• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite track?

• One of the basura trio (ITAKY, Yikes, All Mine)

Votes: 100 21.6%
  • Wouldn't Leave

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No Mistakes (Jmon certified)

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Ghost Town

Votes: 248 53.7%
  • Violent Crimes

Votes: 58 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2017
So I was having a conversation about this album with a friend and I think I really got to the root of what bothers me with it, and it's the glamorization of mental health issues. More pointedly, it's people saying how brave this album is for talking about mental health, all while being completely unaware that what is happening on this album isn't "good". He's framing mental health as something to be proud of, as a "super power". While I believe fully that every human being should be proud of themselves and not ashamed of their afflictions, I think it is inherently dangerous to frame something as volatile as bi-polar disorder as something that doesn't need treatment (aka a super power). The disorder can be exceptionally dangerous, and framing it as something that's awesome is just incredibly ignorant.

It's not ignorant to "frame" mental health issues as something beautiful.
I doubt anyone denies the importance of treatment, but to frame being Bi-Polar as "dangerous" is wrong. There are down sides to it, but there are beautiful moments too. Calling someone with a mental health issue a "superhero" can do wonders for their self-esteem. imo :)

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It's not ignorant to "frame" mental health issues as something beautiful.
I doubt anyone denies the importance of treatment, but to frame being Bi-Polar as "dangerous" is wrong. There are down sides to it, but there are beautiful moments too. Calling someone with a mental health issue a "superhero" can do wonders for their self-esteem. imo :)

Being bi-polar isn't dangerous, no, and I'm not trying to advocate that point so I hope that's not how it came across. I'm saying that it is dangerous to frame it as something that is awesome. Bi-polar disorder does come with some very dangerous low points if someone doesn't seek treatment, develop coping mechanisms, or have a good support system. My problem is just how nonchalantly he is framing his own struggle with mental health, which is his right, but it's also a detriment to children who might look up to him and suffer from similar struggles. Kanye's life is far and away different from anyone who genuinely struggles with mental illness. He has copious resources to get treatment, and people who will stand by him during his lows, both his wife (for whatever reason) and likely a squad of yes men. That is the case for almost any celebrity. Yes, mental illness can get the best of absolutely anyone, and no one is immune no matter how wealthy or great your quality of life is...but they are still different in their own respects.

Plus this dude is bragging about being "broke"...when he was living in a mansion married to a Kardashian worth tens of millions of dollars. :P

RogerK

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...west-eighth-straight-number-one-album-w521322
On the Charts: 'Ye' Gives Kanye West Eighth Straight Number One Album

Kanye West claimed his eighth consecutive Number One album as the rapper's Ye opened atop the Billboard 200.

Ye sold 205,000 total copies in its first week of release, although the bulk of that haul was thanks to 120,000 streaming equivalent albums (SEAs). 85,000 copies of the seven-song LP were from traditional sales; it's unclear whether the physical copies sold exclusively on West's website were part of that total.

West joins Eminem as the only artists to debut at Number One with eight straight albums, Billboard reports.

Depending on how the Billboard 200 views West and Kid Cudi's Kids See Ghosts, the rapper could make it a record-breaking nine straight Number One albums next week.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
For any guy that ever fucked up

Ever embarrassed they girl

Ever embarrassed they wife

She told you not to do that shit

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
just got my wyoming hoodie in

yikes, should have sized up. Usually larges run large on me but damn, this thing is going to disappear if I wish it

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck. What kinda sizes are these even.

Put in a request to cancel it since it hasn't shipped yet, hopefully they can work that out.

Last edited:

Mike Double U

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
giphy1pnkhv.gif

Me opening the thread thinking there was a new single or Yandi stealth drop...

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
It's easily his worse release. How you go from making something like MBDTF to this is beyond me. He becomes less patient with each album. TLOP was the beginning of the end. Dude needs to get it together and craft a REAL album instead of a collection of glorified demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.