• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
Damn this cursed forum for creating disagreements! :P
We get it, Kanye is cancelled, Kanye fans are mentally disabled, and the king shall not be forgiven. Is it literally impossible to talk about Kanye in any way at all without immediately falling back on these? I feel like I'm on LSA.
Of course ERA can hate on Kanye all it wants, it's not my problem, on the contrary, I love to hear what people think. However, does it really need to derail every thread that is about Kanye's album (or that is even tangentially related to Kanye)? It's not like everyone hasn't already said what they wanted to say on the whole "I love Trump" and "Slavery was a choice" stuff.

Anyway, I've already spent more words on this than I should have.

I wonder if this will still be on the album in some way? It's the only CDQ excerpt we have.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mods may as well make me mod of kanye threads

someone has to clean up all the bad faith trolls in every music centric kanye thread

Weird of you to call other people bad faith trolls. Come on man. It's not cute of you to act like you haven't been saying the stuff you have. You're so transparent.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I'm obviously in the minority on this thread, but, uh, I really like Ye. It took me a few listens, but I likes it. Pablo is hard to listen through though. Some good tracks but it's inconsistencies and lack of cohesion make it difficult to play through.

I agree with you I recently re listened to it and it's a damn solid album. I will say I'm a Ye stan though all his albums are solid to me no skipped songs.

Apart from Ghostface Killah, Kanye is one of the only rap artists who can put out consistently great albums with no duds.

I've been watching a lot of video essays on Ye from Noisy images and it really puts into perspective what a titan he is.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Weird of you to call other people bad faith trolls. Come on man. It's not cute of you to act like you haven't been saying the stuff you have. You're so transparent.

What

Man please.

Just quote these trolls or insults or leave me alone.

provide receipts or just leave me be.

All you've done for the past few pages is hurl accusations towards me without providing proof. I ask for proof then you disappear. Getting tired of this dance broski.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
booty. shit was out of the rotation after a week.

and this is coming from someone who thinks MBDTF is the album of the decade. and we about to wrap this decade up.
How is it possible to outright dislike Daytona? I can understand every other album Kanye produced last year but Daytona is very solid. Surely it can't be less than a 5/10 even if you dislike the subject matters.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What

Man please.

Just quote these trolls or insults or leave me alone.

provide receipts or just leave me be.

All you've done for the past few pages is hurl accusations towards me without providing proof. I ask for proof then you disappear. Getting tired of this dance broski.

The proof is in your previous posts in this thread. It wasn't that long ago. Not a dance, just tired of you acting like you didn't do what you did just recently. You being a mod of Kanye threads would just result in any critique of him or his music being silenced. So, no thanks.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Your avatar completely negates your opinion, see my previous post.

i'm being avatar shamed by a live action sonic :(

well shit den

on a completely unrelated note... what's your opinion on Scorpion. As a whole.

scorpion was also ass lol. worst drake album.

but at least nonstop was banger of the year until astroworld dropped and nice for what/god's plan/in my feelings got played out real quick but at least I remember them and the club went crazy every time. which ties back into why I Love It was so good.

conversely, those 4 kanye albums were in one ear and out the other

How is it possible to outright dislike Daytona? I can understand every other album Kanye produced last year but Daytona is very solid. Surely it can't be less than a 5/10 even if you dislike the subject matters.

worst pusha t album. especially painful coming off AOTY 2013.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Kanye hasn't made a good solo album since 2010 for me, so I have no hopes for this. Those Sunday things are pretty cool, though.

People still listen to this assholes music lol
People listen to a lot of assholes music.

It's not bad, but the album did nothing for me. I just don't think I'm a Pusha fan even though I'd like to be.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
The other guy didn't think so

Are you guys ever gonna stop trying to get me?

I agreed with your point about TLOP lacking cohesion. You just didn't have the full picture by not knowing Ye produced all of Daytona and you also didn't even listen to KSG. You were posting out of ignorance. That's ok. Bad faith trolls are the annoyances itt.

The BLJ

Feb 2, 2019
France
This thread proves that Kanye fans are on the same level as Rick and Morty fans

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2018%2F10%2Fkanye-west-shares-rick-and-morty-artwork-of-himself-1.jpg

i consider a 6/10 booty

5/10 or lower is trash. like ye
Working on the video game reviewer scale?

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
scorpion was also ass lol. worst drake album.

but at least nonstop was banger of the year until astroworld dropped and nice for what/god's plan/in my feelings got played out real quick but at least I remember them and the club went crazy every time. which ties back into why I Love It was so good.

conversely, those 4 kanye albums were in one ear and out the other

Sounds like you didn't give the albums time to sit. You were looking for slaps city and didn't get it.

bixio

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
This post and the response he's quoting are 100% off topic thread derailments and were reported as such.
Worse nowadays I'd say, R&M fans definitely took a step back after the shitshow that was the szechuan sauce

Wow this thread is a trash fire

I have a history of liking Kanye and feel he's been off his game since after Yeezus. There are some moments in TLOP and Ye but it's really scattered and the albums don't cohere. Man is talented as all hell and you can hear it in bits in pieces even in actual garbage toss off tracks like Lift Yourself but I feel like he has been losing himself for a long time. Hopefully whatever he comes out with next regains some of the consistency and thematic power his previous stuff had
This is on topic criticism.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you didn't give the albums time to sit. You were looking for slaps city and didn't get it.

Maybe. I didn't like Yeezus at first either but after a month or two my eyes were opened and I now consider it a classic. I liked TLOP from the first time I watched that MSG stream.

Ye and the other 3 I disliked day 1 and even after time I still dislike them. KSG is the best of the bunch but I don't think that says much. Again I'm the guy who loved I Love It so maybe that was more along the lines of what I wanted and didn't get.

If Kanye samples more early 90s house then I forgive him, king

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Just like Ye snitched on 69 and Melly, some people deserve the snitch. :)

You're welcome to stay on topic and discuss Ye, but drive by shitposts will be reported.

Dw he won't stay on topic. I embarrassed him earlier on itt and since then he's resorted to outright trolling. Sad!

Anyways, do we have any idea about who he's been working with in the studio lately? Should give us hints towards potential features...We had a fairly good idea last time because he was flying everybody out to Wyoming....

bixio

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
Dw he won't stay on topic. I embarrassed him earlier on itt and since then he's resorted to outright trolling. Sad!

Anyways, do we have any idea about who he's been working with in the studio lately? Should give us hints towards potential features...We had a fairly good idea last time because he was flying everybody out to Wyoming....
So far 6ix9ine, Ty Dolla $ign, XXXTENTACION, Kid Cudi, 070 Shake, Ant Clemons and Kenny G have all been involved or spotted in one way or another.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
but that's like the crux of most people's arguments against his music.

I'd love it if they expressed it in the same non trolly way you have

And itt all it's mainly been is "kanye fell off". And I critiqued that. Really not the same.

Smh people catching bans for poking fun at users with avatars of known child groomer Aubrey Graham? Streets is done.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
when you thought this was a new thread and then had to skim through 4 pages of king forgiving to find the actual thread bump about a church service

MPJLjrG.gif

can't remember the last time i used a facepalm gif but there it is

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
You think that's why he was banned? Look at his posts dude.

You think people aren't going to poke fun at Mr. "Slavery Was a Choice-- Bill Cosby INNOCENT"?

It's what his ban message is on

Say less, mods lurking, not tryna catch a ban before Sekiro

Anyways. Very excited over more Kanye x Ty$. They haven't missed yet!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Think Daytona is a little overrated... or maybe it's just hard to appreciate the production when the lyrics are often so shitty.

Last edited: