• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Best record is something new from this year? What's even the difference with album.
It's something the grammies do too. Their explanation:

"record" means a particular recorded song, not its composition

So it's more like a technical award that goes to the the performing artist, the producer, recording engineer and/or mixer for that song, while the "song of the year" goes to the composers of the song.

Probbaly not the same for MMA, but I guess that along those lines.

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
It's something the grammies do too. Their explanation:

So it's more like a technical award that goes to the the performing artist, the producer, recording engineer and/or mixer for that song, while the "song of the year" goes to the composers of the song.

Probbaly not the same for MMA, but I guess that along those lines.
Must be that, but for the whole album.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

As a hardcore WIZ*ONE, I can't help it but panic when I see this.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Shame, because if they shift the group for the real rankings, folks are absolutely going to hate the replacements.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It's either one of two outcomes: either reveal the real lineup and disband the two groups, or conceal the real lineup and move on with promoting the two groups. No way they're revealing the real lineup and keep promoting IZ*ONE and X1.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
It's either one of two outcomes: either reveal the real lineup and disband the two groups, or conceal the real lineup and move on with promoting the two groups. No way they're revealing the real lineup and keep promoting IZ*ONE and X1.

I think they will keep the current lineups, reveal who should have made it to the groups (without revealing who should have not been in the group) and compensate them (maybe put them into a new group or show?). That way they get to say sorry to the ones that didn't get in but also not single out the ones that are still in the line up.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I think they will keep the current lineups, reveal who should have made it to the groups (without revealing who should have not been in the group) and compensate them (maybe put them into a new group or show?). That way they get to say sorry to the ones that didn't get in but also not single out the ones that are still in the line up.

Nah, no way the members who weren't supposed to be part of the group will ever get any peace if that happens.

Oct 27, 2017
For those that use Spotify, Wrapped is coming out on the 5th. I'm a big fan of tracking entertainment usage/consumption so I'm pretty excited. Definitely listened to more music this year.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Rewind is nice, but nothing special.

Done could have been something if not for that utterly baffling choice of a beat.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
If this was two of the best songs she wrote in the past three years, or representative of her overall output in that time, it kind of makes sense why YG wasn't willing to push anything out.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Kang Daniel and Xiyeon both posted some really worrying messages on Social media

In Daniel's case he officially pulled out of future activities to take a break like Mina did, his company made an announcement citing depression and that they wanted him to be able to work on his mental health in peace. I hope he's able to get what he needs.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
CL's songs are chill enough for me to add them to my playlist, even if they're not amazing either, I'm just happy she's back.
Also her MV for Done is full of great cameos, it's heart-warming to watch it, all the support she received it amazing!

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TGDg6JJ.gif

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Unlike some people calling it a snoozefest, Why not appreciate and welcome her voice back after a long time smh

CL's songs are chill enough for me to add them to my playlist, even if they're not amazing either, I'm just happy she's back.
Also her MV for Done is full of great cameos, it's heart-warming to watch it, all the support she received it amazing!

Anyways, How I miss her unique sound. WELCOME BACK QUEEN!!!

Last edited:

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I actually like CL's songs a lot. They are not bops that get stuck in the head but they are pleasant to listen to.

Also. Mamamoo were fantastic during MAMA

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike some people calling it a snoozefest, Why not appreciate and welcome her voice back after a long time smh

Anyways, How I miss her unique sound. WELCOME BACK QUEEN!!!

LOL I'm not calling it a snoozefest wtf... I'm responding to the guy who always posts quick takes shitting on Teddy at every turn.

This was in no way, shape or form an attack or criticism on CL's song nor on her

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I think there's a difference between disliking a producer, and disliking a producer while making sure everybody knows how much one dislikes a producer at every single slightest opportunity to say so no matter how far of a stretch it would be to mention them at times. When you're doing the latter, it's no surprise people get tired of this shtick real quick.

Here's a relevant tweet I've recently seen going around about this kind of behavior:

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eh you can dislike whomever you just dont have to take constant cheap shots just to get a shot in edgewise. Comes off petty
I mean... he literally produced most (all?) of CL's songs. It's the only reason I brought it up, lol.

I think there's a difference between disliking a producer, and disliking a producer while making sure everybody knows how much one dislikes a producer at every single slightest opportunity to say so no matter how far of a stretch it would be to mention them at times. When you're doing the latter, it's no surprise people get tired of this shtick real quick.

Here's a relevant tweet I've recently seen going around about this kind of behavior:

But enough about you and Zimzalabim.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh ok. Do you dislike his CL productions as well? Or just his more recent efforts? I'd be more curious about what you thought of his past efforts working with her than a quick sentence!
I like MTBD and Hello Bitches a bit less. My biggest issue with him is reusing old demos and generally releasing the same kind of songs over and over. I think Blackpink is very talented and I wish they'd get the chance to work with other producers, like R.Tee who released a fantastic song with Anda earlier this year.

Oct 27, 2017
I like MTBD and Hello Bitches a bit less. My biggest issue with him is reusing old demos and generally releasing the same kind of songs over and over. I think Blackpink is very talented and I wish they'd get the chance to work with other producers, like R.Tee who released a fantastic song with Anda earlier this year.

I see your position better and understand it more now. Apologies if I came off aggressive and I agree that YG needs to utilize more than just one producer for sure.

I see that R. Tee helped out with Don't Know What To Do which is my favorite B-side of the year so that's cool.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I see your position better and understand it more now. Apologies if I came off aggressive and I agree that YG needs to utilize more than just one producer for sure.

I see that R. Tee helped out with Don't Know What To Do which is my favorite B-side of the year so that's cool.
Don't worry about it. :)

I haven't listened to that song, let me check it out.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going back on my previous statement of not compiling everyone's lists for 2019!

I'm back on board. I need to look up what releases are still slated for this month but yea, if people want to start submitting their lists, I will start the excel sheet.

If you would prefer to keep your list private, feel free to shoot me a message

Edit: I was thinking we could make it a top 20 list of 2019 to get more lesser known acts highlighted or just to expand on the idea in general. I'm currently working on my top 20

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going back on my previous statement of not compiling everyone's lists for 2019!

I'm back on board. I need to look up what releases are still slated for this month but yea, if people want to start submitting their lists, I will start the excel sheet.

If you would prefer to keep your list private, feel free to shoot me a message

Is it a top 5 or a top 10?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Wew, I'll have to think long and hard about my list to be honest, but I'm glad you're willing to do it juicyb, I'll gladly participate!

Status
Not open for further replies.