• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Today is also Somi's birthday, happy 19th birthday to her!

Thinking of Taeyeon too, I'm so sad about what's happening to her and her family. Hope she'll take enough time for herself.

More lowkey and less in your face than their other comebacks, but also pretty good still. I get why people thing it's less original, but it's pretty efficient overall. The MV is beautiful, they're looking even better than ever! I didn't think I needed to see Yeji in formal jacket and pants until now, but boy is she rocking that look effortlessly!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Wannabe's okay but it's more conventional than either Dalla Dalla or Icy and as a result not as interesting. The dance break was fire though.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
New Itzy song is banging...

Happy b'day to Somi...could of been her releasing the song if she was part of Itzy...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Song's better than the other Itzy singles.

Lyrics still the worst thing about that group though.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Itzy's new song is a banger! Didn't like their previous ones, but this one has a nice melody and the chorus is catchy. They kept the talk singing at a minimum.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Happy birthday to Somi! 🎉

I hope Taeyeon gets well soon. It must be awful to lose a loved one on your birthday.

FUhsD.gif

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Baffled at people not liking the lyrics, while I find them empowering and carrying a positive message a lot of girls need to hear at that age. I mean, surely, y'all won't make me believe you prefer saccharine diabetes-inducing lyrics about falling in love, how boring and incredibly stereotyping.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Baffled at people not liking the lyrics, while I find them empowering and carrying a positive message a lot of girls need to hear at that age. I mean, surely, y'all won't make me believe you prefer saccharine diabetes-inducing lyrics about falling in love, how boring and incredibly stereotyping.
Only one person has said so in this thread. I personally also like their general concept. Nothing groundbreaking or anything, but it doesn't need to.

Oct 27, 2017
Dang I'm really bummed about Taeyeon. Usually I can distance myself from these things but she was what got me into Kpop during GG's heyday. I immediately latched onto her and been cheering her on for over a decade. Hope she's doing alright

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Going back to that ITZY video, can I just say that 5 members is the perfect number? It's like the Goldilocks amount of members.

I wish BP, Mamamoo, and KARD had an extra member cause 4 is like the worst. Like all the dances seem the same with that many members for some reason.

Honestly, any odd number is better.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Those solo club scenes, she looks AMAZING. I mean, I've been in contact with k-pop for over a decade, but it hit me like a truck.

c3551323b824abf54e48ff64a501711feaab2b11.gifv

Everything about this scene is perfect. The slow-mo on her, the beat disappearing for a while, the song going soft, her wearing a formal jacket and pants that make her look so incredibly cool and classy, and then the beat comes back again and the instrumentals just blow my mind with that wicked bass line. It's one of those moments in a song you wanna loop over and over again because everything is just clicking, just like Mark Lee's perfect rap verse in Jopping.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea props to the director for that scene. I should start paying attention more to who is directing the videos I like now since we reference producers. Might find some correlation between my favorite videos and directors

Edit: Seems I have to do more digging to find out who directs what. Isn't easily available on a couple YouTube videos I've watched nor on Wikipedia...

Last edited:

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Loving the Nizi show (4 episodes in) with two big exceptions.
  1. JYP needs to fucking chill with the weight loss thing. He did Riria dirty. The same shit Jihyo got, and Momo was straight up abused and told she wouldn't get to debut if she didn't lose more weight in a time frame that was near-impossible. I hate that this dude can be so on-point and helpful and caring and then turn around and say some shit that's going to lead to some poor girl getting an eating disorder and/or ending up hospitalized.
  2. JYP thinks he's found his next Suzy in Ayaka and it's obvious she's not it. He was frustrated with Inoue Akari for not showing any progress, but her first test performance (after being hospitalized for a month, which JYP didn't know) was clearly better than Ayaka's. If any of the girls he didn't reward in that first test looked like Ayaka they all would've passed.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
People keep asking me how to know if a lyric is good or not. My tip is by reading it like a poem, if you read the lyric without being cringe, then it means it is a good lyric. If it makes you cringe, then usually it is bad.

Try to read nicki minaj's anaconda lyric, then compare it to something like IU's Through the night. Feel the difference

=====

Lets talk about itzy's song wannabe. I find it cool, i notice the song's architecture is structurically similar to IGAB. Verse A, pre chorus, chorus, rap, verse B Repeat

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting to see the differences between those that like the new Itzy, but dislike their other singles, and those who like 'Dala Dala' and 'Icy,' but think 'Wannabe' is boring.

1. JYP needs to fucking chill with the weight loss thing. He did Riria dirty. The same shit Jihyo got, and Momo was straight up abused and told she wouldn't get to debut if she didn't lose more weight in a time frame that was near-impossible. I hate that this dude can be so on-point and helpful and caring and then turn around and say some shit that's going to lead to some poor girl getting an eating disorder and/or ending up hospitalized.
Her performance around Ep.4 (??) was better than her audition, but I think I understand where he is coming from despite how harsh it comes across.* For lack of a better term, there is a balance issue that isn't specific to weight since there are male and female dancers who are much larger than she is and have this balance, pop and fluidity to their movement. But yeah, I've seen YG, Brave Bros. and others be brutally harsh regarding the weight of their female artists and trainees, unrelated to dancing.

1. JYP thinks he's found his next Suzy in Ayaka and it's obvious she's not it. He was frustrated with Inoue Akari for not showing any progress, but her first test performance (after being hospitalized for a month, which JYP didn't know) was clearly better than Ayaka's. If any of the girls he didn't reward in that first test looked like Ayaka they all would've passed.
Every agency is going to skew heavily towards looks, but JYP definitely has certain specific visual/physical types he gravitates towards. You can always tell some trainees are a lock for debut, short of them 100% completely fucking up somehow.

* That said I've only watch portions of various eps, so I might have missed something he did or said that was particularly foul. Also, whatever his overall reason, I'd be shocked to see JYP debut an artist like Mamamoo Hwasa, regardless of how talented they were.

ERA acting like they ain't know.

99F5D33B5E660F2F09626C

996DDC4F5E6651F6283F39

99D78A375E6646721DD4CD

99E55A405E6118C218

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Every agency is going to skew heavily towards looks, but JYP definitely has certain specific visual/physical types he gravitates towards. You can always tell some trainees are a lock for debut, short of them 100% completely fucking up somehow.
It's just weird when everyone there ranges from adorable teens to attractive adults. They all have their own visual uniqueness. And so far from what I've seen they can all dance and/or sing really well. I've always found the "visual" member to be a really dumb concept by itself. You have to have the talent. Ayaka can certainly learn it on the way, but I think she's going to require more training time than the show allows.

Speaking of: Nizi gives us a good example of the difference between singers/dancers who are just now auditioning and singers/dancers who have already been training. The JYP trainees on the show are lightyears ahead of the rest of the girls. The one exception that I've seen so far is Yamashiro Moeno. She was so robotic and stiff when she walked into her audition and her singing wasn't great, but when it came time to dance she was maybe the best one out of all the auditions. And she's never left her home in Okinawa her entire life. Crazy. I really hope she makes it into the group.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
And don't be mistaken, just cause I don't like the lyrics doesn't mean I think it's the worst thing going.

Like I mean, Cherry Bullet and Rocketpunch just had releases last month that make Itzy's lyrics look like verifiable scholarly work.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Lyrics rank pretty low for me when it comes to K-pop cause--I don't understand Korean so bad ones are easy to ignore for the most part. With that said, ITZY's have remained on brand with each single. They're all about female empowerment and embracing uniqueness.

Now this has some good lyrics:

Very simple, but pretty great when paired with the melody and production. Easily one of my favorite songs in the genre.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I don't dislike Wannabe but if I had to rank Itzy's title tracks, it's be a distant 3rd behind Icy and Dalla Dalla.

I'm enjoying Ting Ting Ting from the EP. There's something very 90s about it, in a good way.

Kpopalypse has published an interview with Cheska talking about her experiences in Fiestar. Definitely worth a read and helps to cut through all the noise surrounding her recent livestreams.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm on the same page as you, yah dingus. It's not even 4 posts apart.

I gotta confess, at the time of my first post, I genuinely thought there were more than just you.

hszvX3g.gif

However, I definitely can see why people can have a beef with those lyrics in terms of structure and words. I was more talking about the meaning behind them, and wanting to support those kinds of message, but that might not have even been what you meant all along.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Lyrics are probably towards the bottom of what I look for in a song. tbh most of the pop songs I listen to in english are forgettable non-sense about the same shit lyrics-wise.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
n.news.naver.com

YG, 빅뱅과 15년 신뢰 이어간다…세번째 재계약 체결[공식]

[스포츠서울 김선우기자]그룹 빅뱅과 YG엔터테인먼트가 두터운 신뢰를 또다시 확인하며 오랜 세월 변치않는 끈끈한 인연을 이어간다. YG엔터테인먼트는 11일 “빅뱅 멤버인 지드래곤(G-DRAGON), 태양, 탑(T.O.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about BigBang's contract renewal. This means a comeback soon, but I also wanted them to leave YG. Ideally, I wanted them to leave YG and regroup and promote, but that would be incredibly hard to do.

I wonder when they'll be coming back.

Edit: I hope they got a really good contract. More control, more profit, and staying away from YG's dungeon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.