• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome. Will probably wait till the sales when I do my spending binge, but will get it regardless of price

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
One of the great classics from the PS2 era now preserved forever. Hopefully the port is good.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
It doesn't appear so unfortunately. In fact, it ran in windowed mode for me until I got through the tutorial stage. Then I could adjust video options. Even so, playing this game again is such a great joy!

Ah man, as cool as an immediate start is in a game it's a bugger on PC if the initial settings aren't to your liking D:

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
display options
dVBYj1p.jpg

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: If your image quality looks off after changing resolutions, restart the game.

Almost everything looked like a pixelated mess here after I switched from 720p to 1080p in-game. (Make sure to enlarge, etc.)

BtmxcT6.png

By restarting the game, it seems to render fully at the native resolution instead.
I'm still trying to figure everything out myself. If you have the same issue, try that I guess.

R1wYMmh.png

Last edited:

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cool, i have a reason to put down Hitman 2 now

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Oct 29, 2017
Activates fine the in U.S., if anyone was wondering. Comes out to $19 USD exact.

I thought this was a price error, but I checked SteamDB and there's just a massive price difference between the USD and European currencies (16 pounds = ~$20.43, 20 euros = ~$22.74). Thanks, Bamco.
eyyyy. Thanks. Nabbed. Now to debate on double dipping for the Switch version...

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to hearing how this is on switch. my son is definitely getting this for christmas as long as it's halfway competent.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
The menuing is a pain, they stuck with the ps2 way of 'roll around on a 3d planet' to access things like sound/display options or to save/quit, plus it takes ~5 seconds to actually quit out of the game as they play a small animation when you pick it.

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone comment on the framerate?
Core gameplay during levels is evidently 30 FPS, certain things are independent and play out at 60, like walking around the Home Planet, the HUD, King interactions, just 2D stuff in general as far as I can tell, and the Prince's animations in general maybe, not counting the katamari (even when inside a level, which makes a bit of an odd 30/60 mismatch) and maybe more. That was my takeaway from an hour of playing.

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
Activates fine the in U.S., if anyone was wondering. Comes out to $19 USD exact.

I thought this was a price error, but I checked SteamDB and there's just a massive price difference between the USD and European currencies (16 pounds = ~$20.43, 20 euros = ~$22.74). Thanks, Bamco.
Bamcos been pretty good with regional pricing. Tales of Vesperia on Steam is cheaper in AUD than it would've been in USD, thankgod. Would've bought it day 1 either way but that's a nice surprised.. K.T however....

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Core gameplay during levels is evidently 30 FPS, certain things are independent and play out at 60, like walking around the Home Planet, the HUD, King interactions, just 2D stuff in general as far as I can tell, and the Prince's animations in general maybe, not counting the katamari (even when inside a level, which makes a bit of an odd 30/60 mismatch) and maybe more. That was my takeaway from an hour of playing.
Same impressions here. The actual game runs at thirty while anything that's animated (Like the prince and some objects) can run at any framerate.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Bamcos been pretty good with regional pricing. Tales of Vesperia on Steam is cheaper in AUD than it would've been in USD, thankgod. Would've bought it day 1 either way but that's a nice surprised.. K.T however....
The "thanks, Bamco" comment was half sarcastic. Good regional pricing is important, but there's no reason you should pay 30% less than me for the same game when you don't live a developing nation, much like there's no reason you should pay significantly more than me for K.T. games. ($28.95 AUD = ~ $20.94 USD for Katamari, compared to the $29.99 USD price point in America) The unsarcastic half is that I'm able to take advantage of Bamco's random 20-30% random discount in UK/EU/AUS due to sites like Gamesplanet.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
The "thanks, Bamco" comment was half sarcastic. Good regional pricing is important, but there's no reason you should pay 30% less than me for the same game when you don't live a developing nation, much like there's no reason you should pay significantly more than me for K.T. games. ($28.95 AUD = ~ $20.94 USD for Katamari, compared to the $29.99 USD price point in America) The unsarcastic half is that I'm able to take advantage of Bamco's random 20-30% random discount in UK/EU/AUS due to sites like Gamesplanet.
Kind of weird really since Bamco screw Europe over when it comes to other platforms.

Like they were charging £55 for one of the One Piece games on Switch when it was $40 on the US eshop.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Kind of weird really since Bamco screw Europe over when it comes to other platforms.

Like they were charging £55 for one of the One Piece games on Switch when it was $40 on the US eshop.
Yeah, that's why I was so shocked by finding out that it wasn't I price error. I think this is the first time that I, as an American, that I've been on the wrong/bad end of regional pricing when compared to UK/EU/AUS. Thankfully I had the option of picking up a UK key from Gamesplanet.