KaijuERA |OT| Let Them Fight

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the new NECA Godzilla 1956 based on the poster for that movie, the display thing it comes with really makes it worth it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Godzilla: Gangsters and Goliaths. Someone really wanted to make a yakuza comic, but toss in a Godzilla story into it too. Really wasn't a fan of this and yet... I could somehow see this being made as a movie (at least, maybe 20+ years ago).

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Man KOTM has such an awesome soundtrack, I still listen to it all the time. Even the new themes for Ghidorah and Rodan are awesome.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Mill Creek stepping it up with more kajiu material! Well ok, more sentai-ish, but there are big monsters and stuff! (I got my copy of Mothra in this week and despite the strangely worded details on the language, it is indeed dual language!) I love their steelbook w/transparent slips too :) Hopefully they put out the original Rodan/Radon soon too!

That would be great to get Rodan.

My Prime 1 Gamera arrived today. This thing is massive and amazing, probably my favorite figure that I've gotten this year so far.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
More photos of the magnificent thicc boi. Kinda bummed that the tail no longer rests on the ground like the prototype's did, and now requires the typically ungainly tail stand, but I've got no complaints otherwise. It looks positively incredible.

As someone whose X-Plus collection is exclusively from the 25- and 30-cm lines, I shudder to think of the self space this thing will require, but I'll be all too happy to make room.

I was never a fan of the heavily stylized looks of the earlier Gigantic Series figures, so I'm relieved that X-Plus opted for much more faithful interpretations in more recent releases. Along with this guy, I know I'll probably end up with the Gigantic '62 and '64, 'cause I'm weak like that.

My Prime 1 Gamera arrived today. This thing is massive and amazing, probably my favorite figure that I've gotten this year so far.
That is a seriously impressive figure. It's solid vinyl, right? Thing must weigh a heck of a lot.

I'm looking forward to your (eventual?) review of it. Your videos are great, and kudos for the shout-outs you get on Kaiju Addicts. They're very well deserved!

Last edited: