• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me wrong -- Kanye is problematic as fuck. As a huge fan, I understand it's hard to defend everything he did involving Trump. It's embarrassing, hurtful, ignorant and irresponsible.

But the Geoff stuff seems to stem specifically from Boogie getting an invite to be in the audience at the Game Awards. Boogie is absolutely trash but Geoff also gave a number of really good people a platform at the Game Awards just this year. I think he actually means well.
I know that, I dont gaf about geoff. I think its hypocripsy to talk about somebody else when plenty people here behave the same way. Talk about finacially support people. Same clown dogged geoff watched the game awards

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
Don't get me wrong -- Kanye is problematic as fuck. As a huge fan, I understand it's hard to defend everything he did involving Trump. It's embarrassing, hurtful, ignorant and irresponsible.

But the Geoff stuff seems to stem specifically from Boogie getting an invite to be in the audience at the Game Awards. Boogie is absolutely trash but Geoff also gave a number of really good people a platform at the Game Awards just this year. I think he actually means well.
Right. Remember when Geoff gave Ninja and Boogie the stage and encouraged them to talk about their opinions on women in gaming and white nationalism? No, you don't, because that never happened. Instead, the stage was given to a bunch of indies and AAA devs spanning all sorts of ethnicities and backgrounds.

Kanye, meanwhile, HAS given platforms to voices that are alt-right, and has parroted alt-right rhetoric in interviews. He has since said he is done with the political talk - but, knowing Kanye, it'll rear it's ugly head soon enough.

ItsTheShoes

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they meet up, two artistic geniuses feeding off each other would be fantastic.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Please god, I don't want Kanye in any Kojima product. But hey, if he wanted Kojima to be part of his stuff, why not. Go nuts.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'm sure he could make it happen. Kojima loves celebrities and seems to have a high tolerance for crazy.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
This is a really horrible ableist insult to throw at someone, no matter who it is. Really offensive and disgraceful slur to people with mental health issues

It's a weird issue we currently have on the left where, if anyone is even a little bit on the right, you'll get a bunch of shit like those insults and other terrible insults that doesn't help anything at all and makes us look just as bad instead of better.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really horrible ableist insult to throw at someone, no matter who it is. Really offensive and disgraceful slur to people with mental health issues

Mental hospitals are a real thing where real people go, when they are in severe and immediate need of help. Ive had my fair share of run ins with mental health both personally and those close to me.

For as much as Kanye claims to have mental health issues, he's seemingly done little to nothing to actually help himself.

Its not an insult or a slur. He should worry about seeking help rather than worrying about meeting celebrities.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Mental hospitals are a real thing where real people go, when they are in severe and immediate need of help. Ive had my fair share of run ins with mental health both personally and those close to me.

For as much as Kanye claims to have mental health issues, he's seemingly done little to nothing to actually help himself.

Its not an insult or a slur. He should worry about seeking help rather than worrying about meeting celebrities.

But...what if he is attempting to do both? Are both possible?

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
"what instruments does he play"

wow

tenor.gif
Right.

Even if you don't like him the Nigga got 20 Grammys so don't act like we talking out our asses calling him talented

Stone Dudeman

Oct 27, 2017
I find it kind of convenient that Kanye is quick to dismiss his mental health issues when he's bragging about not needing to take his medication anymore, but when he starts acting like an ass and people call him out on it then suddenly those same issues mean he can't be criticized for the things he says and does.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It's really baffling seeing people defending Kanye here, but oh well, guess people will like what they like even if the person is shitty as hell.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear, the way you put it, you worry that Kanye and Kojima's meeting goes so horribly, Kojima deletes all black characters from Death Stranding or something. Or, it goes so horribly that Kojima hires the artist behind Terra Formars to draw all the PoC in the game.
LOL. Terra Formars. (though, you'll find a large portion of people on this forum that will say TF isn't racist. But that's an entirely different can of worms)

Not remove, but the representation that's there getting worse in the future.
It'll likely be nothing more than a picture, a 15-minute conversation, followed by the two of them going back to their respective disciplines never to interact again.
Most likely. But you know Kanye is the kind of motherfucker to (unprompted) To just starting ranting at Kojima about his bullshit saying that his being persecuted for his opinions. And that Kojima shouldn't listen to his (Kanye) critics, because he's right and everyone else is wrong.

And Kojima being persuaded by it.
Yes, I think it's irrational.
Please explain.
"Negative influences?" Dude, Kojima is a 55 year old man with political opinions. He's not a child or some innocent flower who has seen nothing in this world but Metal Gear games.
Again. I'm not trying to portray Kojima is an innocent flower. But it's not like adult don't change their views after listening to outside sources.

If it were. Then there'd be no point in political campaigns, because everyone is set in their ideology already.
This is completely about what a bad fucking look it would be for him to meet up with someone like Kanye (and especially for Geoff as he's trying to make this happen for whatever reason). You could argue ignorance on what Kanye has been up to the last few months on Kojima's part(though I would be hard pressed to believe that, seeing how Hollywood- and Celebrity-obsessed the man seems to be) but that doesn't work for Keighley.
Ohh i very much agree this a bad look also.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Yep.
And I wouldn't even be surprised if the loudest people shitting on him as a musician here have never listened to any of his albums properly. And I urge them to listen to MBDTF, though they probably won't
That and late registration are the two high points for me. The man has been part of/ headlined 3 masterpieces and has 6 all time classics under his belt, but you know MAGA nullifies all of that, etc, etc.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mental hospitals are a real thing where real people go, when they are in severe and immediate need of help
Really? I didn't know what they were, thank you for explaining them to me

You mean like when he talks about his meds or the treatment he's had from a mental health professional, not a person on the internet telling him go to a mental hospital? Let's not pretend this is some genuine comment designed to encourage him to seek help. It's just a pithy insult thrown out at him because he's talked about his mental health issues publicly
Its not an insult or a slur
It absolutely is
He should worry about seeking help rather than worrying about meeting celebrities.
You're right, people with mental health issues shouldn't be able to meet or speak with anyone until they've checked into a mental hospital based on your thorough online evaluation of their mental health

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
gross
but you just know Kojima and Geoff are jumping at the chance because they're both obsessed with celebrities

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
You mean like when he talks about his meds or the treatment he's had from a mental health professional, not a person on the internet telling him go to a mental hospital? Let's not pretend this is some genuine comment designed to encourage him to seek help. It's just a pithy insult thrown out at him because he's talked about his mental health issues publicly

Actions speak louder than words. Let's not pretend you actually care about people suffering from mental health issues.
You're here to defend a celebrity from internet comments and criticism because for whatever asinine reason.

Kanye has a consistent habit of using his mental health as an excuse for his behavior, not following through on his treatment and then continuing to exhibit the same behavior.

Exhibit A: https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1073413210173259776?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1073413210173259776&ref_url=https://pitchfork.com/news/kanye-reignites-drake-feud-demands-apology/

Exhibit B: https://www./tvshowbiz/article-6267739/Kanye-West-refusing-medication-unhinged-White-House-rant.html

So either he's not actually getting the help he needs because he refuses to follow through or he's lying and he's a narcissistic asshole. Pick your poison

Unless you yourself are a mental health professional, then you're in the same boat as anyone else here regarding comments on his mental health. You're in no better position to asses Kanye's condition than anyone else so for all the stones you're throwing my way you should probably take a look at the glass house you're standing in.

I can at least attest that issues regarding mental health have negatively affected my life and the life of those closest to me, and to see a high profile individual with a wide reaching level of influence contribute to the stigmatization of mental health by consistently and publicly making an ass of himself and blaming it on mental health and then choosing not to take the help that he claims he's been given does far more damage to individuals that struggle with mental health regularly than me, a random on the internet saying Kanye should be institutionalized.

But you don't actually care about that part, you care about people directing negative comments Kanye's way online.

No part of your argument has anything to do with the treatment of individuals that suffer from or stigmatization of mental health. It's about defending Kanye from online attacks because Kanye said that he has medication for his mental health issues, while also conveniently ignoring the very same statements he's made about not taking them. Funny that you would leave out such an important facet of this situation. Almost like you don't really care about mental health and are more concerned about attacking other users.

https://pitchfork.com/news/kanye-reignites-drake-feud-demands-apology/
I've dealt with people who have gone down this path before, these are not the actions of someone who is all there.
So do yourself a favor and drop the pretense.Kanye's a grown man, he doesn't need you to white knight for him.

Ah yes, the classic "no u" argument. Profound.

You're right, people with mental health issues shouldn't be able to meet or speak with anyone until they've checked into a mental hospital based on your thorough online evaluation of their mental health

Prioritizing dealing with a situation that according him has been plaguing him for a great while and has been causing him a lot of suffering while also continuing to ignore his treatment is more important than dicking around with Kojima. Obviously he can't be trusted to take care of himself, so maybe it's time for someone else to step in and do it for him.

Take your hands off your keyboard, and spend some time thinking about what and why you're actually arguing. Because it sure as hell isn't about the treatment of people suffering from mental health.

Kanye isn't removed from the criticism of his words and actions because he yell's "BUT I'M I'LL" every time he fucks up, especially when makes he little to no effort to better himself. That only works on the fans that will defend him regardless, of which you seem to fall into.

Last edited:

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, don't care much to see Kanye's bitch face with a Trump hat in Death Stranding.