• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Why would he want to do that...

I don't want Kojima influencing Kanye's art with his junk.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The majority of people are simply dismissing the legitimate topics she is bringing up. What should she be warned for?
Typical ERA: woman tries to explain her opinion and gets threatened with being reported.
Are you guys being serious. She doubled down on her opinion that Kojima hated women, and when people called her out for it, while saying that they'd agree his games can problematic and sexist she handwaved it away by them mansplaining what being a misogynist is.

Also from what I've seen we were discussing about Kojima's terrible characterisation of women after that, so I'm not sure how everyone suddenly became no better than gamergaters.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The idea of judging someone's personality based on their creative output is pretty wonky. Like the comic "Bordertown" is super progressive and inclusive but that doesn't make it less likely that the allegations against the writer that have surfaced a few days ago are any less likely to be true.

Right? And anyone remember Amirox and how militantly progressive he was?

People are messy, layered, and contradictory, especially when their creative works come into play since there are filters and internal processes at play that we can only guess at. Like I said earlier I think if anything Kojima is a slight misandrist, But hedonistic/warped/unaware or flat out uncaring to the idea of how elements of things he enjoys are iffy at best. Or maybe he writes women as generally very competent as a part of an idealization fetish, I don't know.

I can't claim to know him simply by his (often bipolar) works. Not that every case is the same in that judgement of course.

Last edited:

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to an old 1UP Yours where Ryan Payton said Kojima vehemently hates rap, so if that hasn't changed in the last decade, this might get awkward.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
btw, i want y'all to look at this thread's trend of men insisting that another man cannot possibly be a misogynist despite endless examples of misogyny in his work the next time you pat yourselves on the back for being such a progressive video game forum and not at all like those gamergate weirdos

????? i literally named two. there's plenty of misogyny in his more recent games too, i'm not just talking about the shit in snatcher/policenauts.

Why would you talk about games that are more than 20 years old ?
I mean... Peace Walker and Phantom Pain are a thing if you want to find creepy/gross stuff. :""")
It's not like we had Paz dating stuff and creepy weird idol stuff (But she's 24 !!!... Yeah she's introduced as a 16 years old and looks like one.) And well... How can we not forget about "ashamed of our words and deeds" aka Kojima's waifu walking nearly naked and doesnt speak a word... Well, she's even called Quiet. :"""")