• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's funny seeing people on Twitter doing victory laps about Kamala Harris dropping out, but those same folks have done nothing to put a dent in black support for Joe Biden, the man most likely to win the primary.
"It's funny seeing people happy online when bad things still exist"

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
she was polling abysmally with black voters. her constituency was never actual black women, it was the sort of mostly-affluent, mostly-white liberal who shallowly invokes "listen to black women" as a slogan to show how woke they are

Yeah taking just one look at her whole truancy criminalization thing and it's clear she doesn't give a damn about black families beyond her ability to use them as a camapign prop

Because the whole idea of "Bernie Bros" is a myth, just like "Obama boys" before it. Every campaign has enthusiastic supporters.

I maintain they were real but mostly just rand-ish libertarians looking for an outsider and you don't see them so much in the discourse now because they all went for yang

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie staying in doesn't make the race competitive. Everyone knows the D establishment won't let him be the nominee.
That doesn't speak to candidates dropping out as soon as they should. And its wrong on top of that. Sanders dropping will benefit Warren the most and finally make her competitive with Biden outside of IA and NH. Surveys have been saying that for a while now.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
I maintain they were real but mostly just rand-ish libertarians looking for an outsider and you don't see them so much in the discourse now because they all went for yang

If so then they are statistically insignificant and still are just a David "a little bit nutty, a little bit slutty" Brock creation

That doesn't speak to candidates dropping out as soon as they should. And its wrong on top of that. Sanders dropping will benefit Warren the most and finally make her competitive with Biden outside of IA and NH. Surveys have been saying that for a while now.

Which surveys?

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
"It's funny seeing people happy online when bad things still exist"

More like it's funny seeing people act like they won when they have done nothing to stop the person most likely to beat them. Unless I'm supposed to believe that the minds behind such images as "Smiling Kamala Harris arrests black child with a Thin Blue Line Flag in the background" actually support Joe Biden.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate how there is a big ol' Tulsi ad at the bottom of this page for me. No, I don't think I will "Stand with Tulsi" so fuck right off.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Everyone, please stop wishing for more people to drop out. They will soon enough as it is. Trust me on this one, you want a competitive primary to prep the eventual nominee for the general election.
The worry - among people who don't want Biden to be the nominee - is that all the non-Biden votes get split between too many other candidates in early primaries and he walks away with it (as voters in later primaries either change their vote to the now-inevitable candidate or lose enthusiasm to participate in the primary). Like how the Republican primaries split the non-Trump vote between Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, Carson.

I worry about what happens when we've got like 8 candidates still on the ballot when the first primaries roll around.

I'm not cheering her departure, but I am glad to see the field narrow a bit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More like it's funny seeing people act like they won when they have done nothing to stop the person most likely to beat them. Unless I'm supposed to believe that the minds behind such images as "Smiling Kamala Harris arrests black child with a Thin Blue Line Flag in the background" actually support Joe Biden.
That's what I said

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
If so then they are statistically insignificant and still are just a David "a little bit nutty, a little bit slutty" Brock creation

Yeah.

I mean The Discourse has had folks showing their asses with respect to class reductionism too but that's not 1:1 with Sanders support, especially because the topic's an international brainvirus that lasts beyond any single American candidacy. And I say this as someone who sat out the '16 dem primary specifically because neither candidate could seem to talk about racial issues in the era of Black Lives Matter without being grossly patronizing.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
lol owned

just an utter embarrassment of campaign. we'll probably be stuck with biden and her next November though :(

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah.

I mean The Discourse has had folks showing their asses with respect to class reductionism too but that's not 1:1 with Sanders support, especially because the topic's an international brainvirus that lasts beyond any single American candidacy. And I say this as someone who sat out the '16 dem primary specifically because neither candidate could seem to talk about racial issues in the era of Black Lives Matter without being grossly patronizing.

in terms of Sanders 2016 "bad faith" support I would argue that there were exponentially more people who hated Hillary from the right than the left, but that's not convenient for the party establishment to keep the left flank in line

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if she'd have done better if she'd come out of the gate with something like this ad they had just cut.

Yep, that bill was fucking evil and everyone who voted for it shouldn't ever live that down.

It's only a good ad if you ignore all the other shit she 'prosecuted'. The criticism of her was never that she was ineffective at prosecuting people she should (except the corrupt cops she refused to prosecute), it's that she prosecuted too many people she shouldn't have.

May 29, 2019

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
Sooner we get down to Biden, Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg, the better. Maybe we can have actual decent debates then... likely after half the country voted already

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's only a good ad if you ignore all the other shit she 'prosecuted'. The criticism of her was never that she was ineffective at prosecuting people she should (except the corrupt cops she refused to prosecute), it's that she prosecuted too many people she shouldn't have.
And let's not forget her truancy policy. That shit was horrendous.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If a Democrat wins in November, I think she's likely to get a cabinet position, or a high ranking DoJ appointment. Depends if she ends up endorsing the eventual nominee at the right time. But bowing out early in December is something that most future Chiefs of Staff will look kindly on her for. What helps her for a cabinet or White House appointed position, too, is that her senate seat is safe in California, which is something that a candidate like Amy Klobochar doesn't have going for her for a WH position down the line.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I'm not handwaving everything that was problematic about her and her record. I'm really just looking at the ad and direction from a marketing POV. I mean Biden is fucking terrible but it's working for him somehow.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal

Congrats folks... truly brilliant political strategery from the same geniuses who think Bernie would win the reddest of states in the general just because he won every county there in a primary...

Can't wait to see them now focus their internet wrath on trying to finish off Warren for not passing some ideological purity test, as if that's going to change the fact that Bernie seems to have a ceiling of around 20-25%...

At least Harris and her "cop" skills will be useful when impeachment reaches the Senate, and for any Senate hearings in a potential second Trump term when he would be even more brazen in his disregard for the rule of law...

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Shout out to the posters over the months who "corrected" me for calling Kamala a cop from day one. Maybe listen to the people who actually live in the state the candidate is from next time?

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA

Congrats folks... truly brilliant political strategery from the same geniuses who think Bernie would win the reddest of states in the general just because he won every county there in a primary...

Can't wait to see them now focus their internet wrath on trying to finish off Warren for not passing some ideological purity test, as if that's going to change the fact that Bernie seems to have a ceiling of around 20-25%...

At least Harris and her "cop" skills will be useful when impeachment reaches the Senate, and for any Senate hearings in a potential second Trump term when he would be even more brazen in his disregard for the rule of law...

Cold dogshit of a take that "Berners forced Kamala out." TIp: It wasn't Berners failing to give her money.

collige

Oct 31, 2017

How is this a result of anything "Berners" did and not a direct result of her campaign being so poorly run that 50 different employees spilled the beans to the NYT?

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
The great irony remains that by forcing Harris out, Warreners have effectively guaranteed that Biden will win South Carolina, the South, and the nomination.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
How is this a result of anything "Berners" did and not a direct result of her campaign being so poorly run that 50 different employees spilled the beans to the NYT?

Yeah, uh, hot take, actually Kopmala memes don't matter and did not cause Kamala to drop out, her inability to feign interest in policy or mount a coherent justification of her campaign and apparently to manage her staff caused her to drop out.

Although the REAL thing that caused her to drop out is probably:

If you're not a small dollar raiser, the party can still choke you out of the campaign.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
"most diverse field ever" ---> all white candidates

The big win for Booker and Castro in this primary process will be that they never had enough momentum to get shit on by Twitter...