone their comeback to future notice.

Edit (8/11/19):

It wasn't directed at me, but thanks for the incredible recap. I only drop by this thread every now and then and I didn't really understand what this whole vote rigging theme was (not knowing the artists involved either tbh). Some real slimy shit, but it's great to see that at least the police are taking actual actions to stop it. I know for a fact (I know somebody who was the victim of this personally) talent shows in many countries are in one way or another rigged (if not by pure vote manipulation through last-minute rule changes, oddly convenient mixing issues that cripples an artist's chances, picks based on connections or dramatic backstories as opposed to talent, etc.), which makes it hard to care about them past the couple hours entertainment they offer. Sucks to see actual votes being rigged though because this means that even when the public actually decides which artist they care most about (thus potentially showing which of them would sell better), labels/organizers/showrunners still know better :\

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't directed at me, but thanks for the incredible recap. I only drop by this thread every now and then and I didn't really understand what this whole vote rigging theme was (not knowing the artists involved either tbh). Some real slimy shit, but it's great to see that at least the police are taking actual actions to stop it. I know for a fact (I know somebody who was the victim of this personally) talent shows in many countries are in one way or another rigged (if not by pure vote manipulation through last-minute rule changes, oddly convenient mixing issues that cripples an artist's chances, picks based on connections or dramatic backstories as opposed to talent, etc.), which makes it hard to care about them past the couple hours entertainment they offer. Sucks to see actual votes being rigged though because this means that even when the public actually decides which artist they care most about (thus potentially showing which of them would sell better), labels/organizers/showrunners still know better :\

allgs I will continually update the post whenever something new comes out!

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
July 2019

August 2019

September 2019

Starship
  • Jang Wonyoung (IZ*ONE)
  • Ahn Yujin (IZ*ONE)
  • Song Hyeongjun (X1)
  • Kang Minhee (X1)
Woollim
  • Kwon Eunbi (IZ*ONE)
  • Kim Chaewon (IZ*ONE)
  • Cha Junho (X1)
MBK
  • Lee Hangyul (X1)
  • Nam Dohyeon (X1)

October 2019

Produce 101
Idol School
EGPO4wUVAAExSdn

EGPO4wWUYAAQoj_

EGPO4wUUwAADCmX

November 2019

Edit (8/11/19):

Edit (9/11/19):
IZ*ONE's movie "Eyes on Me" has been postponed.

DAMN WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.