• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Screen_Shot_2020-09-26_at_6.44.56_AM.png

Goddammit, this shit stings. In case you're curious where I got this, just pull up her Twitter & checked her list of Liked tweets. This shouldn't be that far down the list.

Source: Karen Strassman (Twitter)

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
Well I mean, her name is literally Karen so...

Still, a bit of a shame considering I really liked Anna from FE, so yeah, wouldn't mind if Nintendo recast pronto. I don't expect much action on this though but it's still a shame.

(Also, looking at the account of the liked tweet that OP posted, apparently the official Ben and Jerry's twitter account follows that account? That seems kinda odd considering the views this Kristie Alley has. But eh, who knows at this point)

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
The two best characters from Persona 3 and 4... Fuck
Also fuck her

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
What a time to be showing ignorance, fuck her. Guess I'll have to switch to subs when replaying P3 and P4.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's always something when you watch right wing fuckheads pretend to care about LGBT people.

Fuck her.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, not Anna!

Edit: Wait, hold on -- what's that quoted tweet even referring to? This? Are they seriously inferring the suspects were "BLM" just because they're black?

I thought that's what they were playing at too. I had to google why there was even any connection there, but apparently this is why:

The mob, made up mostly of Black men at this point, Jaslene clarified, began chanting "BLM" and "Black Lives Matter." And "I was just so confused, like why I wasn't treated like a Black person that they wanted to save or they wanted to help," she said.

The problem isn't just with the police, however. Jaslene stressed how "mind-boggling" it was to be surrounded by a crowd of Black people chanting "Black Lives Matter" while dehumanizing her as a transgender woman. "People need to see everyone as equal. So that whoever is on that ground gets the help that they need and when they need it," she said.

Source: Advocate.com

I don't think chanting something makes you part of the movement, but it's not like being a part of BLM would erase your other prejudices anyway.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's not just Capcom, but Capcom in particular needs to drop some of their grossest voice actors.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I liked her work too, good to know. Fuck her and I hope she doesn't return as Mileena.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I really liked her voice for Olivia, Hana, and Anna from FE but ever since she blamed the fires on the west coast on Antifa I've just been unable to enjoy those characters at all

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know it's not just Capcom, but Capcom in particular needs to drop some of their grossest voice actors.
Unless I'm forgetting someone, I think it's mainly her & Reuben for Capcom. But unlike Reuben, Karen doesn't co-own a major mo-cap studio that most of the industry uses regularly, so she should be easy to ditch going forward.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
People should know better than to trust that channel for anything valuable.

Sources like that love to turn their opposition into straw. "Member of X did something bad, so X is bad". It's such an obvious nonsense argument yet peeps still fall for it.

To her: please do your research before endorsing anything that was hosted by that dude.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Annnnnd just encountered a massive Persona 4 spoiler looking this up -- fuck this. (If you're planning to play it like me, don't look her name up on Twitter.)

I thought that's what they were playing at too. I had to google why there was even any connection there, but apparently this is why:

Source: Advocate.com

I don't think chanting something makes you part of the movement, but it's not like being a part of BLM would erase your other prejudices anyway.

Come to think of it, those quotes do sound familiar, but yeah: that's obviously not representative of BLM as a whole.

Jul 16, 2020
It's like saying every dumbfuck chanting "USA" while doing deplorable shit makes me bad because I'm also an American. Garbage logic from Tucker as usual.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Can't think of a single role I've ever liked her in (maybe Sialeeds), so feel free to jettison her from whatever recurring characters she voices. It's a win-win based on her apparent beliefs and the quality of her work, as far as I'm concerned.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Ugh not like this! I absolutely enjoyed some of her voice work, but to think she being a right wing shithead is absolutely appalling! Gonna have to switch Poison's voice to Japanese. And if she's indeed a TERF, that would be full blow irony!

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ugh not like this! I absolutely enjoyed some of her voice work, but to think she being a right wing shithead is absolutely appalling! Gonna have to switch Poison's voice to Japanese. And if she's indeed a TERF, that would be full blow irony!
I already have Ken switched to Japanese, so I'll definitely do the same for Poison. I'm glad that Capcom lets us change the voice language on a per-character basis (take notes, Smash, let me change Ken to Japanese without changing everyone else).

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like her VA work honestly so it's easy to switch to Japanese in SFV and other games where I can.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She was also Annette Birkin in RE2 remake and Resistance. Not that important but just so people know some of the wider roles she's had lately. Really disappointed in another VA outing themselves as a huge piece of shit though, gonna make some roles like Nanako hard to go back and listen to.