Katamari Damacy REROLL |OT| They See Me Rollin', They Smashin'

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope We Love Katamari eventually gets the same treatment as this game did. There's a lot more there that I kept pining for while playing the original game.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Beautiful Katamari get a modern port either. I could be wrong but isn't it the only Katamari game that can actually achieve 60 FPS during gameplay? Here's some footage that seems to affirm that. I think Katamari Forever was 30 FPS by contrast but it's been years since I last played it (and I'd be remiss if i didn't mention the vast majority of Forever's levels are recycled anyway; Beautiful was 'original' content in both levels and music for what it's worth). Forever was the first time Bandai Namco outsourced a core Katamari game to a different company than Now Production for better or worse—development was handled by Genki, of all people.
Beautiful Katamari is underrated imo. Obviously it's lacking compared to We Love Katamari, but it's at least a good as the original.

I want them both ported.

Nov 18, 2017
Beautiful Katamari is underrated imo. Obviously it's lacking compared to We Love Katamari, but it's at least a good as the original.

I want them both ported.
I agree. BK is not as bad as everyone says. It does have some clever levels and design. Sure it might be missing some flair and charm but it was still katamari at it's core and it was fun.

Oct 28, 2017
Just woke up. The first thing in my head was sing: NA NA NA NA NAAAA KATAMARI DAMACYYYYY.

2 min later and I bought the game on Switch. Waiting for the download right now :o

Last edited:
OP
OP
mazi
Oct 27, 2017
The Games Machine (8.4/10), google translation
Katamari Damacy Reroll brings on the Nintendo Switch (and PC) the madness of a title remained virtually unique. A similar concept was recently introduced in another puzzle game, Donut County, unfortunately not with the same results in terms of quality. At a distance of almost fifteen years the gameplay of the game of Takahashi is still fresh, as just came out from the headquarters Namco. The plus of portability makes it a perfect travel companion for "hit and run" games, but a few extra extra would not have displeased us.

BaziCenter (8/10), translated from farsi by me
Overall, Katamari Damacy Reroll is still a very entertaining title (after close to 15 years) that's going to be very enjoyable not only for old fans of the series, but for newcomers as well. The game can be enjoyed for a long time thanks to its repetition-based gameplay. Just make sure you plug in a controller before you start the game.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
This is my first time playing Katamari. I remember the original game coming out in Europe but I was a kid with no money at the time so I never got around to it.
So far I'm loving it, on the fourth "make a star" level so still very early but I do have one problem. Which is the lack of a "restart stage" option in the pause menu. Already I've realised I'm not going to finish stage and had to quit out of it.
This is such a bizarre omission in a lot of games actually. Did nobody while playtesting this mess up and want to start the stage again?

OP
OP
mazi
Oct 27, 2017
As a first-time player, the controls are a real struggle for me. I'll put in some more time but it's taking away from my enjoyment of the game.
someone said it very well itt, think of the two sticks as two wheels. if you want to move left, they both have to move left. if you want to go backwards, they both have to go backwards, if you want to turn, one has to go forward and one has to go backwards, once you figure it out it feels very natural.

This is my first time playing Katamari. I remember the original game coming out in Europe but I was a kid with no money at the time so I never got around to it.
So far I'm loving it, on the fourth "make a star" level so still very early but I do have one problem. Which is the lack of a "restart stage" option in the pause menu. Already I've realised I'm not going to finish stage and had to quit out of it.
This is such a bizarre omission in a lot of games actually. Did nobody while playtesting this mess up and want to start the stage again?
yeah it sucks, but one thing you have to consider is that the time limits are pretty generous. unless you're really fucking up, chances are you'll make it in time. your katamari is going to start growing exponentially once you hit a certain point and can pick up certain items, so even when you think you have to restart, you still may reach the goal in time.

Last edited: