• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Some guy married to some famous woman, to me they are celebrities in the purest sense of the word, because I could not name a single piece of their work, yet I know who they are.

You must live under a rock if you don't know any of Kanye's work. It's about as crazy as saying you don't know who Beyonce other Taylor Swift is. Even if you didn't know it was him 100 percent guaranteed you have heard some music tracks of his own or something he produced for another artist.

Smh y'all love to hate on cats huh?

Bunch of cornballs

Lots of jealous people on here.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two creatives want to meet is the tread...not a bad man wants to meet a "good" man.

And as far as Era is considered both men are trash so what's the argument here again son?

What does that have to do with what i responded too? Stop deflecting just because you are intent on stanning for an idiot who thinks slavery was a choice.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let's not pretend you actually care about people suffering from mental health issues.
nice job telling someone diagnosed with bipolar, an anxiety condition, and with a lifelong history of mental health issues including multiple hospitalizations that they don't care about people suffering from mental health issues. what a truly horrible, disgraceful thing to say.
Unless you yourself are a mental health professional, then you're in the same boat as anyone else here regarding comments on his mental health. You're in no better position to asses Kanye's condition than anyone else so for all the stones you're throwing my way you should probably take a look at the glass house you're standing in.
this would only be a valid comment if i had tried to assess his mental health in any way. good thing that i didn't, and that's actually what you did. i simply said that trying to throw out that someone "should meet a mental hospital for his alleged issues" as a pithy jokey response when someone with mental issues says they want to meet someone else is a really terrible thing to say and it is. don't try and justify this as some PSA on mental health. that's obviously bullshit. when someone says "i want to meet this person" and you say "you should meet a mental hospital" that is not a serious comment on mental health that is an unfunny attempt at a joke that trivializes and stigmatizes people speaking out publicly about their issues.

have you ever been committed to a mental hospital? do you understand the sheer hell that experience is for most people? it is a nightmare and is an absolute last resort and actually for many people exacerbates their issues, not corrects them. it is such a horrible thing to joke about in this way and your post-facto attempt to justify it as some genuine concern is completely transparent
Almost like you don't really care about mental health and are more concerned about attacking other users.
shame on you. don't claim to know me or anything about me or my history because you clearly don't know a single thing about me or what i do care about. i think kanye has been behaving in a completely bizarre and disgraceful manner lately, by the way, so this has nothing to do with defending celebrities. it is simply about the fact that "go meet a mental hospital" is not funny, this is not a joke and that it is a deeply disgraceful remark. if someone said that to me who knew about my mental health issues, i would be incandescent at them and with good reason. it's a terrible thing to say

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Because they're not the same. Kanye endorses white supermacy, and said that slavery was a choice. And as bad as Kojima can be, he's not done anything remotely the same.

That's right. Everyone in here who has a problem with this is jealous.

I didn't say that, but the fact is there are a lot of jealous people on here. Especially concerning people that didn't make their money developing games.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
nice job telling someone diagnosed with bipolar, an anxiety condition, and with a lifelong history of mental health issues including multiple hospitalizations that they don't care about people suffering from mental health issues. what a truly horrible, disgraceful thing to say.

So basically people only care about mental health when you say they do, because your experience is more valid then everyone else's and you and you alone are the judge and jury.

I have my own issues I don't feel like discussing publicly, some of the people closest to me, people I interact with every single day have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, anxiety, deal with clinical and chronic depression, have been hospitalized and have come to me to confide in with their difficulties, for probably the past decade. By your own argument, despite myself dealing with similar issues, I don't actually care because you said so. So why does you having issues mean that you care? Maybe its time for some self reflection.

i simply said that trying to throw out that someone "should meet a mental hospital for his alleged issues" as a pithy jokey response when someone with mental issues says they want to meet someone else is a really terrible thing to say and it is.Don't try and justify this as some PSA on mental health. that's obviously bullshit. when someone says "i want to meet this person" and you say "you should meet a mental hospital" that is not a serious comment on mental health that is an unfunny attempt at a joke that trivializes and stigmatizes people speaking out publicly about their issues.

You know what's a really terrible thing to say? That black people chose to be slaves. You know what's even worse? To then blame those and other equally appalling comments on mental health. Because mental health just makes you say the darndest things, right? It would be really shitty if someone in a position of power and influence did that, it could reach a wide and impressionable audience and create a negative connotation around mental health beyond the one that already exists? I dunno, maybe like some sort of
stigma

But once again, you're only concerned about the stigmatization of mental health when it comes from random people online. Not from people with actual influence and then ignore when you're called out about it. Convenient. Almost like you don't really care about stigmatization, and are only worried about winning arguments.

I have no sympathy for someone that has had not only an opportunity to get help but, but multiple and chooses to refuse it out of hubris while still continuing to use their mental health as a shield for their behavior.

have you ever been committed to a mental hospital? do you understand the sheer hell that experience is for most people? it is a nightmare and is an absolute last resort and actually for many people exacerbates their issues, not corrects them. it is such a horrible thing to joke about in this way and your post-facto attempt to justify it as some genuine concern is completely transparent

I myself have not. But I've been there for people that have been admitted into institutions for their mental health and have been the first and sometimes only person there for them when they've left and I can say that none of them have had the experience that you claim for them to have had and have come out in better shape than when they went in.

I can also say that I'm particularly close to people who work with those suffering from struggles in mental health both in terms of hospitalization and psychiatry.

But of course, my concern and experiences aren't genuine. Only yours are, because apparently this is the oppression olympics and only the person who's been dealt the worst hand is qualified to have an opinion.

shame on you. don't claim to know me or anything about me or my history because you clearly don't know a single thing about me or what i do care about.

Should probably start taking your own advice and cut the holier than thou finger wagging. Your brownie points hold no value here.

if someone said that to me who knew about my mental health issues, i would be incandescent at them and with good reason. it's a terrible thing to say

Good thing no one is saying it to you, though that doesn't seem to have stopped you from getting "incandescent". So you can step out of Kanye's shoes and cut the persecution complex.

You are not the sentinel by which everyone with mental health issues cowers behind and as a result do not represent the whole of people that suffer from mental health. Your feelings are your own and you're free to disagree with the way I choose to handle a situation. But you do not speak for everyone, and I do not need you to defend me from myself and assess that my feelings are not valid because you don't like what I have to say.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Because they're not the same. Kanye endorses white supermacy, and said that slavery was a choice. And as bad as Kojima can be, he's not done anything remotely the same.

That's right. Everyone in here who has a problem with this is jealous.
"Admition is the first step"

BOUND

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, reading Kanye's tweets makes me sad. It's clear he has issues, and I don't think he will ever get help considering the people he surrounds him with.

From 'slavery is a choice', defending Trump and thinking he can be president, to presenting him in public the idea of an iPlane, made by Apple makes me wonder if there's anything anyone outside his clique can do anything to help. He's a genius, no doubt, but being a genius doesn't mean that everything you do is either the right thing or the best.

Oct 27, 2017
Kanye is trash.

The fact we have people staning for this asshole is honestly mind blowing. Especially when that asshole was saying disgusting garbage.

I guess people don't care as long as they get their shitty music.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Admition is the first step"

BOUND
UkFMAou.gif

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
You should be fucking ashamed of this post. Jesus fucking christ...
Why should I be? Kojima has terrible sexist portrayals of women in his games. From Policenauts, to all the shit in MGS4, and Quiet. Then there's Paz, a character presented as being an underage schoolgirl which you can go on a date with as Snake during a special mention, and after certain conditions are met you can even get her in her underwear and grope her and get inside a box with her and fool around. That character, in a plot twist, is later revealed to be much older but that does not change the intent of that shit. Not to mention in the next game that same character is gang-raped, her friend who's a little boy is forced to rape her, and then later when her and the boy are alone she comes on to him and wants to have sex with him willingly. Then finally, she is killed by a bomb forced into her vagina.

Fuck Kojima.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So basically people only care about mental health when you say they do, because your experience is more valid then everyone else's and you and you alone are the judge and jury.
if this is your interpretation of what i said and you're actually reading my posts i'm at loss because it doesn't even come close to what i said and at this point it's hard to imagine how you're arguing this point in good faith
By your own argument, despite myself dealing with similar issues, I don't actually care because you said so
please quote me where i said that. i never accused you of not caring. i said it was a deeply inappropriate and offensive remark and it is. you can't just keep accusing me of all the things you are actually doing and think that will slide

You know what's a really terrible thing to say? That black people chose to be slaves
okay but why bring that up if i've already admitted those comments were despicable and wrong
To then blame those and other equally appalling comments on mental health. Because mental health just makes you say the darndest things, right?
yup good thing i never blamed those things on his mental health and agreed the comments were despicable.
I dunno, maybe like some sort of stigma
But once again, you're only concerned about the stigmatization of mental health when it comes from random people online. Not from people with actual influence and then ignore when you're called out about it. Convenient.
ignore it? you can't just keep making up things and attributing to me. i agreed that kanye's statements were despicable and indefensible. but the point is that the comments you made weren't justifiable in any circumstances, attributed to anyone. your attempt to deflect from that by pretending I'm defending Kanye when i've criticized the comments you're bringing up is just that, deflection.
I have no sympathy for someone that has had not only an opportunity to get help but, but multiple and chooses to refuse it out of hubris while still continuing to use their mental health as a shield for their behavior.
it doesn't matter if you have sympathy for him or not. it matters if you normalize stigmatizing language.

I myself have not. But I've been there for people that have been admitted into institutions for their mental health and have been the first and sometimes only person there for them when they've left and I can say that none of them have had the experience that you claim for them to have had and have come out in better shape than when they went in.
well that's interesting anecdotal evidence from someone that's never been comitted but please don't try to explain an experience you've never had to me like you know better than me, the person that has actually had the first-hand experience. many of my friends have also had that same experience and they've all mentioned it as one of the darkest and most tortuous moments of their lives, almost like being imprisoned and that concurs with my experience. regardless, it's not something to throw pithy insults around about and then justify it by saying it's OK because the person you're attacking isn't worth your sympathy. i don't really care whether he is or not because my point is that saying that is damaging no matter who you're talking about
Should probably start taking your own advice and cut the holier than thou finger wagging. Your brownie points hold no value here.
meaningless words
Good thing no one is saying it to you, though that doesn't seem to have stopped you from getting "incandescent". So you can step out of Kanye's shoes and cut the persecution complex.
you are normalizing it though. that's like saying i shouldn't be upset about homophobia if it's thrown at someone who is despicable. no, actually, feel free to attack them and criticize them but homophobic attacks are always wrong, just like sexist, transphobic, and in this case ableist attacks are always wrong.
You are not the sentinel by which everyone with mental health issues cowers behind and as a result do not represent the whole of people that suffer from mental health
will you ever stop attributing things to me that i've never said? i understand that it's easier to make things up, pretend i've said them and then argue against that than to address my arguments but it's going a bit far to accuse me of saying any of this nonsense (please find a direct quote for where i even remotely said or implied i am the "sentinel by which everyone with mental health issues cowers behind")
But you do not speak for everyone
yawn, never claimed to
and I do not need you to defend me from myself and assess that my feelings are not valid because you don't like what I have to say.
your feelings are valid but the way you chose to express them was through offensive, ableist, stigmatizing language and instead of addressing that point in this post, you just attributed to me a bunch of things I never said and then argued against that instead

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People still stanning Ye after all the shit he's pulled recently is really disturbing.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
lmao i bet you think you're real funny dismissing a woman's concerns over a prominent figure in the industry's blatant and continued misogyny

fuck off bro

Nah, I just have an aversion to hyperbole and ridiculous statements made with zero supporting evidence.

There's a difference between "I think the portryal of some of the female characters in his games have problematic elements and are often objectified" AND "Hideo Kojima hates women."

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I just have an aversion to hyperbole and ridiculous statements made with zero supporting evidence.

There's a difference between "I think the portryal of some of the female characters in his games have problematic elements and are often objectified" AND "Hideo Kojima hates women."
you're a man, what would you know? shut up and listen to women every now and then when we talk about misogyny

also lol "problematic elements uwu" you can literally sexually assault teenage girls without repercussions in several of his games but yeah that's just "problematic"

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god... the gross sexism in Kojima games meeting the white supremacy ass kissery of Kanye, mixed together by both parties' pretentious, self important, pseudo intellectual rambling.

Like 2 problematic black holes merging into a supermassive shit storm, they'll eject a gamma ray burst of crazy awful ideas upon the world. I'd rather this didn't happen.