• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
She even went back to the past to make it!

okamiden-1714819.jpg

I came away from this feeling like I had just played the video game equivalent of a direct-to-dvd Disney sequel. I mean, props to them for trying something weird with some of the story beats but goddamn if there's another game I hope they just sweep this one under the rug.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
If it ever happens I would experience untold levels of hype.

They should also do a Viewtiful Joe 3.

Kingasta

Avenger
Jan 4, 2018
What is Platinum Games up to now anyway?, I seem to remember a time when they were talked about a lot.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I came away from this feeling like I had just played the video game equivalent of a direct-to-dvd Disney sequel. I mean, props to them for trying something weird with some of the story beats but goddamn if there's another game I hope they just sweep this one under the rug.

I totally liked Okamiden but the analogy of it being a direct to DVD Disney sequel is hilariously accurate lol!

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
this reads to me like Okami at Platinum is happening and she's saying she'd like to work there to work on the game

edit: no it doesn't I'm just clouded by hope

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Gaaah, it's a shame that I pretty much know Kamiya is trolling. That's his M.O.

I'd love to see a brand new Okami though, maybe on PS5. It would look incredible!

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Side note, I have been enjoying watching Ikumi Nakamura tour all of the world-class Japanese studios via Twitter. It feels like she has the pick of the litter for where she wants to go next and that will only be good for everyone.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The only logical explanation taking all of her latest Tweets into consideration is as new chairman of SIE Worldwide studios she's got Platinum and Sony Santa Monica to develop Okami 2 on PS5. With Treyarch doing the multiplayer mode. Starring Devil May Cry characters.

I for one can't wait for that game.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
LOL

What is Platinum Games up to now anyway?, I seem to remember a time when they were talked about a lot.
They just finished Astral Chain and should be working on at least Babylon's Fall with S-E (though we haven't seen anything since the artwork announce trailer) and Bayonetta 3. Probably other unannounced stuff too.

They were also working on Granblue Fantasy Relink as well until Cygames took it in house to finish.

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
A new Okami would be amazing. But I'm not getting too excited until I see some proof of actual progress.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'm not reading any of the replies in this thread which have no undoubtedly explained why this is not true using reasoning and logic. Fuck your reasoning and logic. New Okami confirmed, hell yeah!!!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Seeing Ikumi visiting all these places... she's taking a job interview tour, huh? Hope she gets something soon.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Seeing Ikumi visiting all these places... she's taking a job interview tour, huh? Hope she gets something soon.

She might just be taking a break from the industry for a bit if she got burned out from Ghostwire Tokyo. Platinum is full of ex-Capcom devs so she might just want to hang out with her old friends from the Capcom days. If she does end up at Platinum though, that would be a great get for them. She's an amazing artist.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Dude she's living her best life right now and I am SO here for it. I don't think I've seen a more desired female creative lead ever in the industry.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
oh man, I swear I searched if the topic was already created, the time of write down the thing and was already old, sorry :(

BTW big "news"... pls Capcom, let the man make the game...
I played the first Okami on PC this year and loved it (got all achievements too! even if I think that the game needed more dungeons), we really deserve a sequel.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She might just be taking a break from the industry for a bit if she got burned out from Ghostwire Tokyo. Platinum is full of ex-Capcom devs so she might just want to hang out with her old friends from the Capcom days. If she does end up at Platinum though, that would be a great get for them. She's an amazing artist.
She already worked at Platinum, then followed Mikami to Tango.
She would be rejoining.

Jan 20, 2019
Aw I would love for this to be real! Okami was such a beautiful and fun game, and it would be neat to see the art and world expanded further.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious to see where Ikumi's travels take her. She's very publicly visited quite a few high profile studios recently. One would assume she's doing so on job interviews, but I can't say I've ever seen someone go through that process so freely and openly.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
People are just getting worse and worse when it comes to detecting what's a joke.
Two former collegues just goofing off =
OKAMII 2 CONFIRMED!!!!

dtamago

Feb 1, 2019
Why are people taking her tweets seriously? just the other day someone posted that she hinted at a Bloodborne sequel, she is just having fun making references as far as I know, she's always been like that on Twitter.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the tweet. Might be, hopefully.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so Nakamura landed on Platinum Games? Or she was just hanging with Kamiya and this is just a fun video that he just wants to make it?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
She posted a "Bang bang bang!" clip a few days ago at Capcom USA.
OH MY GOD IKUMI IS WORKING ON THE NEXT DMC!