• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Nothing good has come from the politics of that region and those countries. Utter disgraces to so many people.

Reading comments from Indians (in India) on Facebook and Twitter are horrific. For every reasonable person, there's dozens who comment about beating female politicians to death, followed by a score of likes and supporting comments. It's horrible. A large Pakistani response was comparing the airstrikes, joking about the contrast between dead bodies and trees following airstrikes.

I'm horrified at the culture these countries promote, mostly with their young adult men, and how social media has emblazoned so many of them. We're not focusing enough on nationalism affecting India and Pakistan, especially with the shitbag that Modi is.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, just read up on the recent issues - not surprised that Pakistan is harboring terrorists (think everyone at this point knows the Pakistan Army gives patronage to a wide variety of terrorist organisations). Unfortunately no one does anything about it because they are an important 'ally' in the fight against Taliban, and have the backing of China (surprise surprise).

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't rely on Pak twitter tbh, unless they post evidence. They have been known to bs. Just read through news over the last day and you will see them first deny anything happened, then accept something happened somewhere else, then accept something happened where India says the terrorist training camp is. And they still deny it was a terrorist training camp - even though a quick google search brings up multiple reports over the years of a known terrorist training complex being there.

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017
Eagerly looking forward to tonight's news roundtables

Especially whether the Indian public buys tbe official Indian excuse for technical glitch being the cause of the crash

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Eagerly looking forward to tonight's news roundtables

Especially whether the Indian public buys tbe official Indian excuse for technical glitch being the cause of the crash

Has any officials actually called it a technical glitch? Or is that just the media? I feel things have gone too far them to use that cover. Especially with a captured pilot.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Okay, so just to collate what I know so far from official sources:

- Confirmed by both: Pakistani jets entered Indian airspace
- India: An Indian Mi-17 chopper crashed at Budgam
- Pakistan: Two IAF aircraft taken down by Pakistan, one in Indian Kashmir and the other in Pakistani Kashmir, with the pilot of the latter being arrested

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
People are too early to jump to nuclear war. This happened when trump was elected too. Lol

I am a Pakistani. I live in a district on the south side in Sindh near Indian border. I can assure you that nuclear war won't happen unless shit esclates to uncontrollable level. Before that happens, the world will intervene. No one is going to sit on their ass and let two country nuke each other.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Deeply concerning this also given the ongoing hawkish rhetoric from both sides. Regardless of what is true or not.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are too early to jump to nuclear war. This happened when trump was elected too. Lol

I am a Pakistani. I live in a district on the south side in Sindh near Indian border. I can assure you that nuclear war won't happen unless shit esclates to uncontrollable level. Before that happens, the world will intervene. No one is going to sit on their ass and let two country nuke each other.
I don't actually think this. Both government seem to want off ramps. But hawks keep amping things up

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Just because a plane crashes doesn't prove anything even if it was involved over a zone of conflict.

Neurom

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is a video of a plane burning? NSFW video of a body burnt as well.

Unlike the 'surgical strike' of India, there is evidence immediately available on social media.

Putting things in quotes doesnt really make the impact that you are trying to make... I am looking at official news channels, not some 'random news trolls' on twitter who are working up their way for nothing

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Media on both sides is hyping it up. But nuclear attacks will only happen if there is massive ground incursion in Pakistan I feel which won't be likely but seems India didn't have a clear goal or understanding what will happen next. Both sides are now trying to come up with a strategy and not even thinking when to stop this.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
The India Vs Pakistan thing seemed like a joke 20 years ago to me now it's finally happening.

kittoo

Banned
Apr 20, 2018
So a Pakistani F-16 was also shot down? Things are very fluid right now and i am not sure whats happening.
This will take a few hours to get clear.
Meanwhile, Indian Air Force has asked most of the airspace near Pakistani border to be locked off. No commercial flights.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
nuclear war? nah, both sides are not stupid.

That would be the case if we were dealing with two reasonable actors but this is india and pakistan we are talking about two nations who have been at each others throat since their independence from britian and both currently have warhawks in high positions.

Last edited:

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I never was much of a history scholar but why are India and Pakistan basically the same as rival gangs?

Neurom

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So a Pakistani F-16 was also shot down? Things are very fluid right now and i am not sure whats happening.
This will take a few hours to get clear.
Meanwhile, Indian Air Force has asked most of the airspace near Pakistani border to be locked off. No commercial flights.

Yeah with a pilot jettisoning off at the last moment...and a nuclear war is never going to happen, its too dystopian for humans to actually execute and live through with the consequences...

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017
Has any officials actually called it a technical glitch? Or is that just the media? I feel things have gone too far them to use that cover. Especially with a captured pilot.
Country's main news Network reporting it to be so afaik.

This is Indian Media

Hawks on both sides are not going to let things cool down quickly..

Like I said, that's just one part of the media.

Am not at home so can't see what others are saying about it.

Nor do I.
It's more likely we have a Kargill 2.0 on our hands, if things do escalate.

Media on both sides is hyping it up. But nuclear attacks will only happen if there is massive ground incursion in Pakistan I feel which won't be likely but seems India didn't have a clear goal or understanding what will happen next. Both sides are now trying to come up with a strategy and not even thinking when to stop this.
No.

India moved around 10000 additional troops to the Kashmir border last week.

They were probably preparing for something like this.