• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed in the recent revelations about Ellin.

Seems like an absurd amount of scandals happening in kpop this year.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed in the recent revelations about Ellin.

Seems like an absurd amount of scandals happening in kpop this year.

Yup, that was fucked up on her part. If the dummies thirst-watching her want to give her money that's one thing, but intentionally baiting someone into thinking they actually have a chance at a relationship to get more is another.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, I had this post ready about a day ago, but then the text all disappeared before I hit submit and it didn't seem to be saved at all.

The text just randomly reappeared and I don't see any of these posted, so...

Zion.T - '5월의 밤(May)' M/V

Zion. T -- [4K] 자이언티의 킬링보이스를 라이브로! / 양화대교, 꺼내 먹어요, 눈, No Make Up, 그냥, Complex, Click Me, O, 어허

🔥Timecode🔥
00:02 Complex (Feat. G-DRAGON)
01:24 어허
02:32 O
03:40 Click Me
05:09 그냥 (Just)
05:34 꺼내 먹어요
06:26 No Make Up
07:51 눈 (Feat. 이문세)
09:09 양화대교
10:39 5월의 밤

First Nature release with new member Kim Sohee, who joined the group roughly two years after her debut as a soloist.

네이처 (NATURE) - OOPSIE (My Bad) (Teaser 1)

프라이머리 (Primary) - '우주 (woozoo) (Feat. SUMIN, 김아일 (Qim Isle))' M/V Teaser

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Scammed a guy out of I think $800k

How is this scam not a crime? Is it because the victim didn't press charges?
800k that's crazy. I'm more shocked about this that the voting scandal lol.
No mention of giving it back or even returning a portion of the money. did she really spend all of 800k?

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, police? Yes, I'd like to report false promises. Manipulative as it was, if "romantically leading someone on" was legally considered fraud, every rich asshole who thinks he can treat relationships as transactional would be abusing the law and exploiting their status to punish women for not sleeping with them after buying dinner, or whatever. He turned right around and started throwing money at another woman broadcaster, he's not so naive. She's an opportunist, he's a creep, she apologised, he accepted. Hopefully they'll both move on and improve themselves.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will be posting about the Police Report on Monday,
July 2019
Produce X 101 results came out resulting in the debut of X1
. This prompted some controversy because the votes were clearly tampered with.
main-qimg-4cac06c7636f2cb4626dd0cc606124b9

Numbers were also divisible by a certain factor. This prompted some X1 fans to say that the votes were inflated to make it seem like their debut would be bigger. Mnet's response was that the number of votes was tampered with but the final lineup was accurate. All agencies of the top 20 labels agreed to not change X1's lineup.

August 2019
A class lawsuit was filed as live voting costed 100Won per vote, thus allowing voters to file for fraud. A search warrant was then filed on August 20th through all CJE&M offices and a text voting company. Recordings of voting manipulation for previous seasons were found, thus extending the police's reach to previous seasons of Produce as well as other Mnet survival shows like Show Me The Money, Idol School and Superstar K. MBC investigative show PD Note asked for people to come out with information on August 20th.

X1 then debuted around this time but were blocked from performing at SBS Inkigayo, MBC Music Core and KBS Music Bank.

IZ*ONE had announced their third Japanese single around this time, presumably to avoid voting manipulation controversy as well as the tie in with X1's debut.

September 2019
It was then reported that rigging might have occurred since Episode 2 of Produce X 101.

Mnet's then-current survival show Queendom was under fire due to vote manipulation suspicion (
G-IDLE placing last with Fire
). Starship, Woollim and MBK were then raided by the police on September 30th.

Starship
  • Jang Wonyoung (IZ*ONE)
  • Ahn Yujin (IZ*ONE)
  • Song Hyeongjun (X1)
  • Kang Minhee (X1)
Woollim
  • Kwon Eunbi (IZ*ONE)
  • Kim Chaewon (IZ*ONE)
  • Cha Junho (X1)
MBK
  • Lee Hangyul (X1)
  • Nam Dohyeon (X1)
After these raids, police confirmed that they found evidence of vote manipulation. A lawyer has stated that the real rankings of Produce will be revealed and that police have also confirmed that seizures have occurred at all (but AKS in Japan) labels associated with PRODUCE 48's final debut group IZ*ONE.

October 2019

On October 1, 2019, MBC released a teaser for their investigative show PD Note.

Police then conducted a search and seizure at all X1 and IZ*ONE members' labels. Contestants from Produce X 101 and Idol School then started to come out talking about advantages trainees that were favoured to debut received, such as knowing their Pick Me song beforehand so fully being able to comprehensively recite lyrics before the rest of the trainees. Idol School trainees further revealed bad conditions such as wearing summer clothing during the winter, no food allowed, weren't able to attend school regularly, etc.

Lee Haein, a previous contestant of Produce 101 S1 and Idol School that was signed to Stone was promised to debut in FROMIS_9 (the final Idol School group) but was eliminated and made to do a "goodbye" speech, one in which none of the other eliminated contestants did. Her father revealed this.

Some labels were then revealed trying to pull trainees out of PRODUCE X, which PLAN A Choi Byungchan (Victon) successfully pulled off. Netizens then gathered evidence the same day about rigged rankings as well as grade evaluations on both PRODUCE 48 and PRODUCE X 101.

Lee Haein later on revealed more information such as

Produce 101
  • The changing of missions during Produce 101. (From Best Member pick to Team Battle)
  • Their team having to sing live whereas the other team got to lip-sync.
Idol School
  • Scripted scenes such as dancing to music which was not playing.
  • Idol School contestants weren't allowed to go home and had to stay at the official centre (unlike Produce 101).
  • No human rights during filming. Contestants had to steal film crew's food leftovers to survive.
  • Film crew didn't comply with laws as they were filming underage contestants after hours.
  • Skin problems were raised due to the dorms not having any sunlight access.
  • Contracts were offered during the show's duration.
  • Showrunners then tried to persuade a member to debut even though she didn't want to.
She uploaded an Instagram post the same day which was later removed. Yubseyo translated the post.
EGPO4wUVAAExSdn

EGPO4wWUYAAQoj_

EGPO4wUUwAADCmX

On October 15, MBC broadcasted their vote rigging scandal special on PD Note. Video testimonies from Lee Haein as well as anonymous staff members were broadcast.

The day after, the KCSC revealed that fines of upto 30 million won ($25,918USD) would be imposed.

Police investigation then continued with staff members phones getting confiscated and searched through.

On October 30th, during IZ*ONE's anniversary live, a Korean comeback was announced to be released on November 11th, 2019 showing their Concept Trailer: When IZ your BLOOMing moment?

November 2019
Police then requested a travel ban on PRODUCE PDs as well as Starship Entertainment executives, as well as arrest warrants for some PRODUCE X staff.

Furthermore, the main PD Ahn Joon Young then had his arrest warrant approved on November 5th. Seoul Police then conducted new search and seizures in all labels relating to Produce X.

IZ*ONE then announced a BLOOM*IZ comeback show on Mnet Korea and Mnet Japan as well as digital channels such as Mnet K-Pop's YouTube channel, Stone Music Entertainment's YouTube channel and M2's YouTube channel.

Ahn Joon Young (PD) and Kim Young Bum (Chief PD) were then arrested on November 5th. SBS News then reported that PDs were trying to destroy evidence about vote manipulation. It was then later reported that the PDs received sexual favours from the label's executives and workers (presumably to rig a member into the final lineup).

Ahn Joon Young then revealed that he manipulated results for PRODUCE 48 and PRODUCE X 101, denying that manipulation occurred in PRODUCE 101 S1 and PRODUCE 101 S2.

Mnet then made a response in regards to future survival shows including future PRODUCE seasons, stating that a new observer system will be implemented to improve transparency as well as protect votes. Police then announced to also investigate Mnet staff in their involvement with the voting scandal. Ahn Joon Young was shown to be handcuffed on this day (November 6th).

Mnet then released a statement on their current survival turned reality show To Be World Klass stating that no Messenger Votes will be undertaken. X1 was revealed to not sign an exclusivity contract with CJ yet (as IZ*ONE did last year until six months after their debut), prompting fans concerns of early disbandment.

IZ*ONE then had a complete shitshow.
  • Their media showcase was cancelled.
  • Their BLOOM*IZ comeback show that they filmed on November 7th's broadcast was scheduled to be cancelled, then postponed.
  • JTBC's Idol Room revealed that IZ*ONE's episode would not air.
  • MBC's My Little Television 2 revealed that IZ*ONE's episode would not air.
    • Furthermore, their MC being Ahn Yujin would be edited out following this week's episode.
  • Sponsors were rumoured to cancel IZ*ONE but have released statements stating that they are not terminating sponsor contracts.
  • Netflix's Busted revealed to not change any content relating to their IZ*ONE episode.
BLOOM*IZ was announced to be postponed indefinitely until future notice. All pre-orders were thus cancelled and refunded.

X1 was announced to be still attending the V Live Awards V Heartbeat event on November 16th.

Previous PRODUCE trainees then gave statements on what happened during the show such as Park HeeSeok and Niwa Shiori. Niwa Shiori further confirmed other member's statements on how certain members already knew the choreo and lyrics before it was announced.

Mamamoo (Queendom winner) then announced they would postpone their comeback to future notice.

Edit (8/11/19):
There have been discussions at Mnet on whether IZ*ONE and X1 will attend MAMA.

Edit (9/11/19):
IZ*ONE's movie "Eyes on Me" has been postponed.
The global release of Eyes on Me has been cancelled

Would love to get this thread marked if possible.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
How is this scam not a crime? Is it because the victim didn't press charges?
800k that's crazy. I'm more shocked about this that the voting scandal lol.
No mention of giving it back or even returning a portion of the money. did she really spend all of 800k?

He sent 700 million Won ($599,782.82 USD) worth of "balloons" (virtual currency on the Afreeca streaming platform) to [Ellin] and spent 300 million Won ($257,049.78 USD) more on gifts like necklaces, shoes, bags, and moving expenses. The netizen explained, "The amount isn't important because it's something I did because I wanted to. I don't even want to get a refund on the 'balloons.' However, I don't want there to be another victim of A's irresponsibility when it comes to a person's emotions."

Crayon Pop's Ellin accused of leading a man on in so-called 1 billion won 'romance scam'

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Will be posting about the Police Report on Monday,

Would love to get this thread marked if possible.
I love the post and the effort, but I don't know if I want to threadmark a piece of news that negative in a kpop thread. Not the best impression for someone that jumps into the thread for the first time.

I'll do it if more people feel like it should be highlighted.

You know what voting system isn't rigged, tho? The kpop era Twice ranking polls. Reminder that there is ONE day left before the poll closes.

Vote here

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love the post and the effort, but I don't know if I want to threadmark a piece of news that negative in a kpop thread. Not the best impression for someone that jumps into the thread for the first time.

I'll do it if more people feel like it should be highlighted.

You know what voting system isn't rigged, tho? The kpop era Twice ranking polls. Reminder that there is ONE day left before the poll closes.

Vote here
Oh ofc, if you feel like it's too negative and that's the general consensus then you don't need to at all. 2019 has been one of the most depressing years for K-POP yikes, as a person who's stuck through Girls Generation's Black Ocean, T-ARA, this seems 10x worse

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IMO 2019 was pretty much the worst year ever for K-Pop, for multiple reasons. Cursed year.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2019 was definitely one of the worst ones with the Burning Sun kicking off the year. Scandal after scandal.

---‐--------

As for the Twice poll, Jihyo helped write this b-side bop. Go vote.

Momo too

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
There's a new crowdfunded Dreamcatcher photobook in the works.

Nice, I'd assume a full fledged Big Bang comeback (minus He Who Shall Not Be Named lol) is incoming.

I think Daesung still has that police investigation hanging over him.

That subtle little banger that ex-Chocolat Tia released a while ago, No More is now out on spotify and other streaming services.

I don't think this was ever made available for download on iTunes, at least not in my part of the world, so thanks for the heads up.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
- How many members of J-Line will be in the top 3 of the Twice rank this year?

- Can Chaeyoung clinch 7th place, or is the 8th slot the highest she'll ever reach?

- Jihyo has been beasting, but Nayeon has been underrated and consistently putting in work. Will both be top 5 or does someone get upset by Dahyun?

True Damage Opening Ceremony Presented by Mastercard | 2019 World Championship Finals

Too much rap for my taste

"Formed by K/DA's rapper Akali (Soyeon of (G)I-dle), True Damage is a virtual hip-hop group that fuses the raw vocal talents of Ekko (Thutmose, Duckwrth), Senna (Keke Palmer), and Qiyana (Becky G) with Yasuo's cutting-edge production."

Am I the only one who missed out on this banger

That subtle little banger that ex-Chocolat Tia released a while ago, No More is now out on spotify and other streaming services.

Thanks, Peru and questionmark

q, I appreciate that like me you also link the vids you post in addition to embedding them. I know it takes more time to do and can be annoying, but wish more people would do that too.

It's particularly clutch when some vids are blocked from being viewed outside of YouTube, or if someone is using a device or browser that won't properly support embedded media playback.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
- How many members of J-Line will be in the top 3 of the Twice rank this year?

- Can Chaeyoung clinch 7th place, or is the 8th slot the highest she'll ever reach?

- Jihyo has been beasting, but Nayeon has been underrated and consistently putting in work. Will both be top 5 or does someone get upset by Dahyun?
You can find out...

IN 30 MINUTES (hopefully there is no delays this time, I think I have the setup figured out now)

Last edited:

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Neither am I.

Mina still got robbed, but I can accept Sana as no. 1 as it's actually really hard to place a hard rank on most Twice members.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm still not over Tzuyu being last.

3OAcM0w.gif

The disrespect to the girl who can create an insane worldwide buzz with just one gif, when will your faves?

bFiwqek.gif

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
So shook. Major changes in the rankings...

...for the bottom 3. Congrats Chaeyoung. Rip Chewy. Clearly nobody (edit: except Delphine and poklane) appreciates her savage maknae charms.

Thanks for your efforts llehuty as always.

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
q, I appreciate that like me you also link the vids you post in addition to embedding them. I know it takes more time to do and can be annoying, but wish more people would do that too.

It's particularly clutch when some vids are blocked from being viewed outside of YouTube, or if someone is using a device or browser that won't properly support embedded media playback.
Ohhh, so that's why you do that!

I never check the videos embeded, but clicking on the title in the embed takes you directly to youtube anyway.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Felt like this warranted another post so sorry for double posting.

On the 11th, an official from Mnet told News1, "While it is true that IZ*ONE's comeback has been postponed, there have been no discussions regarding their disbandment."

The official continued, "we are currently discussing about their future promotion plans, but nothing has been decided so far. We are currently watching the investigation closely."

Earlier in the day, a media outlet (dongA) reported that IZ*ONE and X1 were in the process of disbanding. Apparently, each members' agencies were talking about pulling members from the group. However, Mnet said there was no actual discussion regarding disbandment.

Dedicated WIZ*ONE

One fan of IZ*ONE who apparently went to pray in the Bongeunsa Temple amidst controversies is making headlines on the internet.

A netizen posted yesterday, "I went to Bongeunsa Temple and prayed 108 times, asking Buddha to help us."

The netizen was thinking of ways to help IZ*ONE and decided to go to Bongeunsa Temple, which was near his dorm. He prayed 108 times.

He added, "My clouded mind seems to be clearer after doing something like this." He believes that nothing bad will happen to IZ*ONE and that he will be able to meet them with a happy smile soon.

A photo in the post showed a roof tile (often used as offerings in Buddhist prayers) with all the members' names written and this phrase: "I pray that these kids, who've been working hard for the past year, will walk on a 'flower road' in the future."

Some comments on the post include, "I hope your prayers will be heard," and "this is incredible."

Police Report News:
Postponed to Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the cyber safety division of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency said it will hold a briefing on the investigation into the "Produce" series on Wednesday, although it cannot disclose the progress of the investigation as it constitutes a disclosure of the facts of the suspicion. Attention is focusing on whether the original data, which was strongly requested by viewers, will be released as the police announced a related briefing in person

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.