• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite track?

• One of the basura trio (ITAKY, Yikes, All Mine)

Votes: 100 21.6%
  • Wouldn't Leave

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No Mistakes (Jmon certified)

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Ghost Town

Votes: 248 53.7%
  • Violent Crimes

Votes: 58 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Sound is gorgeous. Heart-on-the-sleeve. Evokes a much more consolidated kind of disjointedness than TLOP. That said, it's still a disjointed compulsiveness, Kanye's still Kanye, and the record may be a bit bite-sized and spite ready, though the bites present are soaring Late Registration/Pablo streaks. Maybe one day reconciliation will be had. In the meantime, he can wash out an ear with this.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
no one forgot about it. sometimes great artists have shitty opinions, christ.

anyway. listening again. this is an important, significant album. not just the music

Its not like Kanye woke up one morning and decided to love Trump. His whole world-view is that internal process is more important than external reality. Who cares how Trump actually impacts the world when endorsing him makes Kanye feel good and empowered? People supporting this album can't avoid endorsing that perspective.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its not like Kanye woke up one morning and decided to love Trump. His whole world-view is that internal process is more important than external reality. Who cares how Trump actually impacts the world when endorsing him makes Kanye feel good and empowered? People supporting this album can't avoid endorsing that perspective.
total nonsense.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Man folks were real quick to forget about Kanye's shitty opinions, huh? Has it even been a month?
It's his shitty opinions that are making me not listen to this album and just lurk this thread. He's one of my favorite artists so it hurts a lot lol. Some people never made the commitment, so saying they forgot is off base. They don't care and never did, so I don't see the point in arguing about it here. They know full well what happened and aren't changing their minds.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a bit of that interview with Charlamagne and there it seemed he was actually doing alright and not as "wild and crazy" I guess as he had been in some videos where he went "you don't kbow the answers Sway, I am the biggest rock star bla bla. What makes you say he needs help?

well, beyond all the MAGA/slavery/dragon energy madness, on this album he talks about killing himself, scaring himself, "I don't take advice from people", etc..

I mean I don't really know, I guess I just think if the dude actually hurt himself or did something else really crazy none of us could act that surprised

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
this is a really raw, intimate album. I've had my share of manic depressive episodes in my life and this album sounds like that. madness condensed in a way that doesn't make any sense and that scares you while going through it.

I think no matter what he does after this album this will always be viewed a hid worst record, but it's frightening and emotional in a way that I think is really special.

edit: also foh with that thread title.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I think the biggest sin of this album, unlike any other Kanye album, is that it's boring. There's a sad undercurrent to it and has some interesting ideas but overall nothing is really grabbing me.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
this is a really raw, intimate album. I've had my share of manic depressive episodes in my life and this album sounds like that. madness condensed in a way that doesn't make any sense and that scares you while going through it.

I think no matter what he does after this album this will always be viewed a hid worst record, but it's frightening and emotional in a way that I think is really special.
exactly. i'm not sure if people who haven't experienced manic depression can really understand this album fully. second listen has me in tears. i guess that just makes me one of those "crazy people" according to some dicks in this thread though

chromefrog

Nov 26, 2017
Kanye fans the worst, so goddamn hyperbolic. I think it's a fine album, very sad and I relate to Ye's headspace. The lyricism is for sure disappointing, but it didn't seem too egregiously bad. This for sure conjures up some warm feelings though, Ghost Town man ;_;

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
I only like Yikes. Cos of the beat and flow.

The rest seems like Kanye smelling his own farts. I only listen to music to bump to.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
It's a first and foremost producer/vibes album. I would listen to this in the same way I'd listen to jazz, not for lyrics but for a certain feel, which usually includes going to a jazz club to do so. I kind of feel bad for those trying to analyze or champion the lyrical side of this project.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
So what's the deep reveal/insight on Kanye's Trump-loving behavior that Pusha T was promising would come out on this album?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest sin of this album, unlike any other Kanye album, is that it's boring. There's a sad undercurrent to it and has some interesting ideas but overall nothing is really grabbing me.
boring, redundant, and already feels irrelevant, which has never happened with a Kanye album until this year. No new ideas, nothing sonically interesting, no power behind any of the half-assed songwriting. Overlong despite being only 7 songs/20+ mins long. Like notes quickly written down on a napkin, but he submitted that as his thesis statement.

Dude is another level in this thread, b.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
exactly. i'm not sure if people who haven't experienced manic depression can really understand this album fully. second listen has me in tears. i guess that just makes me one of those "crazy people" according to some dicks in this thread though
I've suffered from manic depression for the last four years. I legitimately question my life worth every day and I have very few people in my life I can confide in.

This album is still a trashfire. It's not about manic depression. It's about Kanye being Kanye.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the album after a few listenings

Ghost Town is my favorite I think, the talent on it is overwhelming. Ye, Jonh Legend, Cudi and Shake killed it

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DAYTONA was on amazon day 1

where is this

Wth is amazon

I love how the haters were hoping for this album to show that Kanye ACTUALLY is a talentless bipolar hack and would make an album even more embarrassing than his recent quotes or that time Damon Albarn had to become a fucking cartoon character to still be successful, only for this album to be a full on hard thick as a beer can cock parade of greatness in the vein of Enter the Wu-Tang, only that it somehow has even more to say.

Man what the fuck are you smoking lmao

Man folks were real quick to forget about Kanye's shitty opinions, huh? Has it even been a month?

Anyone who's even willing to listen to it. Truly seems like Kanye West is someone anyone is willing to forgive.

These posts are terrible. You're free to write him off for the Trump shit. But you should go back to your holes if you really think people aren't capable of separating the art and artist, you may not be, and that's okay toot. Not just that, I could give a fuck about Trump and politics. I'm here for music. Implying that me listening to the album somehow means I support or endorse Trump is not only disingenuous, it's fucking stupid. Pull your head out of your ass.

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
This seemed great on a first listen. Musically, I just wasn't as on board with Ghost Town as the others. The rest largely seemed excitingly cool.

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
After Cudi on this album, I don't have high hopes for next weeks Kanye colab.

I miss the old Cudi.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
As someone with a 2 year old daughter, Violent Crimes had me near sobbing on the drive into work

#notashamed

The thing that undercuts Violent Crimes is like, he still has some corny ass lines about women on this album on All Mine. It kind of made me take Violent Crimes a lot less seriously.

I do wish the album leaned more into the sound/concept of Ghost Town and Violent Crimes.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Town and No Mistakes are the standout tracks. 5/5

Yikes, Wouldn't Leave, and Violent Crimes are good. 4/5

I Thought About Killing You and All Mine are okay. 3/5

A good 4/5 album. Not perfect definitely, and can feel very similar to work he's already done. That's the most disappointing thing about the album. I'm just glad it's not a disaster.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These posts are terrible. You're free to write him off for the Trump shit. But you should go back to your holes if you really think people aren't capable of separating the art and artist, you may not be, and that's okay toot. Not just that, I could give a fuck about Trump and politics. I'm here for music. Implying that me listening to the album somehow means I support or endorse Trump is not only disingenuous, it's fucking stupid. Pull your head out of your ass.
Separate artist from art ? That is just code word for people not caring or not wanting to confront that that thier favorite aritst is fuckin full of shit. Just come out and same that you don't care about what Ye but don't give people that bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.