• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been hearing GOT7's You Calling My Name on the radio lately. It does have that sound that appeals to the western audience. Definitely one of their best songs.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a disappointment after Tempo and Loveshot. I kept waiting for the killer hook part to show up, but it never did and the song just kinda drags along which is weird given how hard it's trying to go.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of the new EXO song, but I like that SM has been trying different things with their artists this year.

It fits in the same vein as Zimzalabim and Jopping, in terms of being jarring and familiar at the same time.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Damn I need to stop sleeping, Hynn just made a new fan out of me and just emotionally wrecked me too T_T

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Gotta love how not releasing a single for a couple months warrants calling the next release a comeback. Their last song was this year.

That's how kpop works. Unique to Blackpink. Every new release by kpoo artists are always referred to as "comebacks".

They even call it "comeback stage" when they do their tv performance of new singles.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's how kpop works. Unique to Blackpink. Every new release by kpoo artists are always referred to as "comebacks".

They even call it "comeback stage" when they do their tv performance of new singles.

I know, but I don't think it will ever not sound dumb to me. I follow a lot of (not k-pop) artists that often take 5 or more years for an album, so it's kinda hilarious to me that if a k-pop artist releases a new single after 8 months it's a grand comeback.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I know, but I don't think it will ever not sound dumb to me. I follow a lot of (not k-pop) artists that often take 5 or more years for an album, so it's kinda hilarious to me that if a k-pop artist releases a new single after 8 months it's a grand comeback.

Oh I totally agree on the dumb part :p

Also, it's interesting to see you both in the kpop and F1 threads haha

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Momoland is basically Crayon Pop 2.0. Totally ruined by a small company that wasn't prepared for a successful group.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't enjoy Zimzalabim or Jopping too much, but I'm obsessed by that new Exo track. That bassline, the harmonisations, the piano, it's absolutely gorgeous. It does sound a bit like an NCT 127 track so if they're not your thing I could see why someone would be disappointed.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Long time not been here since i got banned for two weeks which was pretty ironic because it wont be the last time i get banned here 😅😅

Btw for breaking news

Kinda excited and disappointed at the same time. December is a holiday season and usually the sales is a bit weaker than usual

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Gotta love how not releasing a single for a couple months warrants calling the next release a comeback. Their last song was this year.
It is actually a reference to comeback stage, a term from tv music show. There even used to be a goodbye stage as a final performance to that song, and farewell stage as an official goodbye to an artist or group (usually disbandment)

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Long time not been here since i got banned for two weeks which was pretty ironic because it wont be the last time i get banned here 😅😅

Btw for breaking news

Kinda excited and disappointed at the same time. December is a holiday season and usually the sales is a bit weaker than usual

The Return of Christmas Queen BoA!!!!!!!!!!!!!: The White White Snow's Coming Tonight,
Make A Wish Upon Your Kiss

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Yet another person claims 'I was almost in SNSD'. FFS pls stop says Taeyeon.

On the November 28 episode of [MBN's "Voice Queen"], contestant Hong Min Ji introduced herself as "a former SM Entertainment trainee from about 17 years ago who almost became a member of Girls' Generation."

The next day, Taeyeon posted the following message on her Instagram story:

"In order to debut in the group Girls' Generation, the eight of us put everything on the line and gave our all from a very long time ago; it is not a group that was hastily put together in one day. While it's true that efforts were made to put together the best possible members, we spent a long time together before we were first shown to the general public, and the group [Girls' Generation] is not like a bus station that anyone could just stop by while passing through.

I would appreciate it if people with whom we have no recollection of sweating [and working hard] together—unless the members' memories are falsely altered—would refrain from surprising and confounding us by using the name Girls' Generation."

That Jessica shade though.

WJSN LUDA's Wish Counseling

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
As a example about the machine of success simply feeding itself regardless what you put in.

The Melon Music Awards 2019 Winners:

Best Artist of the Year (Daesang) | BTS
Best Record of the Year (Daesang) | BTS - 'Map of the Soul: Persona'
Best Album of the Year (Daesang) | BTS - 'Map of the Soul: Persona'
Best Song of the Year (Daesang) BTS - "Boy with Luv"
Best New Artist Award (Male) | TXT
Best New Artist Award (Female) | ITZY
Hot Trend Award | AB6IX
Netizen Popularity Award | BTS - "Boy with Luv"
Songwriter Award | Pdogg for BTS's "Boy with Luv"
Stage of the Year Award | Seventeen
Best Dance Award (Male) | BTS - "Boy with Luv"
Best Dance Award (Female) | Kim Chung Ha - "Gotta Go"
Best Ballad Award | Taeyeon - "Four Seasons"
Best Rap/Hip Hop Award | Epik High - "Lovedrunk" feat. Crush
Best Trot Award | Hong Jin Young - "Love Tonight"
Best R&B/Soul Award | Heize - "We Don't Talk Together"
Best Indie Award | Melomance - "You&I"
Best Rock Award | N.Flying - "Rooftop"
Best OST Award | Gummy - "Remember Me" from 'Hotel Del Luna'
Best Pop Award | Billie Eilish - "Bad Guy"
Best Movie Video Award | Kang Daniel - "What Are You Up To"
1theK Performance Award | The Boyz
Kakao Hot Star Award | BTS
Top 10 Awards | Heize | Bolbbalgan4 | BTS | Kim Chung Ha | MAMAMOO | MC the Max | EXO | Jannabi | Jang Bum Joon | Taeyeon

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Jannabi and N.Flying are the only acts there who aren't already massive in the industry/popular from shows/backed by big agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.