• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
Story
In her book, Couric says she held the comments back at the time because she "wanted to protect" Ginsburg, then 83, because she was "elderly and probably didn't fully understand the question."

So an active Supreme Court Justice doesn't understand the racist words coming out of her mouth. If Couric really believed she didn't understand such a simple thing why didn't she sound alarms about a what would have been a justice who would have clearly been unfit to remain on the bench. Also how many generations do we need to be in America before people stop talking about where we come from?

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
indefensible. and those words aren't simply "controversial" they're racist

these are the words

• Ginsburg had also said that such protests showed 'contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life'
  • '...which they probably could not have lived in the places they came from...as they became older they realize that this was youthful folly,' she added

their parents and grandparents lived under jim crow. fuck RGB the the libs who stan her (we don't need to make everybody a saint. and some of her opinions were also racist, classist and pro-police muder)

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Right in the article:

Days after the 2016 interview came out, Ginsburg walked back her comments, saying in a statement that she had been "barely aware" of the protests or their "purpose," and that her comments were "inappropriately dismissive and harsh" and she "should have declined to respond."

So I dunno. Seems like she got ahead of it years ago?
🤷🏽‍♂️

Edit: to be clear, I agree that that is a crazy statement coming out of her

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was a shit comment but we literally couldn't replace her at that point so I don't know what you mean by it would have been good to know she was "not fit to serve".

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also right in the article
we never knew she said the latter portion about this country
  • d'contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life'
  • '...which they probably could not have lived in the places they came from...as they became older they realize that this was youthful folly,' she added

is not "inappropriately dismissive and harsh" its racist to its core. its not dismissive.
her walk back was to the "dumb and disrespectful." not to the "white america made it possible for you to life a decent life which you couldn't have done with out us"

loco

Jan 6, 2021
She's also never been a friend to the indigenous people of the United States. Anyways, so many people here stan her so brace yourself for some serious gas lighting.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
we never knew she said the latter portion about this country

is not "inappropriately dismissive and harsh" its racist to its core. its not dismissive.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I was directing that to the other poster who said it was 'right in the article' that she had walked back those comments. I was saying those statements you highlighted was also right in the article

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
But she seemed so cool during that month we all shared pictures/posters of her for progress...or something.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
SyEEHDR.jpg

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Reminds me of when Bernie said "all lives matter" just as BLM was starting. Not equating the severity of the two, but it's possible for progressive darlings to be behind or just flat out wrong on some issues. That's why blind idolization is dangerous.

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of when Bernie said "all lives matter" just as BLM was starting. Not equating the severity of the two, but it's possible for progressive darlings to be behind or just flat out wrong on some issues. That's why blind idolization is dangerous.
Nah, bernie chose the wrong words because he doesn't spend all day watching fox news. it goes against his philosphy and actions. this is in line with some of her off-handed comments in opinions like affirmative action, "slum redevelopment", etc

OP
OP

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
It was a shit comment but we literally couldn't replace her at that point so I don't know what you mean by it would have been good to know she was "not fit to serve".

Couric claims to have left out the worst parts of her comments because RBG was old and didn't understand which is utter nonsense given she was an active member of the court. If Katie truly believed that she should have let the country know the RGB was no longer competent to be on the court. I suspect the truth is she just wanted to protect the image of this white woman while she was still alive.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
What is this trend of using hip-hop/black imagery and associating it with RBG. Did I miss something or is this some appropriation type shit

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
RBG sucks. Do liberals even like her? Her massive ego is part of why the court's make up is what it is. Her legacy is trash, and this just adds to the garbage heap.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
After RBG's death, I remember some users here really tried to shame other users expressing their distress and disdain that RGB didn't retire when Obama could have safely replaced her. Like her actions which helped led to ACB taking her seat were beyond criticism. Her enjoyment having her job as a SC justice was more important that making sure no right-wing hack will take her place, which puts all the groups she helped in her career in danger again.

Breyer is doing the exact same thing even though he saw firsthand how that ended.

Last edited:

Serenity

Mar 3, 2018
She's always been a racist. I don't have the cites on hand but she had some awful decisions on Affirmative Action, Death Penalty, etc.

Her death was still bad for those on the left in this country, for obvious reasons, but when I saw the hero worship I kind of just kept my head down and let libs go on ahead.

I wonder if she would have retired under Obama if he were white? The official story is that she was waiting for a woman but I dunno. She may have just been another white that didn't want a black man to get "yet another" Supreme Court pick.

Edit: Katie Couric is looking suspect as well. Why the fuck would she hide this? And then her random shots at Denzel...

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where there's smoke, there's fire. For a liberal Supreme Court justice who sat on the bench 27 years to have all of fucking ONE black law clerk speaks volumes about her... but of course liberals have deified her and will whitewash these latest comments too... all I can say is "bye Felicia", and let's talk about what her true motives might have been for not stepping down and letting Obama appoint her replacement...

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After RBG's death, I remember some users here really tried to shame other users expressing their distress and disdain that RGB didn't retire when Obama could have safely replaced her. Like her actions which help lead to ACB taking her seat was beyond criticism. Her enjoyment having her job as a SC justice was more important that making sure no right-wing hack will take her place, which puts all the group she helped in her career in danger again.

Breyer is doing the exact same thing even though he saw firsthand how that ended.
yeah a ton of people used to shit on anybody that would dare say she should retire because we can't afford to lose a supreme court seat and sure enough it happened. i mean after all it'll only affects our freaking lives for decades after when she would be dead and wouldn't have to live with the consequences but we shouldn't be mean!

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
We forgive you, Queen!
You could almost paraphrase her statement into "Damn monkeys should be grateful we even let their kind into our country." Props to Katie Kooz for covering it up enough that it didn't really break through to the mainstream consciousness.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Where there's smoke, there's fire. For a liberal Supreme Court justice who sat on the bench 27 years to have all of fucking ONE black law clerk speaks volumes about her... but of course liberals have deified her and will whitewash these latest comments too... all I can say is "bye Felicia", and let's talk about what her true motives might have been for not stepping down and letting Obama appoint her replacement...

Outside of Gorsuch, relatively small sample size, most Justices do not have a good diversity record.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing we asked of her was not to die after she selfishly chose to not retire during Obama's years. She failed. That's her legacy.