• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite track?

• One of the basura trio (ITAKY, Yikes, All Mine)

Votes: 100 21.6%
  • Wouldn't Leave

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No Mistakes (Jmon certified)

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Ghost Town

Votes: 248 53.7%
  • Violent Crimes

Votes: 58 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is the snippet with Cudi I heard about Kanye drinking all the wine on this album or their collab?

m23

Oct 25, 2017
From Daytona to this...will need to listen a few more times. The last 2 songs sound good though.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
from the hip-hop OT:

The most frustrating thing about this album is where you can see the pure talent and experience shining through.

I Thought About Killing You could really be something, but 75% of the song is a dumb monologue. Wouldn't Leave feels like half of an idea to a good song No Mistakes is SO CLOSE to being an anthem, but it just feels unfinished. Ghost Town is the type of fun dumb song that would be awesome as like........ the change of pace song on a great album. But none of it comes together at all.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
I don't really agree with the negative reaction. Not big on Yikes and All Mine but even they have pretty nice production. Totally into the back half. Solid release, probably higher on my list of favorite Kanye albums than it is lower.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Town and Violent Crimes the stand outs for me. Closest to MBDTF, so I know that's why.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bro, I am so helype for Nas to get to flow over this kanye production level is going to be lit af

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even if I went through the effort of separating the art from the artist (something that Kanye has by admission gone against with every post-Dark Fantasy album being all about his self-absorbed persona) this is still the most disposable, forgettable album that he's put out.

Say what you will about TLOP; the novelty of that album wore off for me fast but at least it felt like there was still a method to the madness. This in contrast is him being on autopilot. Most of the instrumentals here aren't anything we haven't heard before. Ghost Town sounds like a pale imitation of a MBDTF track, and while the lyrics on this album don't quite sink to Tentacion levels of shallow, they're nowhere near as provocative as something like Real Friends. Violent Crimes is the only pretty okay track in here.

I dunno, this is just such a mediocre effort. Among the hype that this would be "Fantasy: The Sequel", that the scoopidy-poop track was just Kanye trolling people, that Real Friends was allegedly the inspiration behind the album, what we got is a half-baked mixtape masquerading as an album. I don't know why people let Kanye's personal goon squad get people hyped about his albums. Of course they're going to sing it's praises.

cjkeats

Oct 27, 2017
S. John's, NL Canada
Stayed up all night and listened on stream. I like it, even if it's half the album I wanted.
Listened to it again this morning on the drive to work, still like it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kids See Ghost gonna be too good tho.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
This seems pretty good to me

It's definitely a lot of navel-gazey Kanye feeling sorry for himself

also dude needs help

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I love how the Stans were hoping for this album to show that Kanye ACTUALLY played 4D-Chest and would completely blow the hinges off of America with a revelatory album that would show all of his statements to be part of his performance, only for this album to be a limp-dick parade of nothing in the vein of Eminem's Revival only that it somehow has even less to say.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I
Oh but it was. Except for three tracks I find the album really really bad. Horrible lyrics, annoying flows. Not good at all man. But to each his own. When I then heard the track Saint Pablo I was like... why Kanye, why couldn't the actual cd be like this?

MBDTF remains my fav.
No it's fine, Saint Pablo is a standout but I consider everything after Frank's Track as bonus. Yeezus is my fav, but MBDTF is arguably his best and once in a generation type of album.

Back to Life of Pablo. The album with its highs and lows, ranging from euphoric Highlights to FML, along with everything in between and surrounding shows the albums concept perfectly. Kanye wants to be an artist like Pablo Picasso, but always manages to come across as Pablo Escobar.

Oct 27, 2017
I love how the Stans were hoping for this album to show that Kanye ACTUALLY played 4D-Chest and would completely blow the hinges off of America with a revelatory album that would show all of his statements to be part of his performance, only for this album to be a limp-dick parade of nothing in the vein of Eminem's Revival only that it somehow has even less to say.

Gotem!

I like this album. There's some legit classic kanye production on here. Like, a good solid 8 minutes or so. Lol.

jaytothe

Oct 30, 2017

jesus christ

RedValkyrie

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay album.

Felt like a mix of his previous releases.

Unfortunately nothing was memorable. ITAKY was my favorite.

Oct 25, 2017
Good time to be a Pusha stan

Anyways, I really enjoyed backing sample in the opening track. Gave me some Bon Iver or even Caroline Shaw vibes. Curious how that part came to be

Ghost Town best track

DAYTONA out now

Wooden Robot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is pretty good if judged by nothing else than production alone. People who say otherwise are those that are perpetually stuck on the college years or hating on Kanye for the MAGA stuff, and don't get me wrong I wanted not to like it because of that myself.

Milk Lizard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TOBYHANNA, Pa
I love how the haters were hoping for this album to show that Kanye ACTUALLY is a talentless bipolar hack and would make an album even more embarrassing than his recent quotes or that time Damon Albarn had to become a fucking cartoon character to still be successful, only for this album to be a full on hard thick as a beer can cock parade of greatness in the vein of Enter the Wu-Tang, only that it somehow has even more to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.