• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Secret Fawful

Oct 25, 2017
USA
brJFmT2.jpg

Original image from an HD Wallpaper website.

Welcome to Kansas City, home of BBQ and jazz! If you're a longtime resident or are just moving to the city, this is the community for you! Anyone traveling to KC can come here to talk about the city, ask for advice if they plan on visiting, or talk about experiences they had here, good or bad. Also, if you want to discuss the Kansas City Royals, the Kansas City Chiefs, or any other KC sports topics, that's okay too.

Notable People from Kansas City

Janelle Monae
Walt Disney
Ub Iwerks
Ernest Hemingway
Harry S. Truman
Eminem
Walter Cronkite
Don Cheadle
Dee Wallace
Jason Sudeikis
Paul Rudd
Ginger Rogers
William Powell
Ellie Kemper
Sarah Lancaster
Robert A. Heinlein
Jean Harlow
Karolyn Grimes
Maurice Green
Friz Freleng
Joan Crawford
Johnny Young Bosch
Ed Asner
Burt Bacharach
Robert Altman
Wallace Beery

I plan to update this with information about each segment of the city, so for now have fun!

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, a KC thread? Neat. I live downtown, been in KC just over 4 years now.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
Is anybody planning on going to the KC Comicon this weekend? I have a weekend pass for the first time for any Con, planning on probably Friday and Saturday for a few hours each.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes! Nice work OP! I'm glad someone finally did it!

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So where's everyone seeing TLJ? I'm going to Cinemark in Merriam with a few friends. 3D XD, baby!

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I used to live by the River Market. My job is right in the heart of it so I am still there, like, every day but I recently moved to Independence.

So much charm and life here.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not there (it's happening right now), but I just saw on FB from a friend who is that Uematsu is there, in the audience!
Yeah, it was great! I really wish he had done a meet and greet afterwards but I understand why he didn't, I just really wanted to thank him for all the music that comprised my formative years.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
I might be crazy, but is that image in OP actually kansas city? I don't see anything recognizable in it, lol.

Who's going to the game tomorrow?

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, it's the biggest Red Friday ever GET EXCITED

Look at this picture someone posted on KC Reddit about an hour ago lol

0g0tyk0u35e41.jpg

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
Last time I posted I was going to last years AFC championship. Went again this year, and was much more satisfied. Looking forward to this weekend!

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Found out earlier this month that my grandma and great-grandma worked with the Chiefs the last time they went to the Super Bowl to do a fundraiser in honor of my grandpa that died in Vietnam in 1969. They got several kids to go to the game and gave them signed footballs from the entire team. My uncle still has his.

KH1cllm.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
If you're used to California rents, you could also go for a loft downtown. I loved my time in a loft in the River Market, and I miss it a lot. Buying a house was totally worth it though.

And if you do move here, you've got to try the BBQ and go to some of the legit amazing museums here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're used to California rents, you could also go for a loft downtown. I loved my time in a loft in the River Market, and I miss it a lot. Buying a house was totally worth it though.

And if you do move here, you've got to try the BBQ and go to some of the legit amazing museums here.
I recently moved to LA but I suppose I rather move somewhere cheaper and live more comfortable

Oct 27, 2017
I recently moved to LA but I suppose I rather move somewhere cheaper and live more comfortable
If you want cheaper rent, then look in the northland (north of the river). It's quieter, and not as prestigious as Overland Park or downtown, but you get more for your money, and it's still super easy to get anywhere you want to go. Kansas City is physically a fairly large city, but our highways make it easy to get anywhere. You can pretty much go to the opposite side of the city in half an hour.

I'd also suggest making sure you find someplace where Google Fiber is available.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you want cheaper rent, then look in the northland (north of the river). It's quieter, and not as prestigious as Overland Park or downtown, but you get more for your money, and it's still super easy to get anywhere you want to go. Kansas City is physically a fairly large city, but our highways make it easy to get anywhere. You can pretty much go to the opposite side of the city in half an hour.

I'd also suggest making sure you find someplace where Google Fiber is available.
Google fiber still being available is a beautiful word to hear

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. There may be some errant snow but nothing crazy. Unless mother nature is off the chain next year.