• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bowie kept his cancer secret until his death. Nice try though.
Bowie was diagnosed with liver cancer in mid-2014. The phrase "Blackstar" is a type of a cancer lesion. The music video for "Blackstar" is chockful of visual references to the idea of death and illness. Bowie knew he was sick and that he might die, so he "used" this grief, pain, and raw emotion to inspire his work.

You clearly know jack-shit about music since you're trying to find gotcha moments where there aren't any.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Kanye and his bullshit these last few years

Doesnt surprise me that Geoff would help him either as he loves people like Boogie around

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bowie was diagnosed with liver cancer in mid-2014. The phrase "Blackstar" is a type of a cancer lesion. The music video for "Blackstar" is chockful of visual references to the idea of death and illness. Bowie knew he was sick and that he might die, so he "used" this grief, pain, and raw emotion to inspire his work.

You clearly know jack-shit about music since you're trying to find gotcha moments where there aren't any.

Again, how is that the same as Kanye using his mothers death to promote himself?! Bowie didn't benefit financially and he knew it. Kanye on the other end used his own mothers death to benefit himself.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I like the people in this thread going "Keep that terrible human being away from Kojima!" as if Kojima himself also isn't a terrible human being with his rampant sexism and sexualization of minors featured in his games.
You should be fucking ashamed of this post. Jesus fucking christ...

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, how is that the same as Kanye using his mothers death to promote himself?! Bowie didn't benefit financially and he knew it. Kanye on the other end used his own mothers death to benefit himself.
AGAIN, HOW? The only way Kanye has "used" his mother's death is to inspire him with this creative works. He wrote an album about his mom's death. He named a charity after his mother. His first big creative company was named after his mother. You keep on saying "he used her death to get famous!!1", when he's paying homage to his mother in his everyday life. He did the same thing numerous musicians, filmmakers, artists, and so on have done after the death of a loved one: channeling their grief into their art.

You keep on making these nebulous statements, but you're not backing it up? What did he do to financially enrich himself after his mother's death?

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
Here, one of the best albums of last year, entirely about the death of his wife.

You're just off about this.

Art is a place where people can and should work through their emotions.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
The heat Geoff is getting is for welcoming Ninja with a rad carpet, and personally inviting Boogie to the Game Awards. Both people are trash, ergo Geoff is trash adjacent.
So Geoff is trash because he invited one guy who plays a lot of Fortnite and got popular for it, and another because he yells a lot in his videos?

...Wait, does the Ninja thing have something to do with him playing with Drake? Is Drake on Era's Hit List too?

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
I don't see the issue here I guess because I don't care. It's two creators possibly having small talk and/or lunch. It's not Kojima's fault that every time he takes a picture with a celebrity/dev people lose their shit and think a secret project is in the works and I also don't see them going into a political debate with Kojima ending up with a Maga hat on for the other end of it.

Take a step back and a breather from the forum if this is seriously causing you to be really upset.

Deleted member 20066

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. he is no genius.

2. The guy used his own mothers death to promote himself for crying out loud!
1. I completely agree that you (or anyone) don't have to like his music, but again, many people have been inspired by his music and speaking personally, I have felt emotional support and pure happiness through his music. His music means so much to me and many others.
So for you to state he is not a genius, all I end up hearing is "I don't like him therefore everyone else is wrong."

2. Do you want to explain that second part? Do you mean he used his mother's death as inspiration to make his album?

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Only of he's on his meds. That guy has not come across as emotionally or psychologically stable in recent years.

KingKunta

Nov 10, 2018
Can we not separate the musical side of Kanye and the idiotic nig who rants bullshittery on twitter or whatever platform? His music is still Crack Music to me, I cannot say I'd ever stop listening to him because he said something I don't agree with. Feels like some of yall trying to make us feel a type of way because we jam to his music and think it would be cool these two peoples met up.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
So Geoff is trash because he invited one guy who plays a lot of Fortnite and got popular for it, and another because he yells a lot in his videos?

...Wait, does the Ninja thing have something to do with him playing with Drake? Is Drake on Era's Hit List too?

It's not that simple. You can google Ninja's misogynistic attitudes and Boogies nazi sympathizing if you are actually curiousto get a better picture about why these two people are shit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we not separate the musical side of Kanye and the idiotic nig who rants bullshittery on twitter or whatever platform? His music is still Crack Music to me, I cannot say I'd ever stop listening to him because he said something I don't agree with. Feels like some of yall trying to make us feel a type of way because we jam to his music and think it would be cool these two peoples met up.
People have differing levels of tolerance for this.

I am/was one of this site's most die-hard Kanye stans, and nowadays, I'm just too tired of his bullshit. I pulled up my last.fm stats and literally after 2016, it just goes down a cliff. 935 scrobbles in 2016 followed by 115 scrobbles in 2017 followed by 95 now (largely due to the new album). I'll forever appreciate his music and the way it informed my taste, but I just can't in good conscience financially support him anymore.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I'm glad we could clear that up
I don't see the issue here I guess because I don't care. It's two creators possibly having small talk and/or lunch. It's not Kojima's fault that every time he takes a picture with a celebrity/dev people lose their shit and think a secret project is in the works and I also don't see them going into a political debate with Kojima ending up with a Maga hat on for the other end of it.

Take a step back and a breather from the forum if this is seriously causing you to be really upset.
I can't speak for others. But for myself, I'm afraid Kanye will have a negitive influence on Kojima in regards to racial issues. And Kojima already has poor track record in that regard. I don't want it getting any worse.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I can't speak for others. But for myself, I'm afraid Kanye will have a negitive influence of Kojima in regards to racial issues. And Kojima already has poor track record in that regard. I don't want it getting any worse.

He just wants to meet the guy as if Kanye West would influence anything about this game at this point in development lol

Some of you need to get a grip

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for others. But for myself, I'm afraid Kanye will have a negitive influence on Kojima in regards to racial issues. And Kojima already has poor track record in that regard. I don't want it getting any worse.
I swear, the way you put it, you worry that Kanye and Kojima's meeting goes so horribly, Kojima deletes all black characters from Death Stranding or something. Or, it goes so horribly that Kojima hires the artist behind Terra Formars to draw all the PoC in the game.

It'll likely be nothing more than a picture, a 15-minute conversation, followed by the two of them going back to their respective disciplines never to interact again.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that same and especially in regards to fashion as its become an important part of my life. That said, I hope every person trying to "right" the ship is atleast black or else I wouldn't give to toots to what you're saying no offense but you dont see a black man thats not a ball player get a shoe. He literally opened the gates for all these other rappers and creatives to get their feet wet in fashion. Now future got a shoe, travis and drake with jordan brand, lets not forget Virgil coming up as creative director for LV and the off white brand. Lorenzo and fear of god, he dropping two pair of nikes tomorrow.

KingKunta

Nov 10, 2018
People have differing levels of tolerance for this.

I am/was one of this site's most die-hard Kanye stans, and nowadays, I'm just too tired of his bullshit. I pulled up my last.fm stats and literally after 2016, it just goes down a cliff. 935 scrobbles in 2016 followed by 115 scrobbles in 2017 followed by 95 now (largely due to the new album). I'll forever appreciate his music and the way it informed my taste, but I just can't in good conscience financially support him anymore.

Gotcha gotcha.

I get all that, I have a few friends that still wonder why I jam to this man even though he can be one of the biggest idiots in entertainment. So I really understand people not supporting and getting tired of his bullshit. However, I don't see the reason to talk shit on the people that like his music or act like he ain't never been great at what he do.

But I get ya bro, I do. At least you were chill about it an all.

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone lie to him, tell him where kojima and him can meet.
Then have it be a doctor instead.

Deleted member 20066

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gotcha gotcha.

I get all that, I have a few friends that still wonder why I jam to this man even though he can be one of the biggest idiots in entertainment. So I really understand people not supporting and getting tired of his bullshit. However, I don't see the reason to talk shit on the people that like his music or act like he ain't never been great at what he do.

But I get ya bro, I do. At least you were chill about it an all.
This

Someone lie to him, tell him where kojima and him can meet.
Then have it be a doctor instead.
haha the perfect plan