• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Fumo

Oct 27, 2017
Went to Fany's concert last night in Houston with my little brother. She had a runny nose and was feeling a bit under the weather but was still amazing to see live. She kept a tissue stuffed in her top to wipe her nose a few times, but eventually said, "Fuck it" and tossed it away resulting in some cheering from the audience. Not sure where it landed though.

The setlist was great. A good mix of covers and her original songs. The live band playing along was also a really nice touch. Tons of people were singing along, and her crowd engagement was pretty much what you'd expect given her personality and experience.

Not sure if it was sold out or not, but there was a pretty good turnout for a smaller venue. Speaking of the venue, it's mixed into a residential area. After we parked, some fool a couple of spots over totally backed into somebody's fence with his ridiculously huge truck. The look on the parking attendant's face and audible gasp was priceless. 🤣

Anyways, we had a blast, and I hope she's feeling better for tonight's show in Dallas.

Side note: I completely forgot KARD was in Houston a few weeks ago until someone in the audience mentioned going, but it looks like they had a good turnout as well.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
man I don't see how you go on jk news even if you are friends with them.

they're like one of the most ignorant channels around and they don't give af who they piss off.

Amber should have known better. but also yikes cause that was racist and she can't even try to back off from that. It was clear as day. I hope she learns from all this but who knows.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest—she never had a real chance in American anyway. Her lyrics are pretty bad and her voice/style isn't memorable enough. Tiffany or CL would make it before her and even they have uphill battles.

But yeah, that's just a bad look. Not surprising though since a lot of these idols live in a bubble and you still have some of them doing racist impressions as jokes.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
She responded to this clip:

with this:

The clip of her quote.

Thus, this apology.

Yikes...

Sadly I think she probably got desensitized to racism after so long in Korea. Asia has a almost systematic racist view on darker skin-colours, even though they don't see it like that.

Ie, Chinese washing machine commercials, Japanese use of black sterotypes in manga etc.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amber cancelling herself...truly a dismal year for K-Pop and it seems like it'll never end.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yikes...

Sadly I think she probably got desensitized to racism after so long in Korea. Asia has a almost systematic racist view on darker skin-colours, even though they don't see it like that.

Ie, Chinese washing machine commercials, Japanese use of black sterotypes in manga etc.
Nah, don't be giving this girl outs.

Amber went to Korea at 17 and she's been back in LA mostly since 2015.

This all on her.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Amber cancelling herself...truly a dismal year for K-Pop and it seems like it'll never end.
I blame Seungri and YG J/K's

I'm a Kpop'er of many Fandom and i'm going to say: G-Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, and Daesung it's time to bring Kpop back together again in 2020. With Minzy, Bom, now CL leaving YG, and hopefully Dara follow soon after her contract it's time to bring Kpop back together again. TaeTae BAE time to call up the girls and comeback as OT8+1 if you can ^_^. V.I.P, Blackjack, and Soshi united; LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

I'm a Kpop'er of many Fandom and i'm going to say: G-Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, and Daesung it's time to bring Kpop back together again in 2020. With Minzy, Bom, now CL leaving YG, and hopefully Dara follow soon after her contract it's time to bring Kpop back together again. TaeTae BAE time to call up the girls and comeback as OT8+1 if you can ^_^. V.I.P, Blackjack, and Soshi united; LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!
but...the_future_refused_to_change.png

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

There are dozens of us! I don't expect GD and the rest of them to make a comeback until next year.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Don't be a joykill FAM; I'm trying to brighten up the mood of Kpop'er whom been down lately when comes to Kpop like myself. Let me have some fun would ya *Wink*
There are dozens of us! I don't expect GD and the rest of them to make a comeback until next year.
I think I stated 2020 didn't I lol ^_^. I hope GD and the rest of the gang can open their own label and take all the YG artist in the dungeon with them ^_^

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Yejin Describes Manager's Dangerous Driving As A Reason She Left Brave Girls

Thought this was worth posting since Yejin was a thread favourite back in the day.

At the time, she sent the footage [of her manager's dangerous driving] to her parents, who were angry and contacted the agency to notify them and ask them to pay attention to the situation. However, they were told, "Don't tell us what to do. This is none of your business." Yejin's parents then told her to leave the company.

"I decided I couldn't put it up with it anymore, and there were various complicated things so I left," she said. "That was the last straw that made me leave."

It may have taken several years to come to light but it's always interesting to hear the real reasons that somebody decided to quit K-pop.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just like a couple of other members here, I attended the Tiffany Young concert this past weekend, and I loved it. They told us she was sick, but that had to be a lie. She looked and sounded amazing. She's so silly and ended the show in one of the funniest ways possible. She started singing "okay, I have to go" while stroking the moon. I loved how she interacted with the crowd. Crowd would yell "Queen" "Work It", and she would smile and tell us to stop in a joking manner.

Crowd was great and full of energy. Very friendly as well. That's one of the positives about the K-Pop crowd. Regardless of how they act online, they're very approachable in person. One person kept yelling "STAN LOONA" which I found hilarious.

A few pictures:

Signed Poster:

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
<Tiffany Young concert and crowd impressions>

One person kept yelling "STAN LOONA" which I found hilarious.
Dying.

From last night, by the by.

How was this?
With NCT and WayV having had Asia promotions that overlap with SuperM's tour, this has to be very tiring. Can't imagine when Mark sleeps since he's in every group on SME's roster.

Definitely a fun and upbeat song, albeit a bit generic. I would put both Save Me, Save You and Dreams Come Through above it.
Also doesn't beat their best song either:

<'Secret'>
Those three are all in their top tier, but in a relative sense 'Secret' was their first "big tune."
'Dreams Come True' is also one of the best anime intro songs ever released by a K-Pop group.

Yejin Describes Manager's Dangerous Driving As A Reason She Left Brave Girls

Thought this was worth posting since Yejin was a thread favourite back in the day.

[...]

It may have taken several years to come to light but it's always interesting to hear the real reasons that somebody decided to quit K-pop.
Yeah, I remember Yejin being a standout here... errr, back there? I don't even recall a fake reason for her leaving the group, just seemed to vanish from Brave Girls. Can't say she made a bad choice, though.

On one hand they never had much of a push and spent a lot of time in limbo. On the other hand they gave us the greatness that is 'Deepened,' post-Yejin.

브레이브걸스 - 변했어 공식 뮤직 비디오 / Brave Girls - Deepened Official Music Video

I've been playing this on repeat for the last two weeks imo it's one of their best songs.
'You Calling My Name' is good stuff. Heh, a year later and I still have 'I Am Me' on repeat sometimes.

This song is a gem.

GOT7-I AM ME comeback stage mix - GOT7(갓세븐)-I AM ME 무대영상 교차편집

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
How was this?
With NCT and WayV having had Asia promotions that overlap with SuperM's tour, this has to be very tiring. Can't imagine when Mark sleeps since he's in every group on SME's roster.

Very good! They did all the tracks from the ep interspersed with some solo tracks. Taemin did Danger and Flame of Love, Ten did Dream in a Dream and New Heroes, Taeyong did a new song (GTA), Lucas did Bass Go Boom (new song?), Baekhyun did UN Village and Betcha, Mark had a song called Talk About, and Kai had a new solo called Confession. Had great seats and I appreciated that it was only an hour and a half long.

---

Way V need to calm down.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.