• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
EQonARfVUAAYSu2.png:large

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017
Not sure on the sourcing as my Korean is horrendous, but ITZY comeback in March? Dunno if this has already been posted here though.

n.news.naver.com

[단독] 있지(ITZY), 3월9일 컴백 확정…괴물 신인 출격

(서울=뉴스1) 황미현 기자 = 그룹 있지(ITZY)가 3월9일 컴백을 확정했다. 13일 뉴스1 취재 결과, 있지는 오는 3월9일로 컴백 일자를 잡고 막바지 준비 중이다. 있지가 컴백하는 것은 지난해 7월 발표한 '

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure on the sourcing as my Korean is horrendous, but ITZY comeback in March? Dunno if this has already been posted here though.

n.news.naver.com

[단독] 있지(ITZY), 3월9일 컴백 확정…괴물 신인 출격

(서울=뉴스1) 황미현 기자 = 그룹 있지(ITZY)가 3월9일 컴백을 확정했다. 13일 뉴스1 취재 결과, 있지는 오는 3월9일로 컴백 일자를 잡고 막바지 준비 중이다. 있지가 컴백하는 것은 지난해 7월 발표한 '

Yeah, March 9th.

Jan 13, 2020
Why is a new release always called "comeback" in kpop? Usually I associate "comeback" with a band that dissolved. Like why would they need to come back if they never went away.... idgi

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Why is a new release always called "comeback" in kpop? Usually I associate "comeback" with a band that dissolved. Like why would they need to come back if they never went away.... idgi
Well usually kpop groups have a period of promoting their new stuff then they take a break for a bit until they come back with new stuff. So from what i understand that's why it's called that way, I thought it was odd at first as well.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well usually kpop groups have a period of promoting their new stuff then they take a break for a bit until they come back with new stuff. So from what i understand that's why it's called that way, I thought it was odd at first as well.

It's just so bizarre because everywhere else in the world a comeback means a band coming back after a really long hiatus or a prolonged break without a single/EP/album. You'd be hard pressed to see anyone use the term for anything less than a 4-5 years break. In k-pop you can have two comebacks in the same year.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
It's just so bizarre because everywhere else in the world a comeback means a band coming back after a really long hiatus or a prolonged break without a single/EP/album. You'd be hard pressed to see anyone use the term for anything less than a 4-5 years break. In k-pop you can have two comebacks in the same year.
It's definitely used very differently. Same way title track ends up having a different use.

Oct 25, 2017
They are borrowing a word from english without directly translating all the specific nuance of the original usage. It's not the first time it's happened in the history of language, nothing to raise eyebrows over.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are borrowing a word from english without directly translating all the specific nuance of the original usage. It's not the first time it's happened in the history of language, nothing to raise eyebrows over.

I'm not exactly losing sleep over it, but as someone who follows many other scenes too (metal, EDM, etc.) it's certainly odd to read comebacks about bands who last released an EP a couple months ago.

Fumo

Oct 27, 2017

Nice. Was listening to the leak earlier and quite enjoyed it despite the terrible quality. It's not too far removed from Violeta as it's the same composers and style. Choreo looks fun as well. I can't help but notice Nako when they're lined up though (Same with Loona's Yeojin). Curious if they'll air the Idol Room episode in some fashion despite the show ending a couple of days ago.

Also, a couple of weeks late, but I've been enjoying the new Sechskies EP as well.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I was just watching (G)I-DLE's Lion MV for the nth time and like any MV from them, it gets me thinking: Soyeon is one badass talented as fuck idol. With only two years in her group, the sky is the limit for her future.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
IZ*ONE Music Bank next week!

Thought they were gonna get banned so glad that they're appearing on the show. Highly doubt MBC and SBS will budge though.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
English subs for Nizi Project Ep 1 and 2 up on YouTube

Couple of thoughts:
  • Nina seems promising
  • JYPE trainees auditioning: Was unexpected but makes sense to test the waters with them. They're on another level from what was shown, so I'm curious how far they'll make it.

Welp guess I'm a Nina stan now, girl is the whole package, she is amazing. I understand why I see people comparing her to Somi, they both shine a lot while performing and have that star quality. Need to watch the rest of the episodes now. I saw Mako participating, which has my interest, since she was a JYPE trainee and a contender for ITZY's lineup back when they hadn't debuted.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

Was about to come post this myself, Byulie's killing it on this.

Welp guess I'm a Nina stan now, girl is the whole package, she is amazing. I understand why I see people comparing her to Somi, they both shine a lot while performing and have that star quality. Need to watch the rest of the episodes now. I saw Mako participating, which has my interest, since she was a JYPE trainee and a contender for ITZY's lineup back when they hadn't debuted.

Me too I guess, this kid is adorable and JYP is right, she does have that star quality.

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
In the meantime, Weki Meki delivers when it comes down to teasers:

Gratuitous gifs of me desperately looking for Somi's comeback:

GqBGKmf.gif

G8HUfpG.gif

0sfTc1i.gif

Yes, it's just an excuse for me to post cute gifs of her in her latest CF!

ix0xtfI.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.