• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
As per Kadokawa Group's latest fiscal report - refer to slide 18:

Kadokawa has in recent years - emphasized the importance of isekai genre anime/novel to their business, due to success of stuff like ReZero.
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Kadokawa Anime Producers Want Isekai To Take Over the World

According to Kadokawa's Animation Group General Manager, "'Overseas first' is no longer just a slogan but something we will be actively working towards."

Suffice to say, seems like we might be seeing Kadokawa invest in some isekai console games, probably even tapping FromSoft to work on them if needed.

Among the intellectual properties under anime/light novel that Kadokawa either owns or publishes, to my knowledge are:

- Rezero:
Re-ZERO-The-Prophecy-of-the-Throne-4-696x392.jpg

Redo of Healer:
Capture.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Open world Sword Art Online incoming.

Honestly, a Soulslike based on Re:Zero would make sense, considering death plays a vital part in it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't anything new for them. They've put out a lot of licensed titles for years via Kadokawa Games and Spike Chunsoft. The upcoming Made in Abyss game is them, etc. A decent amount of them aren't localised.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
lol fucking Kaiyari of all things really? Souls like with rape and torture i can already see it...

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
From Software games are games you die a lot in, Re Zero is a story where the main character dies a lot, seems like a perfect match to me.
This is gonna be terrible

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If I see FromSoft being wasted on a generic isekai/light novel dreg I will be joining Three Fingers and ending this horrid reality.

Sony...it's time.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
A From Software Re:Zero game

Isekai-Soulslike!

LET'S FUCKING GOOOO!

OP
OP
Nightengale

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I've always had the impression that From Software value their creative freedom.

One of Hidetaka Miyazaki's wishlist as a game developer is to make a game that invokes the feeling of... an isekai anime.

I'd love to work on a game that evokes the same themes as anime series like Aura Battler Dunbine and The Vision of Escaflowne, but it would be incredibly difficult to do so.

Depending on how much Kadokawa is willing to spend, I don't think a transmedia project (ala Level-5) where a FromSoft-led idea that spans into anime/game/light novel project is impossible.

Saray

Nov 26, 2018
From and anime... no thanks, it would be a waste of talent. Unless they mean something like berserk, which I doubt.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't that Redo anime like some serious sexist shit? Like Goblin Slayer shit?

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Anime was a mistake. It's nothing, but trash. And waste of time, resources and good developers. Sincerely, please don't

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Seems promising.

www.resetera.com

Bloodborne is a harem anime. Change my mind Spoiler

Ah, Bloodborne. Much has been said about the Loveraft influences on this game. However, I haven't seen the harem anime influences discussed as much. Pretty much every female character is an anime trope, pandering to some fetish or other. To start with, we have Eileen. She is the older lady who...

www.resetera.com

bloodborne is an isekai Spoiler

after undergoing the blood ministration at the start of the game, the main character enters a kind of dream world, the night of the hunt, which they can only exit through the yharnam sunrise ending that has the main character waking up from their dream and throughout the game, you have the main...

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Isn't that Redo anime like some serious sexist shit? Like Goblin Slayer shit?

Way fucking worse actually, if people here thought Shield Hero was bad...

tvtropes.org

Redo of Healer

It's a familiar sight unfolding in a magical land: a trio of epic-level heroes are locked in an epic battle against a formidable demon lord. But who is that standing in the background, dressed in filthy rags, shackled in chains, a hollow …

Jun 22, 2021
Can't wait for From to make a realistic Sword Art Online game for PSVR2 where you die in real life if you die in the game

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao at using Redo of Healer as one of your examples. Of all the fucking things you could have chosen.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Trash Taste is made by Geexsplus, which is part of Kadokawa, which owns From.
Dark timeline game?!
But seriously, seems strange there hasn't been that many outright isekai games.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I guess this shows that kadokawa is not satisfied with all those partnerships they do with Bandai Namco and others for publishing their studios' games and taking their IPs. Despite selling 13 million units (600~700 million dollars in revenue) in its launch month, Kadokawa only made around 60 million dollars in revenue and 40 million in profit out of Elden Ring (essentially a 10% split), they may now want their future games to make clean profit for them rather than conceding the majority of it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to end up throwing my consoles into Mt. Doom before this generation is over. The GaaS + Licensed Game artistic death plague claims more victims in the space every second.

This one hurts.

I guess this means that Bandai-Namco will be losing Spike Chunsoft as a consistent development partner!

While it's not impossible for From to get in on this action, I have to think that Elden Ring's success will ensure that they're not going to feel forced into it, especially with Armored Core on the immediate horizon and likely DLC for Elden Ring to keep them occupied for a while yet.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
OP admit it you did it on purpose. Just to further prove that every Isekai has to be trash right?