• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Kaci's great. The little skits with Slacks this TI were fucking hilarious.

Wouldn't be surprised if Slacks got picked up by Valve next no wait that's silly, we all already know he's a Valve employee ;^)

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds great! Wonder if they pick up Slacks for complete and total CRINGE!

Outside of esports, it would be cool if she got involved with Valve's announcements rather than just blog posts

Shado

Oct 26, 2017
maybe she'll go do the majors or cs go stuff now

some sort of communication role would be really great, the community loves her

But you know Valve and communication... Probably this is them starting to be more open with their community. I mean Dota has been fairly better than Valve as a whole with communications.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
But you know Valve and communication... Probably this is them starting to be more open with their community. I mean Dota has been fairly better than Valve as a whole with communications.

Something is definitely changing at Valve as they have been far more open to communication than they've been for the last decade. Steam gets more blog posts about how the client works, the Underlords guys are making practically weekly blog posts and apparently post on Discord often, CSGO has a way more active Twitter account than the past. TF2... alright, not everybody is communicating much more, but it's still better on average.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Something is definitely changing at Valve as they have been far more open to communication than they've been for the last decade. Steam gets more blog posts about how the client works, the Underlords guys are making practically weekly blog posts and apparently post on Discord often, CSGO has a way more active Twitter account than the past. TF2... alright, not everybody is communicating much more, but it's still better on average.
You forgot Artifact!

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Yeaaaaaah, Kaci! Her and Slacks are Team Ultimate Cringe at this point and I love it.

I've always liked Kaci and it's not TI without her now. She's got an amazing knack at relaxing people and playing the fool in order to bring others out of their shells a bit and have a good time. Genuinely nice lass. Looking forward to seeing what she does next as I assume she's not picking up a paycheck for 11 months and then just hosting TI. Though that'd be a sweet gig.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I take it that she liked being a reporter so I imagine she wouldn't have made a switch that didn't involve a promotion in her field like communications director. If this means Valve is going to create sponsored streaming programming like Overwatch league I worry about China's influence over the company in the future.

Regardless congrats to Kaci.

Pay me 2 usd and I'll let you know.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
You forgot Artifact!

While typing that I distinctly didn't forget Artifact. In fact, I repressed it! In actuality, I think the more frequent communication about Underlords is a direct consequence of the collapse of Artifact and the shroud of exclusivity to who could see the game for the longest time.