• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Just thought I'd give a heads up since I helped compile the mid year rankings but I'm not sure if I will be able to do the end of the year rankings. I've thought about it the last couple weeks and I've been super down. It could change but if anyone else wants to do it this year go ahead!

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just thought I'd give a heads up since I helped compile the mid year rankings but I'm not sure if I will be able to do the end of the year rankings. I've thought about it the last couple weeks and I've been super down. It could change but if anyone else wants to do it this year go ahead!
I'm not volunteering, but thanks for all the effort, cheers.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to watch Produce 101 before MNET deletes it from the internet. Wow, Sejeong came out as the boss ever since she showed up on camera.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be making three lists: Top singles of 2019, Top B-Sides/Japanese/English, and the decade.

My biggest problem will be picking one GG and one 2NE1 song. I Got A Boy is iconic, but Lion Heart is one of their finest songs.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
OMG how have I never heard of this group?

Looking back, SNSD must have diverted a lot of resources from them in 2009.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Is Polaris really giving LOONA the BLACKPINK treatment of one comeback per year? That's absolute clownery with a group with such potential.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
At first I was heh about As You Wish, now I kinda like it. I think it still kinda disappointed me, but I think it can grow on me still.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
You'd think in a year where you have the first girl group to perform at Coachella, you'd want to capitalize on that exposure and maybe put out some new shit... You'd think.

Oct 27, 2017
I've made my peace. After coachella, after the billion view milestone, after the award nominations, its just ineptitude of management at this point. Even after their concert tour. Capitalize on something

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't imagine them releasing anything until there done with there japan tour.

Realistically they should be working on a full album that there gonna fully promote and release after said tour but you can never predict YG's management lol

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will give YG credit for actually releasing new material before their Coachella performance. You would have imagined they would keep the momentum going after that though.

Anyways, Billboard posted their 100 songs that defined the decade, and three K-pop songs are included.

BTS - I Need U
Girls' Generation - I Got A Boy
PSY - Gangnam Style

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'd have liked to see I AM THE BEST there as well, but that's a solid selection.

Honestly, I AM THE BEST not being on that list, but seeing IGAB or whatever that BTS song is being there, kind of make me go "whack!".
I AM THE BEST is still, to this day, my morning ring tone. Song is just too goddamn iconic.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't really understand why they chose that specific BTS song as it is one of their more forgettable singles. Gangnam makes sense and I like the inclusion of IGAB

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really understand why they chose that specific BTS song as it is one of their more forgettable singles. Gangnam makes sense and I like the inclusion of IGAB
It's probably because that was the first song BTS released where they changed their sound direction from hip hop to a more pop sound. They had their first win in Korea with it too. In a way it started their path toward where they are now. I would've picked Blood, Sweat, and Tears though; I feel that was when they really blew up.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Each song has an article (just recently learned this). Just like it was already explained here, they mentioned the song was basically the start of their international fame among other things like series/concept albums.

I Am The Best would have been a solid pick as well.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Jopping is a hot mess of a song. It's not cohesive at all. The individual pieces are good though so it's still listenable.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they keep doing nothing about it, it has no reason to get any better this year or the next.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, I have no words. I try my best not to criticize other cultures, but something seriously needs to change over there. Like I know celebrities commit suicide over here too, but it usually seems different. There it just seems like society has failed them and mental health isn't being dealt with properly. Like it's more stigmatized, and it also seems like they're taught to take things more personal. Like when there's a "scandal" they apologize for making their fans worry. It seems all about putting others feelings above yours to protect the status quo.

Idk. I'm ranting. This is so sad 😞

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just... no words. I don't even have the heart to retweet anythinf related to her passing. Feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that age of kpop is depressing now. That's at least 3 suicides now? Man once their group ends they should completely get the fuck out of the industry :(

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Hara

For a moment, it seemed like she was getting better and overcoming her hardships with her Japanese comeback, but Sulli's unfortunate death may have hit her very hard.

Kara was one of the first K-Pop groups I discovered and fell in love with. This is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.