• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017

Highlights:
- Red Velvet international promotion
- Possible new NCT subunit
- Individual projects from SNSD & Shinee members
- Repackaged SUJU album
- EXO domestic and international concerts
- New GG debut

I look forward to finding out if Koeuns ears have gotten any larger.

These are SM Rookies that afaik are still in SM:

Koeun (Korean)

tumblr_oolm98sFJs1vz2gbvo3_500.gif

Hina (Japanese (maybe half-Korean, can't recall))

tumblr_oe5bnguT7T1vgttbwo3_400.gif

Ning Ning (Chinese)

tumblr_odrqahWZpZ1ux9eqho1_r1_400.gif

Lami (Korean)

81.gif

And Jimin from Taemins Want mv is widely believed to be an SM Rookie

Nrv8QJ7.gif

While the following are no longer in SM:

Yiyang

sm-rookies-girls.jpg

Jungyeon

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f68653037766e79736455676671673d3d2d3531303131343532342e313530323262393235616262343732623536353730353235323937312e6a7067

Herin

tumblr_p61vqiAKaL1wfxdnto3_400.png

Last edited:

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I look forward to finding out if Koeuns ears have gotten any larger.

These are SM Rookies that afaik are still in SM:

Koeun (Korean)

tumblr_oolm98sFJs1vz2gbvo3_500.gif

Hina (Japanese (maybe half-Korean, can't recall))

tumblr_oe5bnguT7T1vgttbwo3_400.gif

Ning Ning (Chinese)

tumblr_odrqahWZpZ1ux9eqho1_r1_400.gif

Lami (Korean)

81.gif

And Jimin from Taemins Want mv is widely believed to be an SM Rookie

Nrv8QJ7.gif

While the following are no longer in SM:

Yiyang

sm-rookies-girls.jpg

Jungyeon

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f68653037766e79736455676671673d3d2d3531303131343532342e313530323262393235616262343732623536353730353235323937312e6a7067

Herin

tumblr_p61vqiAKaL1wfxdnto3_400.png
Too bad yiyang is not in Sm anymore, because i think im gonna stan her after debut. Im fond of her fierce eyes, remind me of little BoA

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Really looking forward to seeing what SM can bring to the table in terms of a new girl group. It's a shame Yiyang won't be a part of it though.

My Top 10 for 2019:

1. Red Velvet - Zimzalabim
2. Dok2 - Lobby
3. Everglow - Bon Bon Chocolat
4. Sunmi - Noir (love this MV)
5. IU - Love Poem
6. Itzy - Icy
7. Red Velvet - Psycho
8. Primary - Bad High (feat. Jade)
9. Primary - Woozoo (feat. Sumin, Qim Isle)
10. Minsu - Minsu is Confused

Honourable Mentions:

Hwasa & Woogie - In the Fall
Youra - Dance

Noteworthy B-Sides:

Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up!
Everglow - Hush
Loona - Where You At
Love X Stereo - Free Fall

Best "J"-Pop:

Red Velvet - Sappy

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
It's been very difficult, and I'm still not 100% sure of the placement of several songs, because it's really hard to classify and grade them when they elicit such different sides of my personality and of my range of taste, that some part of this ranking would change depending on the mood I'm in while making it. It's interesting to see some songs I put in the mid-year ranking fell off a lot, because I didn't replay them a lot in the 2nd part of the year, while others had a little bit more consistency in the long term, and even emerged a bit more victorious than they initially were.

Top 20:
1/ Hyuna - Flower Shower It was love as first listen, and exactly what I needed when I needed it.
2/ ITZY - ICY Energetic and self-love message, fun and catchy, I thoroughly enjoyed this comeback!
3/ WEKI MEKI - Tiki-Taka Best Summer song of 2019, and that's just a fact. It's perfect!
4/ LOONA - Butterfly This song's appeal didn't fade away over time and it's a pleasure to go back to it every time, so fresh and peaceful!
5/ Chungha - Gotta Go Longevity is what makes this song still holding on strong on top 5 of this ranking. Truly a stand-out of 2019!
6/ BVNDIT - Dramatic Barely an official release, don't have a legit MV and yet their best song by far, came back to it over and over again, still not bored of it!
7/ TWICE - Feel Special The song, the message of the song, the MV, the feelings, everything clicked with me. Twice is maturing, and I'm 100% here for it!
8/ SuperM - Jopping I expected nothing out of this, and still was served the hypest song of 2019. Mark Lee everyone, nuff said.
9/ Limesoda - Wave They're on nobody's radar, too nugu to be noticed, and yet delivered such a precious gem of a song. I can't get enough of it.
10/ CLC - No Badass feminist Kpop anthem of 2019, CLC is teaching women to say "NO!" and to love themselves no matter what, and I'm here for it.

11/ Taeyeon - Spark Such a hopeful inspiring anthem, it's lowkey but still so powerful and touching. Please little flame, shine brightly for years to come!
12/ APINK - Eung Eung Didn't replay it as much as I have during the 1st part of the year, but I still come back to it with excitement. It delivers.
13/ BLACKPINK - Kill This Love Sometimes you in the mood for badassness, and thankfully this song delivers. Didn't age as well as other BP songs though.
14/ HA:TFELT - Happy Now I think this was too lowkey for a lot to notice, but HA:TFELT really served this chill upbeat break up song and I loved it a lot!
15/ (G)I-DLE - LION Didn't think I'd love this song so much, but I do. It has an interesting unique construction that is surprising but still works so well.
16/ Red Velvet - Psycho Thought it'd be higher, but while verses are perfect, the chorus are a bit too monotonous. Still best RV song of the year by a landslide.
17/ Mamamoo - HIP Didn't care for it upon release. And fell in love with it more than a month after, surprised that... I actually like it a lot? I do.
18/ Sunmi - Noir Still a bop, even if far from Sunmi's best songs, but I still enjoy this enough.
19/ ITZY - Dalla Dalla Biggest dip from my mid-year ranking, for sure. I've exhausted myself over-listening to it, I think. Still love it a lot though.
20/ WJSN - As You Wish WJSN really tried this year, and while the three songs didn't fully stuck their landing, this one is closest to being top tier.

Honorable Mentions:
Taemin - Want Taemin doing Taemin, and being sexy and sultry all he wants, I'm forever here for that. Not nearly as good as Move, but worth mentioning.
Lee Hi - No One Still a great replay, still fresh and loving Lee Hi's voice still. Too bad she released this in the midst of the YGE scandal.
Somi - Birthday Even though it wasn't as good as I hoped it'd be, I replayed it a lot, and it defo grows on you a lot.
Twice - Fancy I was real excited for Fancy, to see Twice's musical grow. Upon release, I was disappointed to see it was just a halfassed growth. But now I think it was another step towards the maturity that Feel Special developed, and in retrospect, and I'm very glad it exists.
Hinapia - Drip Drip is good, but not great, it's missing that little something for it to be truly great. Still worthy of mention though.
R.Tee x Anda - What You Waiting For Underrated bop that nobody expected, but still delivered enough to be memorable. Good work-out song!
Hwasa - Twit It wasn't love at first time, I needed time for this song to grow on me. And it did. It's nice and cute, and defo a highlight of 2019.
JYP - Fever Controversial choice here, but I love when JYP goes the goofy entertaining way, and he delivered here! It's just a fun song and I enjoy it.
AB6IX - Breathe That chorus is really delivering, such a good chorus it uplifts the whole song enough for me to notice it and replay it.
Oh My Girl - Bungee Not OMG at their top, but definitely good enough for me to enjoy it happily and have a smile listening to this!

Best Japanese Release by a Korean Artist:
Taeyeon - I Do No MV, no promotion, but I'll be damned if that ain't the very best song Taeyeon delivered in 2019. Too bad I can't put it in my top20!

Overall 2019 has been such a good year in Kpop, so many releases that were worth noticing and replaying, I'm pretty satisfied with this year, for sure. So many of it, I'm even lowkey afraid I have forgotten some hidden gems here and there, but it's life. But yeah, here it is. Now let's hope for an even better 2020 in terms of Kpop music, very excited to see what this year will bring!

EDIT: Put them all in a playlist, here goes!

Last edited:

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
6/ BVNDIT - Dramatic Barely an official release, don't have a legit MV and yet their best song by far, came back to it over and over again, still not bored of it!
Damn. This song wasn't even on my radar, but their voices are so good! One of those cases where I think a decent song is elevated hugely by the individual performances within it.

It's kind of the inverse of one of the songs that will probably be on my list, Nature's I'm So Pretty: a song I love that gets downgraded a few spots because nobody really sounds distinctive. That's probably more the producer's fault than the members'. Shame, because even an overproduced, kind-of-gimmicky song can let the members stand out--like my #1 from last year: April's My Mistake.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

Happier Sera being adorable while reacting to Red Velvet's new song. Her reactions are so good because when she likes something, she does not hide that shit at all lol. She starts fangirling out like nobody's business and it's amazing.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
SM why do you do dis to me. I can't keep up, how do AKB48 fans do it.

NCT 127 is the main group. NCT Dream the under 19-20 group.

NCT U is just a random melange and doesn't really count.

So it's just two groups in reality. Well, three if you count Way V, but they have a different channel, label, and everything.

NCT 127 - The original group
NCT Dream - the youngins
WayV - Chinese
NCT U - Not actually a group, just a title they use for one-off collabs

The new group will be the former NCT Dream kids probably, because they're too old for the group's concept, with the current class of SM male rookies ending up in Dream.

Deleted member 42102

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
NCT 127 is the main group. NCT Dream the under 19-20 group.

NCT U is just a random melange and doesn't really count.

So it's just two groups in reality. Well, three if you count Way V, but they have a different channel, label, and everything.

NCT 127 - The original group
NCT Dream - the youngins
WayV - Chinese
NCT U - Not actually a group, just a title they use for one-off collabs

The new group will be the former NCT Dream kids probably, because they're too old for the group's concept, with the current class of SM male rookies ending up in Dream.

Oh no I already got everybody in WayV, Dream and 127 memorized now. My brain just gives up once more than 5 members are in a group lol. Hoping you're right and they don't split up the Dream boys.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
NCT U have given us my two favorite NCT track overall (Baby Don't Stop and Boss), so I consider them top tier NCT unit along NCT Dream who delivered a lot of great jams too. To me, NCT 127 is the unit I don't vibe much with thus far (I only ever like Limitless, and even then, it's not as good as U & Dream stuff to me).

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017

Happier Sera being adorable while reacting to Red Velvet's new song. Her reactions are so good because when she likes something, she does not hide that shit at all lol. She starts fangirling out like nobody's business and it's amazing.

I saw this yesterday too, I think Sera reaction is genuine due to her veteran idol experience. I MISS 9MUSES T_T
I like NCT U tracks! They're just random! Like this Station track is "NCT U" because it's four NCT 127 members.

NCT 127 suppose to be main NCT unit right but why do I like this song more then any of NCT127 provides?

This is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
SM why do you do dis to me. I can't keep up, how do AKB48 fans do it.
Oh no I already got everybody in WayV, Dream and 127 memorized now. My brain just gives up once more than 5 members are in a group lol. Hoping you're right and they don't split up the Dream boys.
I couldn't be bother to learn everyone and maybe just a few. Whenever I see a NCT whatever unit release new music I just categorize them as the same group. If the music is good then it goes into my playlist and if the music is bad I don't put in my playlist lol

Last edited:

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't posted here in a while, but wanted to post some 2019 k-pop that may have been a bit underrated but are truly some of my faves

ONF - We Must Love

ONF is a group with a very strong artistic direction. Their music is produced by Monotree, in particular Hyun Hwang who does their title tracks and is very passionate about giving them quite unique productions. 'We Must Love' is extremely catchy and it conveys this message of longing so wel. Every time this song comes on shuffle it's a full-on moment. They had another comeback this year with Why which needs several listens for it to click, but it's also quite interesting. Though I think they pushed it a bit too far with that one. It's clear a lot of thought went into it, but it's a bit too experimental. They can start experimenting when they get more than 5 fans, meanwhile I prefer the catchy bops. Also listen to Complete from 2018, and all their b-sides are good.​

G-Reyish - KKILI KKILI

This is an absolute club banger and had probably the most mis-matched MV in terms of concept. Why they tried to brand this as a summer song I don't know. When you watch their performances though it's a real treat, the choreo is something fierce and the cutesy vocals with that heavy club beat gives me big T-ara vibes. Biggest surprise of the year.​

Pink Fantasy - Fantasy

At first glance a 'Dreamcatcher lite' but the song hits different than DC songs, even more to the j-pop side. It's a great track, and this group has a really interesting line-up of members. It's very diverse and each one of them has their own vibe, but they work really well together. One of them is also a bunny which keeps the others hostage.​

JBJ95 - SPARK

Omg I love JBJ95 and pretty much all of their music. Don't hump them together with the broduce spin-off group JBJ that they were in. They are a permanent duo with very high quality songs. The combo of a vocal/rapper works well. This song SPARK is such a chill Carly Rae Jepsen-esque production I don't know how else to describe it.​
SF9 - The Beat Goes On
A b-side from their comeback in february. It's such a chill song and really well produced.

ONEUS - Valkyrie
HIGH Quality rookies, with a very cool sound. I love everything they've released this year, but their debut was really strong.​
Apink - %%(Eung Eung)
If you're not obsessed with this song there's something wrong with you. #justiceforapink​

And other songs that are also amazing but I'm not gonna write a flavor text for:

- All of Dreamcatcher
- Eyedi - &new
- Dia - Woowa
- YUKIKA - Cherries Jubiles
- RUANN - Beep Beep

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't even be bothered to make a top 10 list let alone a best one of the decade. Let's just say Weki Melissa won for me 😭

Edit: Gonna keep that autocorrect typo lol

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017

This video is really cute :) I absolutely loved the interview she did with Dreamcatcher, too. It's so adorable how she doesn't hide it when she loves something.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I may have missed some but whatever.

Top 20:
1. Apink - %% (Eung Eung)
2. Red Velvet - Psycho
3. (G)I-DLE - Lion
4. X1 - Flash
5. TXT - 9 And Three Quarters (Run Away)
6. HyunA - Flower Shower
7. Stray Kids - Miroh
8. LOONA - Butterfly
9. Mamamoo - HIP
10. EXO - Obsession
11. GOT7 - You Calling My Name
12. NCT 127 - Superhuman
13. Hwasa - Twit
14. Dreamcatcher - Deja Vu
15. Chung Ha - Gotta Go
16. GFriend - Fever
17. Taeyeon - Spark
18. IU - Blueming
19. Taemin - Want
20. BTS - Boy With Luv

Honorable Mentions:
CLC - No
Lee Hi - No One
Monsta X - Follow
Twice - Fancy
Weki Meki - Tiki-Taka

Top 10 B-Sides:
1. NCT 127 - Highway To Heaven
2. Taeyeon - Gravity
3. Twice - Love Foolish
4. Blackpink - Don't Know What To Do
5. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up
6. Dreamcatcher - Silent Night
7. BTS - Home
8. GOT7 - Thursday
9. EXO - Ya Ya Ya
10. Everglow - Hush

Honorable Mentions:
Chung Ha - Chica
CLC - Like It
Sulli - On The Moon

Top 10 Songs in Another Language:
1. NCT 127 - Highway To Heaven [English] (So Good, it deserves to be #1 Twice)
2. Twice - Breakthrough
3. Monsta X - Middle Of The Night
4. Mamamoo - Sleep Talk
5. Tiffany Young - Magnetic Moon
6. Dreamcatcher - Breaking Out
7. Taeyeon - I Do
8. EXID - Trouble
9. Goo Hara - Midnight Queen
10. Red Velvet - Sappy

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
So much for X1. Wonder what this means for Izone.

Hello.

This is Play M Entertainment, Yuehua Entertainment, TOP Media, OUI Entertainment, MBK Entertainment, Woollim Entertainment, DSP Media, Starship Entertainment, and Brand New Music.

The X1 members and each of the agencies negotiated under the condition of unanimous agreement, but we could not come to an agreement, so we have decided on their disbandment.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Just read news about izone's comeback. I dont think i will support Izone's comeback myself. Everything that comes from fraud usually wont end well

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
My list:

#1 CLC - No
#2 EVERGLOW - Bon Bon Chocolat
#3 Hwasa - TWIT
#4 IZ*ONE - Violeta
#5 Apink - %% (Eung Eung)
#6 LOONA - Butterfly
#7 Chungha - Gotta Go
#8 Sunmi - Noir
#9 HINAPIA - Drip
#10 Weki Meki - Picky Picky
#11 CLC - ME
#12 (G)I-DLE - LION
#13 Itzy - Icy
#14 NATURE - OOPSIE (My Bad)
#15 Weki Meki - Tiki-Taka
#16 Mamamoo - HIP
#17 Taeyeon - Spark
#18 DREAMCATCHER - Piri
#19 Twice - Fancy
#20 Red Velvet - Pscyho

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Points total for the Top 20 of 2019 so far:

1. 85
2. 82
3. 74
4. 66
5. 64
6. 55
7. 52
8. 51
9. 49
10. 45 x4
14. 44
15. 43
16. 36 x2
18. 35
19 34 x2

Keep posting those lists!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They should just abolish using rankings or spectator voting in such shows. It seems that there's barely any show that may be clean, at this point might as well just have their own judges deciding who's who and lose this charade. I know they'd make less money that way but it's turning out that so much of it was rigged that their long-term reputation is getting fucked hard.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uff...Momoland continues to fall from grace.
Edit: MLD is planning to sue Daisy :O Crazy!

Would be huge for them if true

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.