• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
You're telling me this can come back but Jet Set Radio can't?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Well I can't say I'm particularly interested but you just know there are some dedicated Kao fans out there that have been absolutely dying to see this get a rerelease.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Anthropomorpho the Allilterating Animal is my mascot platformer of choice, but this will do too.

Oct 26, 2017
The voice-acting in this is *chef kiss*, it's definitely something to behold:

I really hope this pops on Switch soon. Always wanted the series to show up on Wii but sadly it never did. The third game was PC-only oddly.

Edit: They liked my tweet asking about a Switch version and said:

It's something I guess?

Last edited:

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
That's why i fucks with Steam. I love buying these old games from the past. I normally don't play em, but i do use my neighbors son to play em. I love hearing him complain about gaming of the past while he plays em with anger.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I had some Kao game on Dreamcast as a kid, probably the original? Considering how much I used to obsess over mascot platformers as a kid I remember finding it pretty boring lol. Happy for the fans though

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I remember thinking "wtf?" when Ty the Tasmanian Tiger came to Steam but that series did inexplicably well there, so I guess there's nothing keeping this game from finding an audience as well.

Of course, I say that having never played it, it may well be total dogshit.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
The voice-acting in this is *chef kiss*, it's definitely something to behold:

I really hope this pops on Switch soon. Always wanted the series to show up on Wii but sadly it never did. The third game was PC-only oddly.

Edit: They liked my tweet asking about a Switch version and said:

It's something I guess?

What else are they going to say?

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I recently played Voodoo Vince for the first time last month, so I've been wanting to play other older 3D platformers I had missed when they originally released.

Anyone know the best way to play the first game?

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I remember this on ps2, I liked it and even double dipped on psp, just like asterix xxl 2. So cool to see that it's being revived, although I hope we get a console release unlike Ty :/

I think the 3rd game never got an english release, I hope that's next

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember this on ps2, I liked it and even double dipped on psp, just like asterix xxl 2. So cool to see that it's being revived, although I hope we get a console release unlike Ty :/

I think the 3rd game never got an english release, I hope that's next
now that the third game is out of early access, there's always a chance for a Ty Trilogy on consoles

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
I recently played Voodoo Vince for the first time last month, so I've been wanting to play other older 3D platformers I had missed when they originally released.

Anyone know the best way to play the first game?

No idea but the first game...aged poorly. It's very similar to Croc and IIRC it also has tank controls, so you're not missing much if you do not manage to find it.

Kao 2 on the other hand is awesome, aside from that racing level

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I always wanted to play that game. Would definitely get it for Steam.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The original was terrible in retrospect but I have a nostalgic attachment to it - couldn't escape it in Poland where it was basically being given away for free in game magazines.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey its that game that lifted a ton from Rayman 2.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Never heard of Kao before, but this progression made me lol:

51H1ZX6E6VL.jpg

-5 months pass, during which time Conker: Live and Reloaded releases-

830456-kao_challengers_cover.jpg

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
now that the third game is out of early access, there's always a chance for a Ty Trilogy on consoles
I didn't know it was in eaely access, I thought it was announced a looong time ago, 2016 or even 2015 maybe? Cool to see there's still a little chance

It did, but it only came out in Australia and is very hard to find. Unfortunately there's no voice acting and the translation is... not great to say the least.
Well that's something. I don't think anyone would go througj the hassle of making a traslation for such a game in 2019, but if there's one available already they could use that one, even if it's not that good

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I remember playing this back when it came out. I remember absolutely nothing of the game, but I don't remember it being bad at all- it was just another 3D mascot platformer.

I'd probably pick it up if it came to consoles at least.

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I'd see a PS2-era platformer more obscure than Ty the Tasmanian Tyger, but here we are.

Looks like it plays smoothly tbh. Big Banjo/SM64 vibes.

Edit: wow watching footage of the first game makes this feel like the spiritual successor to Croc.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I remember being hyped for the Dreamcast original back in the day but it was pretty trashy. The sequel looks to be a low tier Rayman 2 though, so I have my eye on it!

Any expectations for the pricing?

I never thought I'd see a PS2-era platformer more obscure than Ty the Tasmanian Tyger, but here we are.
There are honestly quite a few far more obscure. Ty was relatively successful, which is why it got so many sequels.

The oddest one to get a remaster is probably Legend of Kay.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Polish website PPE.pl said it will be free on Children's Day.

The news article has been removed, tho, so I don't know if it went up too early or if they had wrong info.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Game is priced at $2 unless the dev is making giveaways of x number of copies.
It would be tomorrow, since the devs are Polish. Haven't seen the article myself, but a friend claims it said it will be free for a day - normally via Steam.

But yes, it's only $2 outside any promotions.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is with those random ass PC games I played as kid getting sequels out of nowhere?

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Game features
Experience the digital version of a classic 3D arcade platformer with online features like:
* Steam achievements
* Steam cloud saving
* High resolution support
* Controller support (Xbox 360/ One and PS4)

* Bounce through 25 levels set in 5 unique, colorful worlds
* Punch the baddies! Use a variety of different fighting techniques to rescue your friends
* Approximately 30 challenging enemies to defeat
* Boss encounters

I love that they added Steam achievements