• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite track?

• One of the basura trio (ITAKY, Yikes, All Mine)

Votes: 100 21.6%
  • Wouldn't Leave

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No Mistakes (Jmon certified)

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Ghost Town

Votes: 248 53.7%
  • Violent Crimes

Votes: 58 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
This seems pretty good to me

It's definitely a lot of navel-gazey Kanye feeling sorry for himself

also dude needs help

I watched a bit of that interview with Charlamagne and there it seemed he was actually doing alright and not as "wild and crazy" I guess as he had been in some videos where he went "you don't kbow the answers Sway, I am the biggest rock star bla bla. What makes you say he needs help?

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
well I listened to it....nothing stood out to me that made me want to give it another listen.

im fucking sad man. I love kanye but this feels super boring.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A song called "Yikes" on this album is pretty appropriate given that's my overall impression listening to this mundane music

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
As someone with a 2 year old daughter, Violent Crimes had me near sobbing on the drive into work

#notashamed

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
First listen. Production is nice, but everything else, eeeeeh.

Definitely in the bottom third. Ye will never make a truly great album again.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
It's his worst album, IMHO. But that isn't saying much since all of his albums are excellent. I like it more after hearing a legit version.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Kanye rapping like Nicki is hilarious. I knew that flow sounded familiar. And the voicemail at the end makes it.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some truly gorgeous, jaw-dropping moments on here. Haven't listened enough to come up with much of an opinion beyond that, but I will say Kanye at his most incomplete and demo-ish is better than a lot of artists' entire careers.

Might have teared up a bit at "we're still the kids we used to be... i put my hand on the stove to see if I still bleed."

Some stuff here captures that feeling of the interpenetration of joy, horror and sorrow from manic/depressive episodes in a completely unique (and eerie) way.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Not his best album but not his worst either. I think I like All Mine and Ghost Town the best.

Oct 25, 2017
There's not really a stand out track. I think the closest is Ghost Town, and that's more on 070 Snake. The tracks seem to range from eh to great when his albums usually have tracks that range from good to holy shit

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man folks were real quick to forget about Kanye's shitty opinions, huh? Has it even been a month?
This album made me remember them because his crazy tirades were more memorable than any track on here.

The whoopidy scoop track was honestly better than anything on here because at least I remember it.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it´s really cool.

Kinda sucks because I really wanted to hate it.

Because I really, really think Kanye is somewhere between an asshole and a moron.

But this album? It´s good.

Deleted member 43462

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
Not really feeling this album. It just feels kind of rushed. Whatever you want to say about Ye's past albums, you can just tell a lot of work goes into the production/construction of his records (in the case of Pablo, he kind of spent too much time on it and wouldnt leave things alone).

Yeezus also had a quick turn around once Rubin got involved. But that album worked, since it was stylistically supposed to be agressive/industrial/punk. I have my issues with Yeezus (as I think the album could have used more time on the production side). But this new album just feels very, anemic. I'm really bummed.

EDIT:

I see a lot of people praising the production. *shrugs*. Maybe I just personally don't find it that engaging. I should go back and listen to this album with some good headphones.

Last edited:

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
This is Kanye's first complete miss for me. I'd take any other Ye album over this.

I'd take Cruel Summer over this.

Oct 26, 2017
So what are the release dates for the album with Cudi and the when is Nas?

Hopefully the cd with Cudi is dope. I'll always love Welcome to Heartbreak .

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
First listen. Production is nice, but everything else, eeeeeh.

Definitely in the bottom third. Ye will never make a truly great album again.

what's frustrating is there's still a high chance he could. the production's there, he just needs better writers. that's literally it.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's better than TLOP but it's still shit. That titties line was all-time great Ye though.

Poopity scoop indeed.

Edit: That 070 Shake verse is one of the worst things I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. Who sat in the studio and thought that was good?

Last edited:

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
This album feels half-baked. While it's an enjoyable enough listen, but it doesn't feel as memorable or groundbreaking as any previous Kanye West album. The music sounds nice enough, and Kayne's rapping is consistent, but it doesn't feel like there is particularly strong statement or concept that surface's from this album. Ye feels primarily defined by a sort of softness and vulnerability, probably as a result of his recent fatherhood, the Kim shit that happened in Paris, and his mental health. The album doesn't entirely land though because he doesn't really lean into that concept moreso then just hinting at it in the lyrics.

Ghost Town feels like a Kanye classic though. I wish the entire album was that consistent.

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty terrible, instantly forgettable album. Kanye on that losing streak. I hated TLOP, and but I think that's better than what's on offer here.
This is coming from someone that loved Yeezus, and absolutely loved everything that came before. In retrospect, I can see Yeezus is definitely the turning point. It's amazing, but 95% of that amazing is the incredible production work. Ye sells it, but still, the production is where the shine is.

Status
Not open for further replies.