• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every time I make it to node E, I go off route :| I know there is like a 20% chance but every single time lately I always go to node E.
Doesn't help that out of the last 10 attempts, I only made it to the boss once cause at least one of my ship gets taiha at node E
Yeah, 5-5 is basically a troll EO map as it doesn't have fixed route to boss, unlike any other EO.
Some suggested to bring node support for 5-5, but I'm too lazy to set them up.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Event starts late August and is "slightly bigger than medium" from what I heard. Hopefully I will be back in the US before the event is over.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
5 maps with multiple phase then?
I should be back to my home late August. I'll visit my hometown in the middle of that month.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, finally done with Shiratsuyu 5-5 quest.
Took me 40+ buckets today alone and a couple of thousand other resources. Forced to use support expedition + adding expansion slot to Shiratsuyu (which in the end not really useful).

Well, at least I'm done with that quest now.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
oh, so they announced the date already. Wednesday to Friday huh.
i've finished the monthly quest and EO for world 1-4. will probably clear 5-5 this week before the maintenance.

hopefully they backup everything. i'd be very dissapointed if any ships goes missing.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the info. I think I have enough time to finish up 1-6 today (finished all the EO I am able to already)

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
it'll be extended for few hours, then open, which ends up not stable and followed up by emergency maintenance

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
past experience told us big maintenance (eg starting an event) all delay into midnight. This one probably goes all the way into Saturday.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
1st extension by 1:55 hours
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/1030344237714292737
will there be 2nd+?

edit: official browser compatibility
windows (8 and above): chrome, firefox, edge
mac (osx 10.11 and above) chrome, firefox, safari 11+
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/1030346359885389824
rest (like opera etc) is most likely still functioning as long as it's recent version and support html5, even on win7

edit2: delayed to 20:30 jst... supposedly

edit3: up @ around 20:55 jst... damn so smooth. also there's new sets of ui, with 3rd one have English variation lol

Last edited:

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
I was totally wrong on 3 days XD
It's so smooth now and I'm impressed lol. They changed ship sort by class now. So hard to choose the right ship now as I remember their location before. The ship type filter helps a lot tho.
Oh, btw kc3 still works a bit. At least it still can detect the quest ID and translate it.

Also, I transferred to Brunei Anchorage XD

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
from what I gathered, kc3 works, but need to change some display settings. poi & eo74 doesn't work atm, which I guessed due to ie base?
eo maps are reset as expected (also that 1-7 tease), so can reclear it again
there's bunch of new ui options, which include minor English ui
Also, I transferred to Brunei Anchorage XD
welcome!

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared world 1 with subs. Got another medal from 1-5 this month :)
World 2, compass RNG won't let me go to boss lol.

RIP for exp farming tho. Exp seems to be based from the enemy composition, just like event maps.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
orel is kinda hard now since for some reason they decided to buff up enemy asw

not sure why they decided to reduce exp in all nodes. even in later world is still low
https://twitter.com/nocua_kancolle/status/1030611794631450625
5-2 c is just 500-ish with flagship & mvp bonus (and s rank I think since air node is confirmed s if sub fleet is used) which is on old 1-5 exp level

also... tanakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
If1mkod.jpg

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Stuck at 5-2. Going to take a break for now.
Got that air defense and aerial battle node for some reason with a couple of Tsu class around. And boss hit hard.

On second thought, I should bring my battle ready ships in this map tho, not the one that I want to level up...

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
six subs going 2-2 or 2-3 is totally reliable and the destroyers are tougher to beat. on the other hand, having 6 cvl going 2-2 is the probably way to go in mainstream.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
3 cvl is enough for 2-1/2 transport apparently.
also 2-4 is bucket farm map, if your sub fleet can survive the 1st node

Last edited:
OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Was there a lot of changes regarding maps and fleet setup? Or is it still similar to before?

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
"to us it's 7-1 because it's the 7th world implemented, but you guys can call it whatever you like" :')
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/1030766173116235776
also the world sort map is based on the supposed distance from mainland base.... can see this will be more confusing later on when even more newer world happens nearer to base

Was there a lot of changes regarding maps and fleet setup? Or is it still similar to before?
mostly changed yes. like for example 1-5 you can now use 4dd w/o re-routed to other nodes, world 2 having 2 cv(l) limit in order to reach boss etc.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Total overhaul of maps and fleet composition. Except world 6, 3-5 and 1-6.
How experience is calculated also changed.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
Not only that, it changes almost the whole purpose of the maps. For me, 2-3 is a dead map (as oppose to 2-4 in phrase 1). 2-2 become a reliable source for transport ship related quest. 2-4 become a bucket farm. 5-2 is a safe heaven for leveling up subs etc. So we probably need a lot more to research.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
temporarily switched to poi while waiting eo74 update. I wonder if 2-2 baux is worth enough to farm, or it's just bonus stuff while doing transport mission there

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Orel is dead. :(

And I switched to Poi because I just assumed Kancolle Viewer is dead... RIP the true GOAT viewer.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
There is still bugs here or there. I got randomly crashed whenever I select the repair screen.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The next latest ranking reward will have gear relating to the upcoming event ships.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, using fast+ fleet for 4-5 feels so good lol. Lucky I have 6 boilers sitting around my base. Ship morale tanked real fast tho as only 3 nodes and one is a confirmed D rank node.

Getting 11 medals in one month is another plus I guess. 11 as 5-5 remains a cancer.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have enough time to unlock the EO besides 1-5 :( o well. at least I got another medal this month.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
I rushed to unlock all the maps after the maintenance was done. Kinda fun. It's like being a frontliner for an event or something. Figuring the fleet composition, the routing rule, the enemy fleet and such was kind of refreshing.
I haven't and won't be rushing any event, so rushing to unlock the redesigned map was a new experience to me, and I'm glad I did that. Really makes the game fun again lol.
It also helps that I got my resources on hard cap, and rushing those maps won't make my expeditions gain a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.