• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parent of the Year right there!

nAiurBb.gif

Daughter was blowing up my phone while I was trying to get tix waiting in queue on my late lunch, and I didn't respond as I didn't want to have the queue refresh.

The I texted as a joke on my way home I couldn't do it from my phone. When I got home I opened the app, and she went from ho hum to through the roof happy.

So the money was well spent even if I've never paid that much for two concert tix in my life.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
a coworker is a tremendous bts fan and she lost it once she was able to get tickets. She's usually really mellow but she's so incredibly happy. She was worrying so much this week about being about to get tickets or not, glad she got them.

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017
Daughter was blowing up my phone while I was trying to get tix waiting in queue on my late lunch, and I didn't respond as I didn't want to have the queue refresh.

The I texted as a joke on my way home I couldn't do it from my phone. When I got home I opened the app, and she went from ho hum to through the roof happy.

So the money was well spent even if I've never paid that much for two concert tix in my life.

Honestly, the money is absolutely worth it. I went to see them in Wembley last year and they were amazing.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear everyone getting BTS tickets.

My group of 12 was able to get some presale codes and we all coordinated to sit together :)

Kpop ERA's Top 10 B-sides of 2019
1. Red Velvet - Sunny Side Up 60 points
Red_Velvet_-_The_ReVe_Festival_Day_1.png

2. Twice - Love Foolish 46 points
Twice_-_Feel_Special.png

3. Blackpink - Don't Know What To Do 42 points
Blackpink_-_Kill_This_Love.png

4. Everglow - Hush 38 points
Everglow-hush.jpg

5. Loona - Curiosity 34 points
XX_%28Loona_EP%29.jpg

6. Dreamcatcher - Silent Night 32 points

7. Loona - Where you at 29 points (won tiebreak)

8. Loona - Satellite 29 points

9. Somi - Outta My Head 23 points

10. Taeyeon - Gravity 17 points

I employed a three mention limit on these since there were quite a few songs that had two mentions that would have cracked the top 10 but I thought it better to push it to a three limit as the amount of entries was lower than our title track submissions.

Thank you everyone for voting and participating!

Once again good work juicyb 👍

Would say the top 5 are very good b-sides but ya'll sleeping on the boy groups. I didn't vote though so got only myself to blame :(

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
The thing about Bvndit isn't just that they're talented or make good music -- it's that they feel like a cohesive whole.

A lot of groups never reach that point, even years after their debut.

[Stone PERFORMANCE] BVNDIT Performance Medley|밴디트, K-POP, Hocus Pocus, 드라마틱 (Dramatic), Dumb, Cool

SuperM Takes a Friendship Test | Glamour

아이튠즈 22개국 1위 곡! 이달의 소녀(LOONA) - 365 무대 [NewsenTV]

Would say the top 5 are very good b-sides but ya'll sleeping on the boy groups. I didn't vote though so got only myself to blame :(
More people really just need to post boy group content more consistently.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017

Twice_-_Feel_Special.png

Everglow-hush.jpg

XX_%28Loona_EP%29.jpg

I employed a three mention limit on these since there were quite a few songs that had two mentions that would have cracked the top 10 but I thought it better to push it to a three limit as the amount of entries was lower than our title track submissions.

Great work! I guess this can be put alongside the official top 10 main songs next year!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Loona went to jail.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Twice_-_Feel_Special.png

Everglow-hush.jpg

XX_%28Loona_EP%29.jpg

Good job as always juicyb.

BTS tickets were easy to get if you had the presale code. I wonder how it'll be tomorrow.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
Got BTS tickets for FedExField in May! I was stressing the whole week so I'm happy I got them. Thank God for presales.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Glad to hear everyone getting BTS tickets.

My group of 12 was able to get some presale codes and we all coordinated to sit together :)

Once again good work juicyb 👍

Well I mean the rest of the world keeps sleeping on girl groups. They can have this victory!

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely are.
I looked around and it seems to be ads. Still, I kinda wish they wouldn't count those towards view counts. And it looks silly when they have that many views but they aren't selling as much as other groups coming back around the same time. Glad BBC didn't resort to that even though it'd make LOONA look more popular to the average viewer.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I looked around and it seems to be ads. Still, I kinda wish they wouldn't count those towards view counts. And it looks silly when they have that many views but they aren't selling as much as other groups coming back around the same time. Glad BBC didn't resort to that even though it'd make LOONA look more popular to the average viewer.

Yuehua has been doing that ever since they released Bon Bon Chocolat's teaser, you can never trust Everglow's views.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'll confess—I don't even click on anything from BTS anymore. Don't hate them, just never really care about any of their music.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I was absolutely head over heels with Blood, Sweat & Tears, and Save Me was a top-tier track as well, DNA & Fake Love were nice enough, but they haven't wowed me in a very long time now, gotta be real. Boy With Luv was a nice attempt, but it was rather forgettable to me.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017

It's pretty good listen about the process into producing a song. Lee Soo Man had all the final say on how "So What" should sound and came to be by making it more mainstream. Makes me appreciate the song a lil bit more now too after knowing he enjoyed making it.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Almost a year and a half after signing with The Black Label, do you guys think Somi made the right choice signing with them?

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017

It's pretty good listen about the process into producing a song. Lee Soo Man had all the final say on how "So What" should sound and came to be by making it more mainstream. Makes me appreciate the song a lil bit more now too after knowing he enjoyed making it.

I wish Lee Soo Man and SM buys off Blockberry Creative and make Loona theirs ^_^

Almost a year and a half after signing with The Black Label, do you guys think Somi made the right choice signing with them?
Should of stayed at JYP and debut with ITZY

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
SAAY - 겨울 탓 ft. Woo

[CHOREOGRAPHY] BTS (방탄소년단) 'Black Swan' Dance Practice

[EVERGLOW] DUN DUN Dance Practice

iKON - '뛰어들게(Dive)' Dance Practice Video

Finally listened to the new Loona single. Huh. So Loona did an ITZY song.
I like Itzy and Blackpink, but I don't deny their flaws. Loona somehow combined some of the worst elements of those two groups' music into one song with 'So What.' Not sure what to make of it.

I'd honestly say boy groups had a far more appealing 2019 music wise than girl groups. But that wouldn't get any play here regardless.
Just as an example, among other acts' good releases, Stray Kids finally put out a song that I like with 'Miroh.' 2019 was a really good year.

Thread definitely shows love to male acts, but regardless of the make up of members, it's always been girl group dominant since its conception at the last forum.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hate Everglow now. Which breaks my heart cause they probably have my favorite debut songs of all time. Fuck their company for turning them into a budget Black Pink 😔

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hate Everglow now. Which breaks my heart cause they probably have my favorite debut songs of all time. Fuck their company for turning them into a budget Black Pink 😔
They were always that, just that their music was more inspired. They are just starting anyway, and have very cool B-sides. I like them better than Blackpink, but yeah, not a fan of Dun Dun.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
They were always that, just that their music was more inspired. They are just starting anyway, and have very cool B-sides. I like them better than Blackpink, but yeah, not a fan of Dun Dun.
Idk, BBC was more sensual than most BP songs. Like it had a cooler, less try-hard vibe. It felt somewhat unique. I just hate the "anthem" stuff, masked back-up dancers, and overall attitude. LOONA kinda has the anthem stuff too, but it works there because image wise, they basically seem the same and it doesn't come across as super forced.

Hopefully Everglow drops that style, but I think they'll just continue to double down. Seems like the days of groups having actual concepts is dead. It's all one thing with a few tweaks along the way.

Last edited:

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
still hoping everyday for that Blackpink comeback... other Kpop groups just kinda don't fit my taste.

Lion is a banger though

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't imagine waiting for a BP comeback. Seems like they come around once a year, then peace out 😭

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Idk, BBC was more sensual than most BP songs. Like it had a cooler, less try-hard vibe. It felt somewhat unique. I just hate the "anthem" stuff, masked back-up dancers, and overall attitude. LOONA kinda has the anthem stuff too, but it works there because image wise, they basically seem the same and it doesn't come across as super forced.

Hopefully Everglow drops that style, but I think they'll just continue to double down. Seems like the days of groups having actual concepts is dead. It's all one thing with a few tweaks along the way.
Man, what you talking bout? BBC is as stereotypical as it gets. it's ridiculous how many Girl Crush stereotypes that thing checks off. Like everything from day 1 was a BP check list for Everglow

Everglow is closer to BlackPink than BlackPink is to 2ne1 which is saying something.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

It ain't quite usual, I personally disagree with everything you said.
Everglow was following BP's lane from the very start, and BBC was absolutly BP-esque from the get go. I personally could have liked it, save for that over-abuse of autotune. Dun Dun is their very best comeback yet as far as I'm concerned. Adios was kinda there, but not quite. I love how fierce and charismatic they all are on Dun Dun and I certainly don't feel they're too "try-hard", just like BP isn't too try-hard at all either. They have the stage presence, the charisma, the performing talent to bring their fiercest game and elevate the song with their attitude, and they do it very well.

I don't need my girls to show a softer sensual side for me to love them, I don't know where this is coming from, truly. Why should they have to be sensual anyway? Why can't they just be badass in-you-face fierce? Why anyone who tries to be badass in-you-face fierce without the sensual part appealing to men is then labelled "try-hard" in a dismissive way? I like the fierce concepts à la BP & Dun Dun, even though it truly feels I'm the only one.

Also, Loona can't be fierce to save their lives and it makes So What MV awkward and cringey to watch. Many of them think that having charisma and attitude equals staring blankly at the camera like a dead person, and that's just partly why this comeback of theirs is not it for me. They don't have what it takes to embody it to the fullest, save for Kim Lip, Yves & Jinsoul (and maybe Heejin and Olivia, even though they're not quite there yet, but definitely much better than the rest of them). They're much more skilled at the softer sensual stuff like Butterfly, this is their lane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.