• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This was made on behalf of the adopt a thread program, so I'm making this for delSai. Thank you for all the work you put into this great ot!

headern5sk1.jpg

Official Website | Online Manual (in Japanese)

infoiek4y.jpg

run23qhkfl.jpg

onlinestuff1zjdx.jpg

systemstuffz1jyr.jpg

wgaiarysqq.png

roster3p3zyy.jpg

roster2tnbq7.jpg

ooomedalsccje8.png

If you're interested in Kamen Rider and Tokusatsu, make sure to visit TokuERA!

I left the OT subtitle blank, so we can all decide on one. So if you think of one you'd like, just say so in this thread!

Last edited:

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for posting the thread! Gotta wait till tuesday for my copy to arrive :(
Also the Riders/Roster section is missing for some reason

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise this was out so soon, thought it was out next year for some reason. Gotta look into getting that English Asian copy ordered then..,

Ryno

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize there was an OT.
Sooo... does anyone here have the game already? If so, any impressions?
The gameplay is actually more polished than I thought. 2v2 is pretty fast paced and the amount of strategy that is required is pretty surprising. All the riders pretty much have most of their moves from their shows except Build. Build seems very unfinished. Even in his evolution burst he doesn't transform or his moveset doesn't change. The game has ingame tips and a small tutorial for every character. This was the most surprising tbh. All the characters right now seem viable but I can see one or 2 falling off in the long run. The game does not have a dedicated training mode but you can pretty much make your own since can adjust the starting meters, whether the cpu moves, infinite health, etc. When searching for a ranked match, it does it in the bg so you can play offline while you wait. The online lobbies are pretty cute, your avatar has a lot of emotes it can do based off of iconic Kamen Rider poses. There is also a rematch feature online as well. Certain characters speak to each other during the beginning of a fight but it's not subbed. Share button works 100% as long as you aren't using any of the anime music. The game's music is on point and also contains music from climax heroes and battleride war. Game also has nice interactions where Axel form Faiz can move during Kabuto's clock up.

Now onto the negatives. Single player is lacking in content, only takes a couple hours to complete. The dialogue isn't voice either and also very short. The netcode isn't good outside of japan, everyone needs to have a wired connection for it to be remotely not a slog to play through. Online matches randomly have connection errors though it's not very common. 2v2 ranked matches you with a random partner. 1v1 is awful and very campy. The down system makes 1v1 a chore. Basically if someone is hit enough times their character will hit the ground and lay there for a couple of seconds. It's fine in a 2v2 since that is when you are supposed to switch targets but it is awful for a 1v1. It's even worse when characters like Faiz has moves that causes this. The default settings for searching online is 4 bars or more, so you won't find any matches with random. You 100% have to join the Climax Fighters discord if you want any kind of match. Moves scale really bad in this game, it's possible to do huge damage but it requires you starting with a move you are likely not to hit raw. It's not that bad but don't expect too much if you are a combo junky.

Game is not worth the price it's asking unless you are realy into team arena fighters or you are just a really big Kamen Rider fan.

I would be lying if I said shit like this didn't get me hyped. https://giphy.com/gifs/3ohjV8VL0BzD9CIaju/html5

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Ryno
I'm getting my copy tomorrow, im still looking forward to messing around with it, gonna share my thoughts then but i doubt it will differ much from yours. The netcode problems were kinda expected, SP content is kinda lame, same with the combo system (although i personally think i can live with it). Seems like stuff a sequel could fix.

Also i heard that all the music from Battride War and Climax Heroes is in this game, is that true?

Ryno

Oct 25, 2017
Yep it's true. The game has bgm edit too, so you can set the songs for individual riders

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow thats pretty neat. First thing i'll do is change the music stuff and then go jump into a match as Hibiki.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Is everyone unlocked from the jump? (I just need a yes or no. If it's no, I wanna discover who's locked on my own. Thanks!)

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying this, free for all is a blast. Too bad its seems like its not available for online play.
Sales wise it did okay i think, outselling Climax Heroes with the exception of Fourze PSP. Battride War Genesis on PS4 did best out of all of 'em.

I really hope this get like 2-3 sequels, improving the combo system, adding more for SP and adding more stages and Riders of course. CF definitely has the potential to be awesome. I'll keep playing for quite a while.

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played 2 ranked matches and they couldn't have been more different lol, one was laggy as fuck with the other guy running away, the other match felt amazing. Better than some SFV matches.