• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
finally new version of electronic observer. even the dev now is switching to chromium-based now thanks to html5. I guess trying to dev around edge is harder lol.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The new monthly ranking stuff

- [Large Gun] 16inch Mk.I Triple Gun Mount Kai + FCR type284
- [Medium Gun] Bofors 15.2cm Twin Gun Mount Model 1930 ★+2 (new!)
- [Dive Bomber] Ju87C Kai Ni (equipped with KMX) (new!)
- [Seaplane Recon] S9 Osprey (new!)

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they added new node support options from the events to regular maps?
You could always bring support expedition in world 5 right. Night support was added after those 7 ships in a fleet event I think.

Btw, 4-2 is a nice map to farm transport now. I could get like 5 transports in one sortie with barely any buckets used. 3 at G node and 2 at boss node.
My formation was CVL + 2CV + CAV + 2DD. If they go through north route, it'll have a high chance to get 5 transport kills on that run. Preboss only have some CA, CL and DD (and SS if you're unlucky) so your carrier could clear them easily.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
You could always bring support expedition in world 5 right. Night support was added after those 7 ships in a fleet event I think.

Btw, 4-2 is a nice map to farm transport now. I could get like 5 transports in one sortie with barely any buckets used. 3 at G node and 2 at boss node.
My formation was CVL + 2CV + CAV + 2DD. If they go through north route, it'll have a high chance to get 5 transport kills on that run. Preboss only have some CA, CL and DD (and SS if you're unlucky) so your carrier could clear them easily.
Yeah, it didn't activate at night though, and of course I never had to use support on World 5 once they made it easier anyway...

I miss orel for farming. It feels weird, I don't know where to go now. I guess 2-1 for CV kills and then 2-2 for Transport kills until you unlock the World 3/4 weeklies but meh. Killing orel kind of killed the game for me. lol

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
I miss orel for farming. It feels weird, I don't know where to go now. I guess 2-1 for CV kills and then 2-2 for Transport kills until you unlock the World 3/4 weeklies but meh. Killing orel kind of killed the game for me. lol
I don't think there's replacement for orel now lol. It's a miracle a SS survive the map now with a lot of ASW enemy ships now.
2-2 for fast transport dailies. I'm still missing place to hunt CV before World 3/4 quest unlock. Previously I run with 5-5 to farm CV + try clear the map. I guess I'll permanently shift the map to 6-5 now, but the CV count there aren't that much.

I'll remove the SS fleet in the preset as they aren't that useful now.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's replacement for orel now lol. It's a miracle a SS survive the map now with a lot of ASW enemy ships now.
2-2 for fast transport dailies. I'm still missing place to hunt CV before World 3/4 quest unlock. Previously I run with 5-5 to farm CV + try clear the map. I guess I'll permanently shift the map to 6-5 now, but the CV count there aren't that much.

I'll remove the SS fleet in the preset as they aren't that useful now.
Someone recommended 2-1 with 6 subs. Basically clear the World 2 daily as well. It sucks, but what can you do? lol

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
2-1 for weekly cv or w2 daily
2-2 for transport + mindless baux farm
3-3 for w3 weekly
4-2 for w4 + 50 transport

imo loss of orel doesn't matter much other than shifting places around for dailies/weeklies. even oil/ammo loss from there can be safely gained somewhere else (3-2 for ammo, 1-3 for oil)
exp on the other hand.... rip 3-2A/5-4

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
7-1 is only for light ship leveling. there's still no replacement for 3-2A. 5-2 air node has high barrier of entry, and still don't cover wider ship type. not entirely sure about 5-5

edit: apparently you no longer have to clear 1-5 first before doing 1-6 every time eo reset monthly
edit 2: or is it a bug? lol

Last edited:

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing.
I really prepared for event today. Even planned a long trip later. Time to clean up some EO then...

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
Consider the typhoon and earthquake hitting them really hard. I would expect at least 4 weeks time for the players to complete.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
Asian players here can take a break today :) wait for you guys report on first map.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
fell asleep earlier, and still in maintenance lol
Asian players here can take a break today :) wait for you guys report on first map.
e1-3 compo should be breeze for frontliners, since this month's comptiq already leaked

edit: e1 is a good place to farm. all those rare subs & de dropping there

Last edited:
OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I finished E1H already. I used 2CL, DD, 3 DE all with ASW and ASW support. Just started E2

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Since these are no real operations, ship locking should not be a big deal as long as you don't touch the foreign ship.
Just two more days, it should be okay. I'll get a better guide the more I wait anyway :)
Gonna attempt all hard clear again this event. Hopefully I could. Hard rewards looks okayish for the MO so far.

I finished E1H already. I used 2CL, DD, 3 DE all with ASW and ASW support. Just started E2
Nice. Did you get some noteable drop? I saw some got very nice SS drop during the clearing run.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just two more days, it should be okay. I'll get a better guide the more I wait anyway :)
Gonna attempt all hard clear again this event. Hopefully I could. Hard rewards looks okayish for the MO so far.

Nice. Did you get some noteable drop? I saw some got very nice SS drop during the clearing run.
Zara dropped for me so I am pretty excited about that. I also finished E2 and I think I will hold off on E3 till the EO are out. I will prob farm for Pola and some of the submarines in the mean time.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
early fall event is basically subcheese event. also lol watched some frontliners doing e5h last phase, really big different between pre-debuff & post

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared E1H with 6 runs, 1st last dance on head-on and not able to kill the boss.
EKGrleR.png

I got one Shion during the clear run.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
nelson touch is... interesting. ignoring the weird cg, triple attack on different targets is really gamechanger

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
CG is indeed weird.
Hopefully the same mechanic won't be applied to abyssal as well or it won't be fun to play the game anymore.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
CG is indeed weird.
Hopefully the same mechanic won't be applied to abyssal as well or it won't be fun to play the game anymore.
oh don't you worry, knowing tanaka he will. the real question is when :')
someone likened this mechanic like arpeggio lasers back in 2013 during arpeggio collab, where both side had them.
also I somehow remembered that one guy thinking he can retain iona by scrapping every single ship before event ends... and it didn't end well obviously

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
oh don't you worry, knowing tanaka he will. the real question is when :')
someone likened this mechanic like arpeggio lasers back in 2013 during arpeggio collab, where both side had them.
also I somehow remembered that one guy thinking he can retain iona by scrapping every single ship before event ends... and it didn't end well obviously
That's bad news I guess. Multi taiha on one node is not fun lol.

Done E3H. Got multiple duplicate Saberkaze. No foreign ship dropped for me so far.
Used dupes ship a lot like ABKM, KTKM, Ooi and double dragon.

Phase 1 (LBAS 1 & 2 - fighter + 3 bombers to node M)

Phase 2 (LBAS 1 - full ASW to node I; LBAS 2 - full bomber node O)

Phase 3 (LBAS 1 - taitei + 3 fighters to node Q; LBAS 2 - full bomber node O, to node Q on last dance). Boss support used on last dance

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You're clearing on medium? How's E4?
It wasnt that bad from I can remember. I didnt really have troubles with E4. Phase 1 of E5 was easy, but phase 2 was a pain and I had to drop down the difficulty. Finally finish phase 2 just now and will prob do the gimmicks stuff tomorrow. Also there are only ship locks on hard mode of E5.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
It wasnt that bad from I can remember. I didnt really have troubles with E4. Phase 1 of E5 was easy, but phase 2 was a pain and I had to drop down the difficulty. Finally finish phase 2 just now and will prob do the gimmicks stuff tomorrow. Also there are only ship locks on hard mode of E5.
Okay, good to know that E4H isn't that sanity draining. Did you use alternative route or just brute force the normal route? Too many shiplocks on E4 with all those TCF, STF and single fleet stuff.
Also, did you managed to get Gotland?

Status
Not open for further replies.