• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*sigh* By what measure?

The measure of die hard Ye fans who knows the truth that he saved America and the world by singlehandedly inspiring Obama to run for office.
I mean, if that does't make him the best artist ever, what possibly could?
Subjective opinion on music doesn't exist, he's the best and the best means the best means the best. Gosh.

bixio

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
The measure of die hard Ye fans who knows the truth that he saved America and the world by singlehandedly inspiring Obama to run for office.
I mean, if that does't make him the best artist ever, what possibly could?
Subjective opinion on music doesn't exist, he's the best and the best means the best means the best. Gosh.
Who's the best modern recording artist in your book, Novel?

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can like the guy all you want. My issue is just with insulting people over either liking something else or calling their opinions basically trash or wrong or not possibly a hip-hop listener if they may not like him as much as you two do.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I didn't expect to come in this thread and see things like "Kanye never made bad music" or "Kanye got Obama elected".

This is certainly a thread.

bixio

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I didn't expect to come in this thread and see things like "Kanye never made bad music" or "Kanye got Obama elected".

This is certainly a thread.
Point me to the Kanye bad music please. I'll wait.

You can like the guy all you want. My issue is just with insulting people over either liking something else or calling their opinions basically trash or wrong or not possibly a hip-hop listener if they may not like him as much as you two do.
No one insulted anyone. In my experience the people who relentlessly shit on Kanye either A. don't listen to hip hop or B. Let politics decide everything
Neither one of those options gets a me to have much respect for your opinion. If there's a C I'm all ears.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
As someone with a Kanye inspired avatar, I would just like to say that not all Kanye West fans are insane people who believe he inspired Obama to run for president or never made bad music.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Novel whenever someone asks for receipts

tumblr_lu4e6mStXr1qllvazo1_500.gif

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're convinced a celebrities impact is universal and completely divorced from context

It's not.

See: black vote turn out during the midterms

And you're convinced there's no such thing as subjective taste in music and that Kanye doesn't genuinely hold his views or if he does, it's no big deal which comes very eerily close to defending his views which you claimed to not be doing. Despite your consistent insistence, it just doesn't work that way. It's disturbing to excuse him in this kind of manner. The hypocrisy is the issue for me here. You're doing anything to not acknowledge it.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one insulted anyone. In my experience the people who relentlessly shit on Kanye either A. don't listen to hip hop or B. Let politics decide everything
Neither one of those options gets a me to have much respect for your opinion. If there's a C I'm all ears.

coconut milk has, numerous times, over music opinions.

In my experience, people who shit on Kanye: A) Do listen to hip-hop and just have different opinions than you do. or B) Care about politics because that shit directly impacts their lives, their friends lives and the future. To act like it's not important is just weird.

You can still like the guy all you want. I'm not arguing against that. Just this mentality that Kanye is untouchable, makes only good music and is some sort of god.

Novel whenever someone asks for receipts

tumblr_lu4e6mStXr1qllvazo1_500.gif

Weird, that looks like you whenever discussing your hypocrisy comes up/his political views. :thinks: Congrats, I'm not going to bother with you further. It's clear you don't want to own up to or face what you're arguing in a intellectually honest manner.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I'd take cheating on your wife over wearing a MAGA hat and espousing Trumpian rhetoric any day of the week.

https://www.romper.com/p/jay-zs-apology-for-beyonces-miscarriages-in-444-will-wreck-you-67775

Although she's a very private person who rarely grants interviews, Beyoncé has been uncharacteristically candid about miscarrying before giving birth to her oldest child, daughter Blue Ivy, in 2012. But apparently it happened again, and JAY-Z's apology for Beyoncé's miscarriages in 4:44 is particularly tragic,

all your favs are trash. i just don't pretend

bixio

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I'd take cheating on your wife over wearing a MAGA hat and espousing Trumpian rhetoric any day of the week.

And I agree with that opinion. First time Kanye has disappointed me with his solo material.
Jay Z would be nothing without Kanye. As evidenced by now, as his career died when he stopped working with Ye. Also, it's not just some wife, it's BEYONCÉ bro. He cheated on Beyoncé, someone 10 times better looking than him. He shouldn't even have her to begin with and he cheated on the goddess queen bey. Horrible. So what Ye put the MAGA hat on during a mental breakdown. He hasn't even tweeted in 2019. We can see where Yandhi era takes us, so far that's away from the politics.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
And you're convinced there's no such thing as subjective taste in music and that Kanye doesn't genuinely hold his views or if he does, it's no big deal which comes very eerily close to defending his views which you claimed to not be doing. Despite your consistent insistence, it just doesn't work that way. It's disturbing to excuse him in this kind of manner. The hypocrisy is the issue for me here. You're doing anything to not acknowledge it.
Weird, that looks like you whenever discussing your hypocrisy comes up/his political views. :thinks: Congrats, I'm not going to bother with you further. It's clear you don't want to own up to or face what you're arguing in a intellectually honest manner.

Ok to summarise:

1. His views imo were probably marketing. He has stated (numerous times, see charlamagnes interivew) that he doesn't actually know of any Trump policies.

2. Regardless, those are shitty views

3. His shitty views hasn't done anything to impact black voter turnout. There's been no actual impact over his tweets.

How on earth is that excusing anything???

(my posts regarding peoples taste in music was clearly tongue in cheek, stop being so sensitive :D)

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As for my personal favorite/best artist, to answer your earlier question, bixio. It varies widely. I listen to numerous artists across numerous genres and frankly it's hard for me to pin down to any singular person or group.

I even purposefully try to find new music often to expand what I'm listening to. Which typically means those genres get even more artists/bands added to them that I really admire. I'll get stuck on really liking some hip-hop artist or folk punk or synthwave or math rock group or etc. etc. etc. etc., listen to largely just them for a while, then expand out again.

My music tastes largely just snowball and I just keep adding artists I love onto the list. There's a lot of artists I respect and love so.....yea. Some more than others, sure, but by and large I can't easily narrow it down.

Last edited:

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Jay Z would be nothing without Kanye. As evidenced by now, as his career died when he stopped working with Ye. Also, it's not just some wife, it's BEYONCÉ bro. He cheated on Beyoncé, someone 10 times better looking than him. He shouldn't even have her to begin with and he cheated on the goddess queen bey. Horrible. So what Ye put the MAGA hat on during a mental breakdown. He hasn't even tweeted in 2019. We can see where Yandhi era takes us, so far that's away from the politics.

I don't even like Jay Z all that much, musically speaking. You are both making assumptions about me just because I criticised Kanye.

As for the comments about Hov shouldn't even be married to Bey is insulting to both people. It is extra gross that you consider infidelity to be extra bad just because the woman is attractive.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Wow this thread is a trash fire

I have a history of liking Kanye and feel he's been off his game since after Yeezus. There are some moments in TLOP and Ye but it's really scattered and the albums don't cohere. Man is talented as all hell and you can hear it in bits in pieces even in actual garbage toss off tracks like Lift Yourself but I feel like he has been losing himself for a long time. Hopefully whatever he comes out with next regains some of the consistency and thematic power his previous stuff had

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Wow this thread is a trash fire

I have a history of liking Kanye and feel he's been off his game since after Yeezus. There are some moments in TLOP and Ye but it's really scattered and the albums don't cohere. Man is talented as all hell and you can hear it in bits in pieces even in actual garbage toss off tracks like Lift Yourself but I feel like he has been losing himself for a long time. Hopefully whatever he comes out with next regains some of the consistency and thematic power his previous stuff had

So just completely ignore KSG and Daytona

This is why I don't believe the majority of you discuss his music in good faith. Just quick to shit on him for his tweeting

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
So just completely ignore KSG and Daytona

This is why I don't believe the majority of you discuss his music in good faith. Just quick to shit on him for his tweeting
Daytona is a Pusha T record that Kanye is on

I haven't listened to KSG yet so yea I'm guilty of missing that. Tend to sort of forget about side projects

And sorry dude like you are the "we forgive you king" guy so it's a bit hard to have a good faith discussion with you either. I try to have a nuanced opinion on Kanye but it's hard to have a conversation with an avowed stan

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I haven't listened to KSG yet so yea I'm guilty of missing that. Tend to sort of forget about side projects

dude....

Kanye EPd, made all the beats and chopped all the samples on Daytona. It's as much his as it is Pushas.

I don't mean to come off as snarky or rude (thread really isn't that serious) but you complain about the thread being a trash fire and do this?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if that had anything to do with the #1 rapper calling out the president for racism on the world stage as the entire earth watched a year earlier.. hmmm.. nah he said something nice about trump so I forgot all of the good he's done is nothing now!

And you say I'm hyperbolic.

That happened 3 years before the '08 election, and Rust Belt whites certainly didn't deliver Ohio and Indiana to Obama because Kanye called Bush a racist. Obama won because of Iraq, the economy, eight years of Bush that the country was ready to move on from, and his own personal charm. Kanye calling Bush a racist had literally nothing to do with anything in that election, and you won't find a single poll from that year to suggest otherwise. I'm not saying you're hyperbolic (I actually didn't say that at all!). What I'm saying is you're flat out wrong on the facts.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
And sorry dude like you are the "we forgive you king" guy so it's a bit hard to have a good faith discussion with you either. I try to have a nuanced opinion on Kanye but it's hard to have a conversation with an avowed stan

RG0BS1U.gif

Standard Era cop out whenever a poster feels like they are losing an argument with me on Kanye

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh god. This is the "we forgive you king" guy? That explains how diehard he is and how willing he is to dismiss/defend the guy. Like, dude......he and his work are allowed to be criticized.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
You can't be a fan of a musician/artist/director/actor/video game company or whatever if you aren't critical of what they produce.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
What do you want people to say? I don't get it. Kanye is amazing and everything he does is amazing? That's kind of boring. Kanye is actually one of my favorite artists of all time but that doesn't mean he or his work is exempt from criticism

Yo the bar is listening to KSG and knowing he produced all of Daytona

that's it

you completely missed it and I called you out on it. I agreed with an earlier poster saying TLOP lacked cohesiveness. There's plenty of critiques you can have on the guy, I've only seen one or two legit ones itt.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Like, dude......he and his work are allowed to be criticized.
You can't be a fan of a musician/artist/director/actor/video game company or whatever if you aren't critical of what they produce.

mhmmmmm

Yeah. TLOP has a handful of bombastic, iconic records. Ultralight Beam, FSMH pt1, Waves, NMPILA, 30 Hours, Saint Pablo are the standouts.

It doesn't have the cohesiveness to play from beginning to end. Which is a shame coming from the very tight Yeezus album

I admit Ye was underwhelming for his standards.

There's plenty more criticisms you can have of his music. Not seeing many here tho

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Without me these threads would literally be filled with the same copy paste posts about how disappointing Kanyes recent music (nonsense, KSG and Daytona) has been and that they won't be listening to this album (aka i never liked him and glad he fucked up)

I'm here to bat these bad faith trolls away. You're welcome Era.

internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

(ignore the maidens part)

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Lol, if you're really the one who made that post originally, then yeah, you're not to be taken seriously in Kanye threads. You played yourself on that one.

These threads are never serious. Bunch of poorly thought out """"""criticisms"""""" that fall apart under the tiniest bit of scrutiny.

Posters then proceed to get really rustled because they just got embarrassed by the "we forgive you king" guy. See: shnurgleton

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Point me to the Kanye bad music please. I'll wait.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Agree with your last two posts, jumping in thread now. Life of Pablo is where I went "woah, I'm off this train". He's mad talented but reached his greatest heights already it seems. Life of Pablo is mad interesting if you listen to it as a man losing his mind though, especially with the album cover.