• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warren, Sanders, Biden, buttigieg will be the final four, and I think Pete will surprise a lot of people here in terms of how well he does.

I think Pete is never going to get enough black votes to be a serious contender. And no amount of manufacturing phony black supporters is going to change that. We can spot a hustler from a mile away, and Mayo Pete is a hustler for sure.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. When she first announced I really thought she had a chance. Just seems like she couldn't figure out why she was running or what her campaign strategy was going to be.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
There were some serious issues with Harris but the hate for her is really indicative of the hate for black women. Online and offline conversations about her always tended towards double standard. I hope she is someone's VP or in cab.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
There were some serious issues with Harris but the hate for her is really indicative of the hate for black women. Online and offline conversations about her always tended towards double standard. I hope she is someone's VP or in cab.
I hate her because she's a cop. Pretty simple actually!

Trying to spin the disdain for her from the left as being anti black was always ludicrous and involves whitewashing her entire career.

Oct 30, 2017
I still like her.
I think she's tough, witty, and generally pretty charismatic.
She began to feel programmed, over-coached, and as if everything she said was focus tested.
Voters can pick up on that.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
true, but one of problem with the Rs last time was too many high hitters stayed past the first few states. This gave Trump the ability to win with so few votes.
This can't be understated. While I'm all for everyone getting their shot, having their time on the national stage, we do need to narrow the field before we hit the first primaries.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this thread is moving so fast.
it's all photoshop. she was a prosecutor, not a police officer
Thanks. That shit looks real. Like she is wearing a costume or something and "playing" like she is arresting someone. I was wondering what the point of this was but I guess the joke is that whole era saying that she's "a cop" or something (prosecutor)?

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
The odds that in January 2019 that Kamala would drop out in early December must have been insane

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
anigif_sub-buzz-3152-1564504051-1.gif

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017

This is pretty much where I'm at. A lot of people aren't slick. See the memes in this thread already.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. That shit looks real. Like she is wearing a costume or something and "playing" like she is arresting someone. I was wondering what the point of this was but I guess the joke is that whole era saying that she's "a cop" or something (prosecutor)?
It was made so people would share it and believe it real (like you did).

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sanders folks took her out. They attack every single candidate that isn't theirs. Boy I can't wait for him to drop out too. You deserved better Kamala.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That picture isn't real. This one is:

EBEv2rjW4AAS_Hb

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty much where I'm at. A lot of people aren't slick. See the memes in this thread already.

Yeah sure not like she was a shit tier candidate that was only capable of being tough on the most already unfortunate people in the country (like all prosecutors) who flubbed every single message and flip flopped weekly on what her campaign was supposed to be while polling below Andrew Yang

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
The fact that she avoided the embarassment of being crushed in Iowa shows that shes more reasonable than 90% of the field.

Sadly, her campaign was just badly run. Sad that shes out but fucking Klobuchar and Pete are still in it

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
maybe, but I always saw that "kamala is a cop" stuff promoted by left-wing people who were critical of her criminal justice record
Like many of the memes from Hillary came from the right and included false things, but were also shared by some of the left. Criticize their criminal justice record is one thing, sharing a picture pretending she arrested and handcuffed a little girl is completely different

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
1000% But there will be a few people here who won't see it that way.
You would hope that Kavanagh and what the Senate Republicans are doing to the federal courts would change their minds.
A screaming goat and a pile of shit would be better than Trump/Pence, but the goal isn't to settle on just 'better", the goal is to get something fucking productive done for the working class.
I agree and I really hope that Warren gets the nom but this is America and most of the time we have to settle. I would rather that have some progress rather than no progress.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
what a cop out

Sanders folks took her out. They attack every single candidate that isn't theirs. Boy I can't wait for him to drop out too. You deserved better Kamala.

man if it wasn't for her primary opponents she really would have gone all the way!

If that's all it took then thank God, she would have been crushed in the general

JCX

Oct 25, 2017

There's also the fact that all positions being equal, black candidates are seen as more left than white candidates with nearly equal positions, so often black candidates position themselves as more moderate to counterbalance that and end up getting eaten by white leftists.

She was not in my top 2 (Warren/Sanders) at all, but the level of venom she got felt kind of outsized.

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
Badly bungled her campaign but I'm glad she knew when to quit rather than dragging things out like most of the candidates seem to.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
Did I miss the memo on KH?
I remember era posters clamoring for her when she was the first Dem to announce her presidential bid a year or two ago.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't my intention at all, and apologies if it came across that way.

I'm certainly not blaming you for how candidates (and not just Harris) are depicted online and by the media, and we've all been guilty of cynicism in this sphere (above, I sarcastically invoked the anti-Bernie/Biden/Warren meme talking-points), I'm more just tired of the landscape of political discourse.

I can take it on a gaming message board, but that this stuff is signal boosted by ostensibly "legitimate" or at least commercial, sites, and is shared on broader social media platforms is frustrating.

Full-disclosure I'm a Canadian who would support Warren if I had the opportunity.

She was a District Attorney, so she had the power to choose who to prosecute for what crimes, which made her "top cop," a slang term which she used to describe herself. Selling yourself not as a lawyer but "top cop" plays with certain constituents.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worth a rewatch for those who missed it:

You're in a Democratic presidential primary, Kamala. You had to expect that this was going to come. And still you fumbled the ball. How embarrassing. Gabbard needs to drop out too, mind you, but this was like the Chris Christie/Marco Rubio "robot" moment from 2016.