• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I don't sympathize with what the Indian army is doing in Kashmir. for decades You reap what you sow. Its a daily fight for freedom for Kashmiri people. You can't just lump them with other terrorists. so casually. The real terrorist in Kashmir has been the Indian army and still is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding

Yeah you know the first thing extremists recruiters like the ones in Pakistan and Afghanistan tell to the brainwashed people? That they're "freedom fighters" fighting for a cause, and that murdering innocent people including women and children will send them to heaven. JeM is a known terrorist organisation, not fucking freedom fighters.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
JeM is not a freedom fighting organisation, it's a terrorist organisation.
This particular problem is caused by JeM so you're going on a tangent by talking about freedom fighting and the rest, as for atrocities by Indian Army yes indeed they do it but those issues have existed on both sides and both sides need to fix that shit on their own.
Show me articles of Pakistan army blinding children just based on religion? A local person who was shot previously by Indian army detonates explosives acquired locally and yet Pakistan is to be blamed.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah you know the first thing extremists recruiters like the ones in Pakistan and Afghanistan tell to the brainwashed people? That they're "freedom fighters" fighting for a cause, and that murdering innocent people including women and children will send them to heaven. JeM is a known terrorist organisation, not fucking freedom fighters.
The explosion was caused by a local person who previously was shot by Indian army. So how does Pakistan come into play into all this? Indian army general admits its impossible for such quantity of explosives to come from anywhere else other than locally.

This attack was not on civilians but military personnel so your statement is false

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
The explosion was caused by a local person who previously was shot by Indian army. So how does Pakistan come into play into all this? Indian army general admits its impossible for such quantity of explosives to come from anywhere else other than locally.

This attack was not on civilians but military personnel so your statement is false

JeM chief took responsibility for the attack, do you really want to die on this hill batting for someone like Masood Azhar?

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
I don't sympathize with what the Indian army is doing in Kashmir. for decades You reap what you sow. Its a daily fight for freedom for Kashmiri people. You can't just lump them with other terrorists. so casually. The real terrorist in Kashmir has been the Indian army and still is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding

Blame Pakistan for this too I suppose?

None of the posters in the quoted chain of postings lumped Kashmiris with terrorists. It was merely stated that Pakistan harbors and supports terrorist groups. This is objectively true.
Al-Qaeda, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed are all widely recognized as terrorist groups.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Imran Khan is probably the best thing that has happened to Pakistan in a long time and I really hope it de-escalates. Both countries going to war and blowing each other up is exactly what these terrorists want, and they're playing right into their hands.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
So effing disgusted at my indian relatives FB posts and general reaction

A quote 'following gandhi's 'peace' path has gotten us nowhere, modi is finally being the aggressor and showing might. He should be PM forever'

CAn i disown this relative? Makes my blood boil that people overlook peace and international law/compromise as weakness and just want to watch the world burn

A lot of people have a chip on their shoulder and of course years of history and colonial rule are the reason but nonetheless I find the way people are hungry for conflict inexcusable.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Imran Khan is probably the best thing that has happened to Pakistan in a long time and I really hope it de-escalates. Both countries going to war and blowing each other up is exactly what these terrorists want, and they're playing right into their hands.

haha we hear about this lets talk after every attack happens on Indian soil.

after 26/11

India: So here are the fact, they came from karachi, using this route...trained at X location. Can you help us find the rest of them?

Pakistan: But but wait...you can prove any of that

India: shows collaborative evidence, detailed testimony from captured terrorist

Pakistan: But lets talk please

and this parade has been happening after every terrorist attack. Until Pakistan acknowledges that these training camps exist on their soil, there is no solution.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Modi should address the nation and help de-escalate the situation just like Imran Khan did. His government also needs to answer a lot of questions.

ebs

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was a different government back then.

Do we have evidence that the new government is proactively attempting to eliminate the known terrorist forces in Pakistan? AFAIK the issue was basically out of the prime ministers/congress hands as the military acts independently with impunity.

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017
Modi should address the nation and help de-escalate the situation just like Imran Khan did. His government also needs to answer a lot of questions.
Unlikely.

For a while and especially since the 2016 counter attacks, he has projected himself as a decisive strongman.

Backing down now would deal a pretty huge blow to his image, and that too just before the general elections.

All depends on whether the Indian public buys the press conference held earlier or not.

If he feels they won't, which I feel is the case, then, yeah..

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
IMO because of the peeps who keep going offtopic and trying to derail the thread like the above posters..they should be atleast warned.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
https://www.dawn.com/news/1466364/p...han-addresses-nation-after-paf-strikes-on-loc

Imran Khan's address to India and pak nation
"I wanted to take the nation into confidence over the developments since yesterday morning," the premier began.

"We offered peace to India after what happened in Pulwama. I understand the pain of the families [who lost family members in Pulwama]. I have visited hospitals and seen the pain of people affected by violence.

"We offered India that we would investigate. We wanted to cooperate and were ready to do so. I feared that India would still take action, and I had therefore warned India against aggression."

"When India stuck yesterday morning, we spoke to our army command and waited to take action till we assessed the damage caused.

"Our action was only intended to convey that if you can come into our country, we can do the same. Two of their MiGs were shot down (in the ensuing action). From here, it is imperative that we use our heads and act with wisdom," he said.

"All wars are miscalculated, and no one knows where they lead to. World War I was supposed to end in weeks, it took six years. Similarly, the war on terrorism was not supposed to last 17 years.

"I ask India: with the weapons you have and the weapons we have, can we really afford a miscalculation? If this escalates, it will no longer be in my control or in Modi's.

"We understand the grief that you have suffered in Pulwama and are ready for a probe and dialogue.

"Let's settle this with talks,"

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
India summoned and talked to the Deputy High Commissioner of Pakistan.

If the MEA does another statement, let's hope it's actually more detailed and allows questions. Note that Modi hasn't spoken on the situation all day long.

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017

If the MEA does another statement, let's hope it's actually more detailed and allows questions. Note that Modi hasn't spoken on the situation all day long.

Probably figuring out his new election plank, now that any plans to politicise Pulwama have failed, if he decides not to escalate.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Probably figuring out his new election plank, now that any plans to politicise Pulwama have failed, if he decides not to escalate.
This is what concerns me. The timing of these incidents isn't great. Modi will need to show some sort of 'win' to the Indian public to back down now. Promises to carry out joint investigations won't be enough. They'll probably need something more concrete, like apprehended suspects which I can't imagine will be easy to produce. Hopefully the Indian media turns it down as well since they're really not helping.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is what concerns me. The timing of these incidents isn't great. Modi will need to show some sort of 'win' to the Indian public to back down now. Promises to carry out joint investigations won't be enough. They'll probably need something more concrete, like apprehended suspects which I can't imagine will be easy to produce. Hopefully the Indian media turns it down as well since they're really not helping.

media can claim Brave Indian fighters scrared Pakistani Jets back into their air space. hoorah. now we wilk make them apologize etc etc

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
media can claim Brave Indian fighters scrared Pakistani Jets back into their air space. hoorah. now we wilk make them apologize etc etc

They have a pilot in custody, which I don't imagine a lot of people are going to take very well. Indian Twitter is lit up with demands to bring back the pilot with or without war. I hope a diplomatic resolution brings him back, but even then, I doubt that would satisfy those baying for blood.

Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Posting a racist comic
Mod Edit: Inappropriate content removed

From r/polandball

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 27, 2017
The World

I think the issue is there has been no official communication from Pakistan on the pilot capture through diplomatic or other channels.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
haha we hear about this lets talk after every attack happens on Indian soil.

after 26/11

India: So here are the fact, they came from karachi, using this route...trained at X location. Can you help us find the rest of them?

Pakistan: But but wait...you can prove any of that

India: shows collaborative evidence, detailed testimony from captured terrorist

Pakistan: But lets talk please

and this parade has been happening after every terrorist attack. Until Pakistan acknowledges that these training camps exist on their soil, there is no solution.

I find it hilarious that someone asks for proof after the terrorist organization who committed the attack takes responsibility for it. Imagine being a in a courthouse where the murderer confesses for the murder, and then his lawyer shouts "but they have no proof he did it".

Also props to whoever is updating the thread title since OP got banned.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
This twitter thread is amazing. Showcases 4 examples of high profile journalists and celebrities who were celebrating for war and Indian action and after pakistan responds suddenly saying war is never a solution

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This twitter thread is amazing. Showcases 4 examples of high profile journalists and celebrities who were celebrating for war and Indian action and after pakistan responds suddenly saying war is never a solution

i am genuinely confused by some of you. India carried out a strike based on intelligent to destroy training camps. It wasn't on Pak army, or civilians, it was on terrorist. And india media and indians are celebrating. So what exactly is wrong with that again? and how is that promoting war? why are people so butthurt that IAF killed some terrorists?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I find it hilarious that someone asks for proof after the terrorist organization who committed the attack takes responsibility for it. Imagine being a in a courthouse where the murderer confesses for the murder, and then his lawyer shouts "but they have no proof he did it".

Also props to whoever is updating the thread title since OP got banned.
Huh - just realised this. Wonder what they got banned for.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
i am genuinely confused by some of you. India carried out a strike based on intelligent to destroy training camps. It wasn't on Pak army, or civilians, it was on terrorist. And india media and indians are celebrating. So what exactly is wrong with that again? and how is that promoting war? why are people so butthurt that IAF killed some terrorists?

Indians crossed the Pakistani border, not just the disputed Kashmir territory for the first time since 1971 war, no proof it even succeeded but it shedding some trees, pakistan had to respond because it's sovereign line was threatened and when it did suddenly #peacenotwar started trending in india