• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the new NECA Godzilla 1956 based on the poster for that movie, the display thing it comes with really makes it worth it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Godzilla: Gangsters and Goliaths. Someone really wanted to make a yakuza comic, but toss in a Godzilla story into it too. Really wasn't a fan of this and yet... I could somehow see this being made as a movie (at least, maybe 20+ years ago).

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Man KOTM has such an awesome soundtrack, I still listen to it all the time. Even the new themes for Ghidorah and Rodan are awesome.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Mill Creek stepping it up with more kajiu material! Well ok, more sentai-ish, but there are big monsters and stuff! (I got my copy of Mothra in this week and despite the strangely worded details on the language, it is indeed dual language!) I love their steelbook w/transparent slips too :) Hopefully they put out the original Rodan/Radon soon too!

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Mill Creek stepping it up with more kajiu material! Well ok, more sentai-ish, but there are big monsters and stuff! (I got my copy of Mothra in this week and despite the strangely worded details on the language, it is indeed dual language!) I love their steelbook w/transparent slips too :) Hopefully they put out the original Rodan/Radon soon too!

That would be great to get Rodan.

My Prime 1 Gamera arrived today. This thing is massive and amazing, probably my favorite figure that I've gotten this year so far.

ljSRowFh.jpg

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
More photos of the magnificent thicc boi. Kinda bummed that the tail no longer rests on the ground like the prototype's did, and now requires the typically ungainly tail stand, but I've got no complaints otherwise. It looks positively incredible.

As someone whose X-Plus collection is exclusively from the 25- and 30-cm lines, I shudder to think of the self space this thing will require, but I'll be all too happy to make room.

I was never a fan of the heavily stylized looks of the earlier Gigantic Series figures, so I'm relieved that X-Plus opted for much more faithful interpretations in more recent releases. Along with this guy, I know I'll probably end up with the Gigantic '62 and '64, 'cause I'm weak like that.

My Prime 1 Gamera arrived today. This thing is massive and amazing, probably my favorite figure that I've gotten this year so far.

That is a seriously impressive figure. It's solid vinyl, right? Thing must weigh a heck of a lot.

I'm looking forward to your (eventual?) review of it. Your videos are great, and kudos for the shout-outs you get on Kaiju Addicts. They're very well deserved!

Last edited:

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
And here is my Prime 1 Studio Gamera 99 video.

and here's a video of my toy haul from G-Fest

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the Criterion Godzilla box-set may be announced sometimes next week according to some inside sources at GFest.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a Showa box set, would finally have every Godzilla movie on one format. I need me some Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla and Terror of Mechagodzilla.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll include Rodan and War of the Gargantuas since they have the rights to them too. I love all this Showa Era stuff, there's just something about them.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, this caught me off-guard.
For a second I was wondering: "wait, does this fucking ex-Fox News weirdo own the rights to some Godzilla films?"
LOL whoops John Beck is what I meant. See what the Trump era has done to me putting junk like that into my subconscious.
Isn't Destroy All Monsters still under the old contract, or did that end?
No Criterion got the rights to that one. Universal has indefinite rights to Godzilla vs. King Kong since when they made partnership with Toho for the movie, they got the rights to distribute the English version for NA while Toho has the distribution's rights to Asia.

More fuel for the fire.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
No Criterion got the rights to that one. Universal has indefinite rights to Godzilla vs. King Kong since when they made partnership with Toho for the movie, they got the rights to distribute the English version for NA while Toho has the distribution's rights to Asia.

Ah so it did end. I heard it was one that did take a while. As for King Kong, well, I almost see it as a spin-off sort of, so if anything gets excluded for the Showa set, that would prob be the least worst one to have dropped. Just sad we can see a tree getting shoved down Godzilla's gullet remastered, just yet. Then again, maybe Universal will put it out themselves soon, leading up to the remake.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
More images of the X-Plus Gigantic 2019 and first pictures of the Deforeals for Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah!

That Gigantic 19 looks even better than it did in the promo images, holy shit its amazing.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
God it looks so good, and the ghidorah deforeal makes me super excited for an eventual fullsize 25 cm or 30 cm

Im hoping to get all of them in the 25cm scale, I think X-Plus has really stepped up their game in that line. They could even do King Ghidorah in the same wing walking stance like the Deforeal and i'd be happy.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the NECA Godzilla 1964. I like it, though it definitely has some 64b or 65 in it as well. I think its the eyes and lower jaw that are throwing me off.

Also no word yet on Criterion's set, might be announced Saturday during Toho's panel or next week by Criterion. If not it'll probably be a 2020 release.

428923.jpg

Nov 5, 2017
I would honestly be shocked if Criterion's boxset DIDN'T include King Kong vs Godzilla. It's easily the most popular of the Showa films and studios have licenced individual movies out for series-wide boxsets before. A Showa set would really be incomplete without it.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017

This is great. There was a 30 minute video on the Godzilla Instagram earlier of him drawing it but can't find it now :(

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
For those interested in X-Plus Godzilla stuff, according to the Facebook group Famous Monsters of Filmland is going to be distributing X-Plus figures for the US and they are officially announcing it during their SDCC panel today. If this is true it might mean much more affordable figures, including the Gigantic 19.

Oct 27, 2017
For those interested in X-Plus Godzilla stuff, according to the Facebook group Famous Monsters of Filmland is going to be distributing X-Plus figures for the US and they are officially announcing it during their SDCC panel today. If this is true it might mean much more affordable figures, including the Gigantic 19.

Great to hear! Until details become more specific, I'm hoping that "distributing" is opposed to "reissuing," as X-Plus did with Diamond a while back, and that it means that delays for North American releases will be no more, (or at least reduced). Otherwise, I'm content to keep shipping these over from Japan, even at a price premium.

Speaking of the Gigantic Godzilla '19, any word on the RIC version? I pre-ordered the standard as soon as it went up, but if the alternate paint scheme and/or extras of the RIC are compelling enough, I'd probably be willing to double-dip...

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the Gigantic Godzilla '19, any word on the RIC version? I pre-ordered the standard as soon as it went up, but if the alternate paint scheme and/or extras of the RIC are compelling enough, I'd probably be willing to double-dip...

No word yet, most think its going to have blue dorsal plates and blue eyes. I personally would like an alternative head with a closed mouth. As far as it going up for preorder, nothing yet unfortunately. It's a bit odd. Im thinking if it doesn't randomly show next week it'll make an appearance at Wonder Fest next weekend. Who knows though, I don't recall a RIC option ever taking this long to show up. Its definitely happening, as an exclusive version is listed on the display card at SDCC... just hope they show it sooner rather than later. I might double dip too.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Will be really interesting if Kong is included. If it is I wonder if its just the US cut as the Japanese one is a bit of a mess quality wise (though I heard some better material was discovered a few years ago). If not I could see Rodan or War of the Gargantuas being in its place, id like if those two were included anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Will be really interesting if Kong is included. If it is I wonder if its just the US cut as the Japanese one is a bit of a mess quality wise (though I heard some better material was discovered a few years ago). If not I could see Rodan or War of the Gargantuas being in its place, id like if those two were included anyway.
I want to Japanese version to be included on the disc just to have the original score back.

The American edit had the soundtrack completely replaced with American stock music excluding the main theme and outside of the Gigantis dub it has to be the worst localization of a Godzilla movie. Those American actor inserts are the worst.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
I want to Japanese version to be included on the disc just to have the original score back.

The American edit had the soundtrack completely replaced with American stock music excluding the main theme and outside of the Gigantis dub it has to be the worst localization of a Godzilla movie. Those American actor inserts are the worst.

Loved hearing that track in Shin Godzilla.

Oct 27, 2017
Not that it makes waiting for the official announcement any easier (quite the contrary!), but it really does seem as though the upcoming Godzilla boxset comprises the entirety of the Showa era. From blu-ray.com:
EAGgM1yXkAIUKlc.jpg

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
Really cool. About time we got a collection like this! Feel like it has been rumoured for ages and must have been a ton of work to get everything licensed.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
While we can assume every film will be in there, that's just ass pulling from the Target listing by Blu-ray.com. We still don't have anything official yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Not that it makes waiting for the official announcement any easier (quite the contrary!), but it really does seem as though the upcoming Godzilla boxset comprises the entirety of the Showa era. From blu-ray.com:
EAGgM1yXkAIUKlc.jpg
Bluray.com future products aren't that reliable and are probably going off the same information we have. Remember this Godzilla 1985 post has been up forever.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Godzilla-1985-The-Legend-Is-Reborn-Blu-ray/48191/

We still gotta wait for the official announcement. I'm really interested to see what versions they are going to be including since a lot of the AIP English dubs for Smog Monster and etc haven't seen an official release since the VHS days.